Start by marking “Heating Up the Kitchen: Recipes with Love from Lucky Harbor (Lucky Harbor #2.4)” as Want to Read:
Heating Up the Kitchen: Recipes with Love from Lucky Harbor (Lucky Harbor #2.4)

Heating Up the Kitchen: Recipes with Love from Lucky Harbor (Lucky Harbor #2.4)

3.97  ·  Rating details ·  503 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
Hello Readers,

Thanks for coming to Lucky Harbor. I'm sure your presence has already been noted by Lucille and the rest of her blue-hair posse and will shortly be posted on their Facebook page. Hope you don't have toilet paper stuck to your shoe.

Or any secrets...

Published April 15th 2011 by Forever (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Heating Up the Kitchen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heating Up the Kitchen

The Little House Cookbook by Barbara M. WalkerThe Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook by Dinah BucholzThe Pooh Cook Book by Virginia H. EllisonThe Jane Austen Cookbook by Maggie BlackThe Narnia Cookbook by Douglas Gresham
Literary Cookbooks
111 books — 45 voters
Silence by Becca FitzpatrickYou Against Me by Jenny DownhamDark Heart Rising by Lee MonroeThe Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle HodkinHalo by Alexandra Adornetto
Hugs!
101 books — 19 voters

More lists with this book...

seton
Dec 04, 2011 rated it it was ok
I am not sure if I am the right target for this cookbook since I haven't read the Lucky Harbor series and I am an indifferent cook. However, I often try recipes from Epicurious, All-Recipes, and Food&Wine magazine all the time and a recipe is a recipe.

The recipes here are for regular home-made items like casserole, salads, muffins, pies, etc. My biggest problem was that there was no indications of serving size. Some looked like they would serve 5, some looked like they would serve 8-10, but
Ellen (more books, please)
Nov 25, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbook
An electronic freebie available on Kindle and probably Nook, too.
I did the Honey Bun Muffins this morning. Yum. I did leave out the egg (by accident) and they were still a keeper. Probably won't use the egg in making it.
The other recipes look like ones you would find in neighborhood/school/club fundraiser, and I say that with love and affection. Some of my favorite recipes come from those books.
Anyway, well worth the cost of admission for the muffin recipe.
Pattianne
Jan 19, 2014 marked it as to-read
Heating Up the Kitchen - Lucky Harbor Series #2.4 -

Or any secrets...

In these pages are recipes on how to catch a man, how to cope with sisters, and bunches of wisdom. Whoops, sorry. Wrong book. (See either Simply Irresistible, The Sweetest Thing, or Head Over Heels).

T
AH
Kobo free download 11/2/11.

About 20 recipes and a preview of Christmas in Lucky Harbor: Simply Irresistible/The Sweetest Thing and Head Over Heels.

Recipes look OK, but take up about 40 pages with the rest of this ebook being previews. It was free on Kobo and Kindle. I notice Kobo is now charging $0.99. Not sure if I would pay for this.
Ellie
Apr 18, 2011 marked it as not-for-me
I think this is a great idea! The books have so much food in them (especially #2 with all it's cutely named stuff). And Lucky Harbor feels like a real place to me, and with a lot of B&B's there are recipe books you can take home (and then rarely use, lol), so why wouldn't there be one here. Great Idea for a contribution to the series!

I won't be reading this becuase it's not really my thing (I tend to cook without a guide --- and that tends to not work out. But whatever, I can't change who I
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
I love the idea of this free read!

There's about 20 or so recipes that are mentioned in the Lucky Harbor series. If you've read The Sweetest Thing, then you know Tara is a cook. You get all the recipes and more in this fun, little read.

Super sweet, just like some of the desserts in here!
Beckey
May 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Very nice to have if you are reading the lucky harbor series!
I am not much of a cookbook reader but I throughly enjoyed!
I usually just wing it with my meals & my dinners come out great, with me trying new seasonings or other "crazy" (my family's term) things with dinner! It's never boring in our house!
Monique
Oct 31, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-book
This is a short book with about 20 recipes. There was only one that I thought I would try - You're My honey bun muffins. What I did like were the quotes between each one. Not sure where the title comes from because it's not much to make my kitchen heat up (at least the way I thought she was referring to). This was a free kindle download and really short so just average.
JoAnne
Dec 12, 2011 rated it it was ok
This was a companion book to The Sweetest Thing - book 2 in the Lucky Harbor series. It's only sold as an ebook. Since I enjoyed the first two books in the series I purchased it. All it is are recipes mentioned in the book. I thought it would at least have some dialog or have a storyline. I was greatly disappointed that it was only a cookbook.
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Cute cookbook full of Tara's notes and recipes. I FREAKIN' LOVE the Lucky Harbor Series!!

Click here for the links and what D has to say about Lucky Harbor =)
Joyce Hunt
Some of these recipes look really yummy! I can't wait to try them out.
Olga Cabral
Sep 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Lucky Harbor is by far the best series I've read. A little romance, a little humor, great read to keep you interested.
Chris Brandstatter
Feb 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Love it!!
KatLynne
Apr 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone looking for easy, yummy recipes.
Very easy Recipes from Lucky Harbor. Kindle ebook @ $.99 cents.

I've tried three of the breakfast recipes and they were easy, quick, and yummy!
Tracey
Aug 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-2519
Cute
Emily
Jul 05, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
YUM!!!

Just what I needed for the school holidays! Plenty of family friendly recipes!!
SheLove2Read
Sep 21, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011
Several good recipes and a delicious (pun intended) preview of Head Over Heels.
Coachlady1
Aug 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Yummy stuff :)
Kimberley
Feb 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I just love the incredible ideas in this book. I have tried a few and they were delicious. Jill Shavlis has a wonderful talent. The previews in the back left me wanting to read more .
Tracey
Sep 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2012
Loved it...
Paisley
Sep 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
A fun little book that accompanies book #2 and is filled with yummy (and very low fat - cough cough) stuff.
Darcy
Sep 19, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-book, 2012, cookbooks
What I liked best about this was all the recipes. As I read the first 2 books I would find my mouth watering with all the dishes they talked about. I can't wait to try a bunch of these out!
Heidi
Sep 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Great recipes from the Lucky Harbor series.
Renee
Dec 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
I really want to try some of these recipes!
Ashley Barrett
Jul 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unique!

What a fun way to experience Lucky Harbor! My favorite things in life are cooking and reading. This out a smile on my face!
Diane
Oct 12, 2011 rated it it was ok
a short cook booklet with some decent recipes,but nothing to wrte home about for me
Nancy
May 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Love the recipes & the little sayings between the recipes. It makes the characters a little more real. I can't wait to try some the things & will be thinking of the story too.
Tishke
Mar 18, 2012 rated it liked it
It is a fast read, I did skim through some parts!
♥ Nell ♥
Jul 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jill-shalvis
A great little cook book.... some of the comments made me laugh. It made me feel like I was in Lucky Harbour!
P.A.
Oct 14, 2012 rated it liked it
Like the sayings in between each recipe but it would be nice if it was easier to get to each recipe without having to know what page it's on.
  • Thanksgiving Cookbook (Classic Cookbooklets) by Gooseberry Patch
  • The Everything Soup, Stew, and Chili Cookbook
  • Prevention Healthy Favorites: Chicken Recipes: 48 Easy and Delicious Meals!
  • The Everything Potluck Cookbook (Everything Series)
  • Cooking from China’s Fujian Province: One of China's Eight Great Cuisines
  • Salads for Every Season: 25 Recipes from Earthbound Farm
  • A Taste of Haiti (Hippocrene Cookbook Library)
  • A Cookbook by Ted
  • Aprovecho: A Mexican-American Border Cookbook (Hippocrene Cookbook Library)
  • Nile Style: Egyptian Cuisine and Culture: Ancient Festivals, Significant Ceremonies, and Modern Celebrations
  • The Kerala Kitchen: Recipes and Recollections from the Syrian Christians of South India
  • Old Havana Cookbook: Cuban Recipes in Spanish and English (Bilingual Cookbooks)

Look for Jill's latest, LOST AND FOUND SISTERS on shelves and e-readers now, and get all her bestselling, award-winning books wherever romances are sold.

Visit Jill's websi
More about Jill Shalvis...

Lucky Harbor (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Simply Irresistible (Lucky Harbor, #1)
  • The Sweetest Thing (Lucky Harbor, #2)
  • Head Over Heels (Lucky Harbor, #3)
  • Lucky in Love (Lucky Harbor, #4)
  • At Last (Lucky Harbor, #5)
  • Forever and a Day (Lucky Harbor, #6)
  • It Had to Be You (Lucky Harbor, #7)
  • Always on My Mind (Lucky Harbor, #8)
  • Once in a Lifetime (Lucky Harbor #9)
  • It's in His Kiss (Lucky Harbor, #10)