Start by marking “NCV, the Devotional Bible, eBook: Experiencing the Heart of Jesus” as Want to Read:
NCV, the Devotional Bible, eBook: Experiencing the Heart of Jesus

NCV, the Devotional Bible, eBook: Experiencing the Heart of Jesus

4.76  ·  Rating details ·  248 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Imagine a hope-filled tour of the Bible with the most beloved devotional writer of our time. The Devotional Bible brings together words of encouragement and the gentle wisdom of Max Lucado with the timeless Word of God.

Favorite inspirational writer Max Lucado has done more than revise and update the best-selling Inspirational Bible. Using the New Century Version, The Devot
Published March 1st 2003 by Thomas Nelson Publishers (first published October 15th 1986)

To ask other readers questions about NCV, the Devotional Bible, eBook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about NCV, the Devotional Bible, eBook

Michelle
Mar 13, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who wants to learn more about God.
I imagine the Bible will always remain on my "currently reading" list...I love this version especially, because Max Lucado does an amazing job of helping me understand whatever it is I've just read, & he does so in a way that makes it easy to wrap my brain around it & really apply it to situations I've experienced (or am currently experiencing) in my own life.
Luv
After all these years, I finally finished reading the bible in 2011! It was the first book I read that had more than 1000 pages! I was so proud of myself when I finished! I started backwards though. I read the new testament first, and then went back and read the old testament. This book was an eye opener for me. I saw clear as day all the prophecies pointing to Jesus. It was astounding! There is no getting around Isaiah 53! This specific bible is great. I loved the introduction to every new book ...more
Lynnette Franciscus
The Bible is The Bible, but what this edition offers are thoughtful "Life Lessons" in the margins to go along with the Scripture and several insightful writings on various topics scattered throughout the book.
Jill Franks
Sep 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the one I start every day with. I love it! There is a section before each chapter of each book of the Bible that explains what is happening in that chapter, along with life applications. Love it!
Karen Klein
Jan 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-devotional
God's word is always AWESOME! Enough said....
Cheryl
Jan 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my favorite Bible. I've been reading it exclusively for the past three years. The devotional part will take you through a 2-year study. It's very inspiring and easy to understand.
Angela
Jan 21, 2012 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I am enjoying reading and really enjoying Max Lucado's Life Lessons and how we can apply to our lives today as well as the further explorations on daily readings.
Cindy
Jan 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: religion
I have read this as an annual read from the following dates:

November 12, 2004 - July 11th, 2005

July 12, 2005 - April 27, 2006

April 28, 2006 - March 9, 2007
Anna
Jun 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What do I think? I've been a hooked fan of Max Lucado's study bibles, ministry teachings and devotional studies. It was over 12 years ago that I came across his authored books and I have "Not" been able to "Not" have his materials in my home, easily assessible for reading at anytime. I lost some books several years ago and this was one of them, but I've been blessed to find his books again to purchase. Thank God! Such great breakdown of the scriptures and inspirational applications too. Thank yo ...more
Cindy Van Iwaarden
Feb 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who has trouble understanding the bible
Recommended to Cindy by: Lori Van Dam gave this to me.
This New Century Version is so easy to understand. I also like the bits that Lucado has added to enhance the stories. This is a treasure to own.

I imagine the Bible will always remain on my "currently reading" list...
Lindsay
Nov 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this bible. The version is easy to read.
kris
Sep 01, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this daily. A good All Around Devotional Bible.
Jaymee
May 20, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Jaymee by: Faith
I read my Bible day and night - mostly daytime and Max Lucado will touch one's heart in this devotional Bible.
Shannon
Mar 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian
Wonderful Bible. I love how it spoke to me.
Cathey Poindexter Taylor
Jay Anderson
Feb 23, 2015
The scriptures from a different perspective... 1 7 Apr 04, 2009 06:07PM
  • Life Lessons with Max Lucado: Book Of Hebrews
  • The NKJV, American Patriot's Bible, Hardcover: The Word of God and the Shaping of America
  • The Bible Answer Book
  • Again And Again
  • Absolute Pleasure
  • Angel in a Red Dress
  • How To Be Born Again
  • Life Is Mostly Edges: A Memoir
  • The Prayer of Jabez for Women
  • A Woman and Her God
With more than 125 million products in print and several NYT bestsellers, Max Lucado is America's bestselling inspirational author. He serves the Oak Hills Church in San Antonio, Texas, where he lives with his wife, Denalyn, and their mischievous mutt, Andy. His next book is publishing September 2017 and is titled Anxious for Nothing.

More about Max Lucado...

“When life is good, enjoy it. But when life is hard, remember:
God gives good times and hard times, and no one knows what tomorrow will bring. (Ecclesiastes 7:14, New Century Version)”
31 likes
“the same way, you should be a light for other people. Live so that they will see the good things you do and will praise your Father in heaven.” 3 likes