Start by marking “Dutch's Boy” as Want to Read:
Dutch's Boy

Dutch's Boy

3.6  ·  Rating details ·  30 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Fulfilling your dream isn’t easy, especially if you’re the son of well-known rodeo rider Dutch Reynolds. Dutch doesn’t want to see his son Harry leave the family ranch until he feels Harry is ready. But for Harry, his dream of riding broncos at the rodeo seems to be passing him by. With the moral support of his best friend Reb, Harry takes his life in his own hands and lea ...more
Published February 28th 2011 by Seventh Window Publications (first published February 27th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Dutch's Boy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dutch's Boy

Kassa
Mar 31, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I picked this wild west story due to the publisher, Seventh Window Publications, but sadly it didn’t that well for me. The setting seems to blend historical and contemporary times while offering a lot of sex scenes between metaphors about finding yourself. The message isn’t bad but it’s also obvious with easy resolutions everywhere. The initial concepts are intriguing but the writing is basic and the characters aren’t given enough depth and interest to really make this sing for me.

Harry is the s
S.J.D. Peterson
Harry has always lived under Dutch's rules. At 20 he's tired of sitting home and taking care of his ma and sister while his daddy, Dutch, lives the life of a rodeo star. Harry has always followed his daddy's rules While he waits for his chance he teaches himself to rope and ride. He knows that one day he'll follow in his daddy's footsteps. He was born to ride, it's in his blood. After all he's Dutch's boy.
When Harry finally decides enough is enough he takes every dime he's made and boards a trai
Lee Brazil
Mar 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I got lost in time a little bit, between the old west feel and the contemporary setting, but it was okay, because it worked. Harry and Reb are charming in their exuberance and self discovery.
Kathy
Apr 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
4 Stars - Dutch's Boy was, at the end, a deeper story than I had expected; which is rather silly, because Xavier Axelson first book I’d read did the very same thing. It’s very nice to know that this seems to be a facet of his writing; it’s definitely something I enjoy a lot.

In this book, Harry is tired of sitting and doing what his father tells him. He has dreams and plans that aren’t going anywhere and the frustrations this twenty-year-old is feeling are nigh onto exploding… and taking no priso
Don Bradshaw
Not your everyday home on the range cowboy story. This one pits a father's will against that of his son's. Well done story.
Jenre
Apr 13, 2011 rated it liked it
I like cowboy stories. There's something rather sexy about a man in chaps and so I was looking forward to read this offering from Seventh Window Publications. The story involves young cowboy Harry who's trying to escape from under the shadow of his overbearing rodeo star father, Dutch, and strike out on his own in the rodeo circuit. That's not easy though when Harry's never been away from home before. Fortunately he has the help of his best friend, Reb, and a determination to succeed.

This novell
ManOhMan
May 11, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Reviewed by Kerri:
Usually when reading a book, I find some things about it that I like and other things that I don't.

I will say that the author can put together an interesting story. Sadly, I felt the writing itself took away from it. While moving through the pages, I felt I was being told a story and not shown. The whole show vs tell arguement springs to mind. I didn't get into the story like I should have, and that also left me with not being able to connect with the characters. I just wasn't
Patricia
Mar 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A very hot sweet story. (If there is such a thing)
Harry is trying to find his "way" in the rodeo world and daddy Dutch is trying to set up road blocks for Harry.

I really loved this book, wished it was longer. I can hope hope for more on Harry & Reb and more on the rodeo circuit. Who doesn't love a hot cowboy and his horse?. Wouldn't mind a story on Blake. Now I could really get into Blake.
Sex on a train? Now that's hot!!
I highly recommend this book!!
Bookbee
3.5 Stars

A well written, coming-of-age story that I thoroughly enjoyed... until the repetitive use of a similar but incorrect word, which should have easily been picked up in editing, tore me out of the story time and again. Such a shame.
Blackravens Reviews
Apr 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Harry and Reb’s heartwarming and sexy relationship unquestionably appeals to the reader’s romantic side, and the ending of their story is absolute perfection. To read the rest of this review, http://www.blackravensreviews.com/?p=...
« previous 1 3 next »