Start by marking “Stronger Than Me ” as Want to Read:
Stronger Than Me

Stronger Than Me

Kennedy is just plain tired. Her long time, live-in boyfriend is lazy, trifling and a cheat. She keeps telling herself that one day she is going to leave, that one day her future will start. But as the years fly by that one day never comes. There is never enough money, never an opportunity. Trudging along her depressing existence, she runs headfirst into her one day in the ...more
ebook, First Edition, 161 pages
Published February 22nd 2011 by Shara Azod, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Stronger Than Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stronger Than Me

A.W.
May 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this story. It gives reality to the fact that real life heroes do exist, in addition to the fact that just because a women is strong and hard working doesn't mean she has a problem with a strong man standing with her loving and holding her tight.
Mspraise50
Mar 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Kennedy's story is the story of many strong black women around the world. Working to keep together a relationship that has long since stop being worth saving and losing themselves and their self-worth in the process.

Then comes along her prince charming Emory who sees a good woman being used and taken advantage of. He wants to help her to escape the miserable existence that is her life. He knows that she deserves better and he provides a way of escape for her if she is willing to take
Anino
This book had a great start, got muddled in the middle, & had a so-so ending...

This book was OK, but it just didn't qualify as a topnotch piece of fiction, IRR or otherwise.

Giving this one 2.5 stars.
Cherryl Montgomery
She finally got a man stronger than her!

Emory Daniel's and his brother Byron both got the women they longed for. Kennedy and Tawny Wright were cousins that the two brothers had their eyes on. With them being in the small southern town of Roberta, Georgia and all that it's backwards ways entailed, Emory could care less about what small minded people thought. He wanted Kennedy regardless. He loved everything about her.

Kennedy was sick to death of her longtime worthless boyfriend D
Elysa
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice!

I really liked this story. Emory & Kennedy morphed into the cutest dang couple. Byron & Emory reminded me of my own brothers with their loyalty, courage and determination. Of course there were times when I wanted to shake some sense into Kennedy and I didn't understand Byrons' devotion to Tawny...But together they are the " Fantastic Four" and I wished the story was even longer so you could delve deeper into their lives. Darryl is the perfect trifling crass assed cad and he had
Opinionated and Brutally Honest Reviews
This needs about 200 pages more. It just seemed like an outline. It has a lot of potential but everything was rushed and not believable. It needs more development.
Ella M. Houston
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read

Good book i wish it was longer and told more about Byron Also what happened to her cousin how did they reconci!e with her cousin s
Affair with darryl
LaKisha Dunn
Ok read

I give this book 1.5, maybe 2 stars. I've read better by this author. Kennedy needed what she got from Emory. I think had the novel been longer things would not have felt so rushed and that is why I cannot give this book 3 stars. It was too, it was rushed, and due to the length of the book there was growth and development as it pertained to their relationship and Kennedy's own personal growth. She went from a bad relationship, right into another relationship. She needed time to find
Tisha
Jul 28, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ebook, own-a-copy
Kennedy is a nice, decent girl. Unfortunately, with only a high school diploma to her name, she won’t go too far in life. Add to that that the fact that she has been dating Daryl for 12 years and putting up with this unproductive, lazy, cheating man-child. She wants to break free eventually… The perfect opportunity comes in the form of an arrangement from two military brothers. Unbeknownst to her, Emory Daniels has designed with this whole business deal to rescue Kennedy. Lord knows she needs it ...more
Thelritta
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable read

I really liked this story, I read it in one sitting non stop. Is there a continuation with Byron's story? I sure hope so. Definitely going in the reread pile. Short but well written.
Laverne Brewster
She did not know the strength of habit until she tried to break away!

5.00 stars. This story was well written with memorable characters and an engrossing plot. Emory Daniel and Kennedy Wright made a lovely couple, and the author made their journey to that end an interesting and enjoyable read. The book was set in a small back woods southern town, the heroes are two brothers with the same white father but Emory has a white mother while Byron 's mother is black. The heroine, Kennedy, has been i
Deloris
Mar 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
his was truly a love story sometimes as women we need that Knight to rescue us when you have worked your self to the bone with some one who does not care. Emory was that for Kennedy he made a way to rescue his strong independent women I really enjoyed this romance now I am waiting for Bryan's story I hope there is one.
Lolita
Jan 10, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok read

The book was a predictable read, but that is not a bad thing. The characters could have been more rounded, but I liked them. The editing could have also been better. If you want a quick comforting read, you will not be disappointed.
TJ
Mar 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Good story the female lead is very relatable even if the story was a little unbelievable. However I could really relate with the female lead especially with believing and hoping that life will be different or hope for a break in the tide so you could ride the waves not be consumed by them!
Camilla Baker
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read

Author has a gift for prose. Have enjoyed her books for a long time, just wish they were longer. Looking forward to more from this author.
HI5O
Mar 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good

A straightforward, real life trial that could happen to anyone. It's easy to get complacent and ignore what you're missing in life.
Stacy Anita Edwards
Disappointed

Found myself skimming through the last three chapters. EVERYTHING felt so rushed. Felt no real chemistry between the characters. BORING read.
Kesha
May 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Wish it was a little longer but I hope Emory and Kennedy are seen again in Byron and Tawny's book. Gotta find out if Byron and Tawny have a book and read it.
LaTosha Howell
May 21, 2016

• Leoti
  • Nerds Are Freaks Too
  • Her Perfect Gift: 50 Loving States, Illinois
  • Dimitri's Moon (The Megalodon Team, #6)
  • On Caristo's Watch (Italian Knights, #2)
  • The Throwaway Year
  • Riding the Storm
  • The Fight Within
  • Loving the Beast (Breathlessly Ever After, #1)
  • Coyote Inn
  • Ivy's Twisted Vine
  • Friends
  • Trolling Nights
  • Pursuing Zarah (Zarah, #1)
  • Ebony Eyes
  • Hostile Takeover
  • Love Through Pain
  • Adrienne (Bron Universe, #1)
Shara is- well let's just say touched. Born a Marine brat, Shara is a Navy Veteran with a pathological love for men in uniform, chocolate, and heroes that are maybe a touch psychotic. With over seventy-five books in her backlog, Shara has no intention of slowing down any time soon. She's definitely not safe for work, or the kids, or- you know what? She's just not safe.

Also writes as Allie Blocker