Start by marking “Kidnapping the Laird” as Want to Read:
Kidnapping the Laird

Kidnapping the Laird

3.65  ·  Rating details ·  400 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
Catriona MacDonnell is a wife of convenience who discovers that she wants more from the handsome, sexy laird she had to marry.

Padruig Grant was not happy when his wife kicks him out of her bed, but his pride prevents him from returning to it. When Catriona takes matters...and her husband...into her own hands to claim the love they both deserve, should he resist her valian
Published February 24th 2011

To ask other readers questions about Kidnapping the Laird, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kidnapping the Laird

Rebecca (everyday reader)
Padruig and Catriona have been married for 4 months, but after a poor experience on their wedding night Cat has made it clear that he is no longer welcome in her bed. She wants a husband, a real marriage, and even love. The only way she can get him alone and possibly be intimate again, is to have his brothers kidnap him and take him to an abandoned cottage where Cat is waiting. A second chance to get it right. Good read!!
Karen
Mar 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: highlanders
My kind of highland tale. Very quick and easy to read but very enjoyable. I bought it cheaply as an ebook from Amazon but I have since read that it was originally published as part of the "Mammoth Book of Scottish Romance" which I have recently ordered from Book Depository.
Grace Jones
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
a short, sweet and cute historical romance 😄
Christine
Feb 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
A short but awesome read!

They were forced into a marriage to help both sides find peace. She is sick of him keeping some hot stuff on the side and decides to take matters into her own hand and try to make sure her marriage becomes much, much better.

Her way of doing this? Kidnapping her husband and telling him what she wants.

Of course there is seduction and true love underneath their forced marriage. This novel will keep you entertained. I truly loved the added characters of his brothers. They ma
Joan Osborne
Sep 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable short story

This was a fun story about an arranged marriage between rival clans that started off wrong and ended up right. Highly recommended.
Ruth
What a wonderful little story! It's neatly self-contained, gives just enough detail to be in context and leaves you feeling happy. This is my idea of the perfect quickie story!
Maura
Feb 10, 2015 rated it liked it
Victoria Foster
Apr 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
So good but wished it was a bit longer

Even though this was a short story I really enjoyed it. There is a sort of mystery revolving around the two characters that make you wonder what happened on their wedding night. However like most historical romances revolving around warring clans you kind of get the gist of what went wrong.

I do wish it was a bit longer (or maybe a whole novel lol).I would have lifesaving more detail of where it took place and not just the name of the castle. I do recommend t
Deanne
Sep 30, 2012 rated it liked it
Cute , sweet , romantic highlander romance ,
I came across this novella as one of my free ebook I was able to download from my kobo .

Great story, great plot , but I wish that this short story was turned into a novel instead ..... other than being disappointing with the shortness of the story it was a great read..
Maggie Hesseling
Mar 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
I'm not a big short story fan, but this one is really fun. How do you get your husband's attention when he seems to be so focused on his leman? In this case drastic measures might be in order, afterall he's a highland Laird.
Caterina Neko
I really enjoyed the way the writer delivered the story! It was a short sample, but I'd like very much to read more of her. The plot was interesting and at some points captivating! The heroine, Cat, is a brave young woman, with a lot of imagination!
Kelly Ann
Dec 09, 2012 rated it liked it
I really liked this short novella and I liked how the herione kidnapped her husband. This has a great plot and in my opinion could have definitely been a full length novel. I will have to check into this author's other scottish historical romance novels.
JKT
Oct 21, 2012 rated it liked it
A sweet short story.
Elena
Sep 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
cute short story, but should have been a real novel - when the idea is there, why not expand on it ?!
Amanda R
Sep 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Nice and short. Loved that it was free on iTunes.
Anna
May 13, 2011 rated it liked it
Short novel about a woman who turns the tables on her Scottish husband by convincing his brothers to kidnap him for her so she can seduce him and try to make their marriage a real one. You go, girl!
Andrea
Aug 24, 2016 rated it it was ok
It was okay. Cute story but sorely lacking of details.
Donie Deaton
Nov 02, 2012 rated it did not like it
Typical of all the Highlander books, For anyone who liked the taste of novella and wants lots more look to the Outlander series and really step back in time...
Danielle Carpenter
Feb 01, 2013 rated it liked it
This books is a short story about a woman who wants her husband to be a husband. Kidnapping is a way of life in Scotland in the 1300's, so she plans to kidnapp her husband to ransom her demands.
KissingZombies
Dec 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
wonderful short story!!
Juuli
Nice story. Shame it wasn't a novel.
Tegs
Jan 02, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: historical
Yes, it was short but that was not what bothered me. It was the ending that disappointed me.
Lori Yvette Fernandez Lopez
Jan 03, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
Cute, but I wish it were longer.
Nancy Badger
Loved it! Funny and sexy, historical without slowing it down, another Terri Brisbin hit...in kilts!
Giselle
Lynnleeann jefferson
Jul 04, 2015
Pam H
Jan 08, 2017
  • The Rebel (Highlander Trilogy, #0.5)
  • Unwilling (The MacLauchlans, #2)
  • The Reiver
  • X Marks the Scot (Bad Boys of the Highlands, #2)
  • The Trouble With Highlanders (The Sutherlands, #2)
  • A Highlander for Christmas (Children of the Mist, #4.5)
  • The Bold Heart (Highland Heather and Hearts Scottish Romance #4)
  • Flirting with Ruin (Castonbury Park 0.5)
  • At Last
  • Angel of Skye (MacPherson Clan, #1)
  • Sins of a Highland Devil (Highland Warriors, #1)
  • Highland Lover (Scottish Knights Trilogy, #3)
  • Plaid to the Bone (Spirit of the Highlands, #0.5)
  • Isle of Lies (Scottish Duo, #1)
  • The Mammoth Book of Scottish Romance
  • Highland Barbarian (Highlander, #1)
  • Out of the Dark
  • The Raven's Wish (Scottish Clans, #3)
Terri Brisbin is a USA TODAY Bestselling author and three-time RWA RITA® finalist, and has had her historical and paranormal romances published in more than 20 languages and 25 countries around the world since 1998. She’s written more than 45 novels, novellas and short stories for Berkley/Jove, Harlequin, Kensington Books, NAL/Signet and soon SMP Swerve. Terri has also self-published her backlist ...more
More about Terri Brisbin...