Start by marking “An Amish Wedding” as Want to Read:
An Amish Wedding

An Amish Wedding

(An Amish Wedding)

Three best-selling authors. Three possible brides. Three separate tales. They come together for an Amish wedding.

Priscilla King has dreamed of being married to Chester Lapp since she was sixteen. With the help of her sister Naomi’s matchmaking skills, Chester proposes to Priscilla on her nineteenth birthday. As the wedding day approaches, problems emerge: an attendant with
Published November 28th 2011 by Thomas Nelson (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about An Amish Wedding, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Amish Wedding

Willow
Aug 04, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2012
*Spoiler alert*

I didn't learn about Amish lifestyle as much as I hoped. The story was engaging but everything was too perfect. All the characters were good-willed, kind, sensitive, thoughtful, yadi yadi yada, and the plans were perfect and everything works out eventually. El fin.
Martha
Oct 27, 2014 rated it liked it
"A Perfect Plan" by Beth Wiseman, "The Perfect Match" by Kathleen Fuller, and "The Perfect Secret" by Kelly Long have written about three Amish women in three different short stories that are faced with many obstacles preparing for their wedding day. Will Priscilla King, Naomi Fisher, or Rose Bender find their way to marriage?

An Amish Wedding is my first Amish book that I have read. I was a little disappointed to know that an Amish person could be a thief and cells phones were allowed. I know th
Lecy
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
I was pleasantly surprised by these three short stories that revolve around one small Amish community and a wedding that is to occur in the near future. Often, these types of books can go overboard on the emotion or are too heavily influenced by religion, but this book was nicely done. It was cozy and yet cheerfully humorous and it reminded me of the many Amish and Mennonite friends I've made over the years.
Kara
Nov 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
An Amish Wedding by Kelly Long, Kathleen Fuller, & Beth Wiseman
Review by Kara Grant

Will these three Amish women get the wedding of their dreams or will they have to settle for something else? Here are three very different stories woven into one book with different perspectives on how to trust God with the most important decision a young woman can make. Out of the three stories, only two women are getting married, but there is love to be experienced by each.

A Perfect Secret
This is the story o
Jen.
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
Skipped the first story.

"A Perfect Match by Kathleen Fuller - Short, sweet and chaste romance. A few humorous scenes. Storyline moved well for a novella. Nice job! 3 Stars"

"A Perfect Plan by Beth Wiseman - A comedy of errors impact these cute characters' wedding preparations. Strong message about how worrying too much will distract you from understanding God's plan. "Only God's plan is perfect." Sweet romance. Three stars!"
Nancy
Apr 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
A book of three novellas, all centered around wedding preparations. Kept my interest and focused on perfectionism, God's will, trust and more. Romantic.
Angieleigh
This wasn't my favorite of the Amish collections that I've read lately. This could possibly be because the narrator's voice irked me when she did certain male voices. Like, gave me weird vibes irksome.

While they may embody Old Order Amish, the characters in this book also embrace New Order Amish bordering on Englisher customs. And I'm not meaning those who are in their Rumspringa, either. While some had phone shanties for their businesses, they also carried cell phones. Usually it's those who a
Kate
Nov 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like how each of these stories was set not only in the same community, but at the same basic time. This added a bit of cohesiveness to the collection that might not have been there otherwise. I also appreciated how each couple in the stories learned how to trust in God's plan and timing and lead.
I think my favourite of the stories was Luke and Rose's. I enjoyed the bit of mystery surrounding "Rob in the Hood", and how that eventually played out in Luke and Rose's lives.
Ellen
May 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
I listened to this book, which is always tricky, because a reader can make or a break a book, regardless if the book is great or so-so. I didn't love the reader, so I'm not sure how much the reader influenced my opinion of the book. Anyway, the story was good, but it seemed very wordy and overly dramatic. It was my first Amish book and I enjoyed learning (assuming the book was accurate) about the Amish culture.
Sra Rodriguez
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In true Amish fiction style, the clean romance in these three stories in one book does not disappoint. Although I was surprised when it switched from one person's story to another, as I read on it became clear that the second story was linked to the first. The third story was not a surprise, as I had looked a the table of contents by then.

Carol
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book has 3 novellas about what else - Amish Weddings! I love the Amish culture and their devotion to God and threating others truly as God treats us. It's a joy to read and listen to a story that has no violence or language and just enjoy the happy endings!
Megan Rang
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Three amazing Amish stories all in one book. I love the connection each story had to the others!!
Brit
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Too sugary and sweet.
Senga
Jan 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have always enjoyed the Amish romance genre and this book with three separate but connected stories is perfect as a light uncomplicated story to listen to.
Elizabeth Meadows
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
A sweet set of stories, each with a different romance, but all related to one wedding and wedding party.
Lorraine Shaw
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book.
Jessica
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
#readathon finished this audiobook I started before the Readathon. Great read!
Suzanne
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed all 3 books, but a "Perfect Secret" was my favorite.
Lauren Kenna
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was a little different for me, but I enjoyed it. The only thing is I would like more of Rose and Naomi's stories.
Lennine
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beth Wiseman and friends are always a good read.
Mary Beth
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Priscilla King has been planning to marry Chester Lapp since she was sixteen years old, and when Chester proposes on Priscilla's nineteenth birthday, wedding plans begin immediately.
Michele
Jul 18, 2017 rated it liked it
The first story was just plain unreal. I know these books are fiction but many read as non-fiction, which I like. I enjoyed the other two stories.
Babetta
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was ok
Certainly not a favorite.
Camille
From my blog: http://books-camilleelise4.blogspot.com

An Amish Wedding by Beth Wiseman, Kathleen Fuller & Kelly Long

I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. I am under no obligation to write a positive review, just an honest one. I also want to thank both NetGalley and Thomas Nelson Publishers for allowing me to review this book.

An Amish Wedding is three short novellas revolving around the same group of characters as the wedding of Priscilla approaches.

In the first st
Wendy
Nov 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book and could hardly put it down. It amazes me how three authors can write stories that go together, does one write first, then the second, then the last one or do they get together and plot the characters and certain 'events' that take place? These stories are about three friends and take place during the same time span.

"A Perfect Secret" is a story about Rose and Luke, lifelong friends and neighbors who are engaged. This is very intriguing since they have both joined the
Patty Hearts Dave
Nov 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book contains three stories written by three different authors - Kelly Long, Kathleen Fuller, and Beth Wiseman. All three stories have the wedding of Priscilla King and Chester Lapp running through them.

Perfect Secret

Priscilla is friends with Rose Bender. Rose is going to be an attendant in her wedding. Rose and Luke Zook have been best friends forever. They are getting married a few months after Priscilla and Chester.. Suddenly, Rose is tired of the comfortable, safeness of Luke. She feels
Drebbles
Feb 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
"An Amish Wedding" consists of three novellas by three different authors set in the same Amish community and focusing on three young Amish women who have dreams of falling in love and having the perfect Amish wedding.

A Perfect Secret - Kelly Long

Rose Bender and Luke Lantz have known each other their entire lives and it is almost inevitable that they will marry. Rose cares for Luke but wishes there was more excitement in their relationship. Rose gets her wish when she discovers Luke may have a se
Laurie Carlson
A very enjoyable collaboration of three books in one. The books are:
1. A Perfect Secret by Kelly Long
2. A Perfect Match by Kathleen Fuller
3. A Perfect Plan by Beth Wiseman
At the end of the book it includes:
*Reading Group Guide
*Amish Recipes
*Acknowledgments
*About the Authors

My Take:
All three of these stories are somewhat intertwined. In the first story, A Perfect Secret, by Kelly Long, Rose and Luke are neighbors, and they happen to get engaged. Rose worries whether or not passion really can exi
Faye
Nov 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
Three Amish couples wrestle with doubts and hilarious situations in the days prior to their nuptials.

Each of the three novellas are interwoven with the story lines of the other making this book even sweeter. Because this is a novellas collection I will split my review into 3 parts, with a brief review of each story.

Perfect Secret is the first of the collection, and tells the tale of Rose Bender and her husband-to-be Luke. As the date grows closer so do Rose's suspicions that Luke is hiding somet
Abbie
3.5 Stars

This is a book made up of three different stories by three different authors. The neat thing about these stories is they all fit together by leading up to a final event.

The Perfect Secret: This story is about Rose and Luke. They become engaged but Rose is not sure its for the best and Luke has a secret he is not sharing with Rose. I will be honest this story is not one I enjoyed that much. The idea for the story line was okay but since it was a short story it felt rushed. One minute R
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• A Hope for Hannah (Hannah's Heart, #2)
  • Treasuring Emma (Middlefield Family, #1)
  • The Way to a Man's Heart (Miller Family, #3)
  • The Scent of Cherry Blossoms (Apple Ridge #4)
  • Lilly's Wedding Quilt (Patch of Heaven, #2)
  • The Wounded Heart (Amish Quilt, #1)
  • A Life of Joy (Kauffman Amish Bakery, #4)
  • The Survivor (Families of Honor #3)
  • Promised To Another (Amish of Seymour County, #3)
  • Along Wooded Paths (Big Sky #2)
  • Her Restless Heart (Stitches In Time Series #1)
  • The Journey (Kentucky Brothers, #1)
"I wish I had the time to review books and chat with you here, but my writing deadlines just don't allow it. Please like my Fans of Beth Wiseman Page on Facebook where I try to post any news and interact with readers."
Beth is the best-selling and award winning author of the Daughters of the Promise series - Plain Perfect, Plain Pursuit, Plain Promise, Plain Paradise, and Plain Proposal. She is co

An Amish Wedding (3 books)
  • A Perfect Plan (An Amish Wedding)
  • A Perfect Match: An Amish Wedding Novella
  • A Perfect Secret: An Amish Wedding Novella
“Where were you while we were growing up? Did you not listen at all? We cannot understand God's plan for us. Everything is His will. It might seem like things are falling apart sometimes, but often God has something better in store for us down the line. You will enjoy life much better if you will just relax.” 10 likes