Start by marking “Fighting the Devil” as Want to Read:
Fighting the Devil

Fighting the Devil

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  137 Ratings  ·  78 Reviews
A Texas millionaire rancher discovered his wife and bookkeeper had stolen thousands of dollars from him. After he demanded the money back, he started getting sick. While he was in the hospital, doctors were mystified as to how an otherwise healthy, energetic man could become so deathly ill. The dying man told everyone within earshot that his wife and bookkeeper were killin ...more
Published by CreateSpace (first published May 25th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Fighting the Devil, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fighting the Devil

Jeannie Walker
Sep 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Adults who love mystery and suspense
This is a true story about the arsenic murder of a Texas millionaire. The motive to poison the wealthy 49-year-old man to death was Old Fashioned Greed - A million dollar estate and $350,000 life insurance policy. The millionaire's ex-wife became a real-life Sherlock Holmes to help solve the case.
Alana
Dec 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was amazed at this powerful and emotional book. It aroused all my emotions, joy, anger, love, hate, horror, fear. It is a tremendous book.Fighting the Devil
Goldleader
Sep 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Every adult
Recommended to Goldleader by: friend
I thought this was an exceptionally well written book. It grabbed my attention from the start to finish. I would recommend it to everyone who loves true crime, mystery and suspense. It is a good book and a good read!
Castlerock
Sep 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found the book very intriguing and interesting. I kept reading it until my eyes got too tired.
It's that interesting. Just goes to show that sometimes you don't really know people like you think you do. I'm going to recommend it to all my friends.
Goldleader
Sep 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Every adult
Recommended to Goldleader by: friend
I just finished reading the book, Fighting the Devil by Jeannie Walker. Thought it was a terrific book! When I checked out the author's website, I just had to get the book to read. Once I started reading, I couldn't put it down...It is a good read!
Charles
Aug 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: buy
This book was fantastic. I could not put it down. Everybody should buy this book and read it. It was blood chilling. I learned the devil will get people will do anything for money, including poisoning a person to death.
Royalreader
Oct 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was a marvelous book. It was interesting from the first page to the last page. I hope there will be a sequel and this book made into a movie. It was definitely a good read. I loved it!
Carol Ann
Dec 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given Fighting the Devil as a gift. I loved it. I could not stop reading until I finished it. It is an extraordinary book.
Haresh Daswani
May 07, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is my first time to read a true crime book and I found this book exceptionally unique.

What I like about certain books are the true colors and culture of the writer. Jeannie's strong traditional Christian inclinations, finding paranormal signs, and depiction of local police and justice was very insightful of her town and her story. It is so real, it feels so real, that when reading the book, I was with her as she fought for justice.

This book was a fast read, but in the end it can get very tech
TJ
This book is an account of one woman's experience living through the murder of her ex-husband, then following the steps it took to uncover the murderer and bring about justice. It does not read like a novel but more of recounting from memory - a step by step telling of events, adding legal evidence and backstory as necessary. It is obviously amateur but also intriguing, especially if one is interested in the journey from crime to punishment in a "Law & Order" kind of way but given from a lay ...more
  • Vanessa: A Portrait Of Evil
  • Witch: The True Story of Las Vegas' Most Notorious Female Killer
  • Open Secrets - A True Story Of Love, Jealousy And Murder
  • A Need to Kill: Confessions of a Teen Murderer
  • Cruelty To Innocents (The 911 Abductions, #1)
  • A Death in White Bear Lake: The True Chronicle of an All-American Town
  • A Love To Die For
  • The Guardians of the Hidden Scepter
  • Runaway Devil: How Forbidden Love Drove a 12-Year-Old to Murder Her Family
Award Winning Author

My debut book was a true crime. I am proud to announce "Fighting the Devil" was the 2011 NATIONAL INDIE EXCELLENCE AWARDS TRUE CRIME FINALIST and 2010 BOOK OF THE YEAR AWARDS TRUE CRIME WINNER.
My other true stories - "I Saw the Light", "Thomas, the Friendly Ghost", "Forever in My Heart", and my color illustrated children's book, "The Rain Snake".
"Fighting the Devil" is a True
More about Jeannie Walker...
“You gotta help me get out of here! They're trying to kill me. I'm gonna die. I've got $35,000 missing. Those two women took it. They're trying to kill me. You gotta help me. Cut me loose! Cut me loose!” 9 likes
“You gotta help me get out of here! Cut me loose! Cut me loose!
Well, Jerry, I gotta go to work, but I'll come back this afternoon and if you're not better, then we'll see about ... I'll see what I can do.
It'll be too late, Gamble. I'll be dead by then. Cut me loose! You gotta help me. You just gotta help me!”
8 likes