Start by marking “Bone, Vol. 3: Eyes of the Storm (Bone, #3)” as Want to Read:
Bone, Vol. 3: Eyes of the Storm (Bone, #3)

Bone, Vol. 3: Eyes of the Storm (Bone #3; issues 13-20)

4.31  ·  Rating details ·  10,142 Ratings  ·  509 Reviews
In "Eyes of the Storm," book three in the epic BONE series, Gran'ma Ben reveals long-kept secrets about Thorn's royal heritage and the ancient enmities that may lead to war.

In "Eyes of the Storm," volume three of the nine-book BONE saga, Lucius, Smiley, and Phoney survive an attack by the rat creatures and return safely to Lucius' tavern in Barrelhaven. Phoney, desperate t
Paperback, 1st Scholastic Edition, 174 pages
Published February 1st 2006 by Graphix (first published June 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Bone, Vol. 3, please sign up.

Aziz Varlık
Mar 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: çizgi-roman
Hikaye güzelleşiyor. Ejderhalar, Çekirgelerin Efendisi, Krallıklar, Son Savaş...

Olaylar, olaylar...
Danger
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Just as enjoyable as the last two volumes. The mysteries deepen here, progressing the story forward steadily. No idea where this is headed, but I’m enthralled enough to find out.
Skip
Jan 10, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
Picking up where Book #2 ended, Phoney Bone and Smiley Bone are working off their debt to Lucius, while Fone Bone and Thorn are having really strange dreams. Grandma Ben reacts awfully strangely when she hears them talking about it. After avoiding them and dealing with the rat creatures again, she eventually reveals a secret to them that is a game changer. I like Ted because "bugs know a lotta stuff folks wouldn't s'pose they'd know."
Mario
Mar 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I like how the plot got more serious in this one. Can't wait to start next one.
Daniel
Jan 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
Prica pocinje da se zahuktava i postaje malo mracnija. Mada Thornina prolost je malo kliseizirana al dobro. U svakom slucaju zabava se nastavlja :)
Dexter Chiasson
Nov 10, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-term
This is the third book of the bones series. The series is a graphic novel Fantasy series. In this book Fone Bone and Thorn are having really strange dreams and Grandma Ben is reacting oddly when she hears them talking about it. She then reveals a secret to them that changes things. They may have to leave the farm for ever.

Mean while Smiley and Phoney are with Lucius at his bar working of a debt they owe. Then Phoney makes a bet with Lucius. The steakes are high. Who could be the better bartender
Tj Lonergan
Aug 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Bone: into the storm is part of a book series about these creatures called bones. In this volume, they find themselves in a war between the rat creatures and themselves. This could mean they have to leave for good!

Characters- Fone Bone- One of the three bone cousins who got chased out of Boneville and eventually found themselves in the valley. He is short, smart, has big feet, a big nose and he is very bright white colored. He also has a secret affection for Thorn.
Thorn- Thorn is the grandchild
Kandice
Feb 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Now it's getting good! This began as a simple cartoon with tiny glimmers of a darker understory and now, almost 600 pages in, we are finally getting to the meat. I can see why so many people love this. It's a very, very slow boil, but if I were reading this as it was written, I don't know that I would have been patient enough to get this far.

I am really looking forward to book four.
Christopher
Nov 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
2015 reread

I find this volume difficult from a ratings perspective. If you are reading all of the volumes back to back, as you should be, there is nothing wrong with this volume. We get a huge reveal, rat creatures being rat creatures, and Phoney's bar bet with Lucious kicks off. It's a fast and entertaining volume that propels you into the next volume.

But by itself... if you were reading these as they were released and had to wait what would seem like forever between volumes... I can see this o
Michael
Oct 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
I didn't get into this installment as much, although I enjoyed the Moby Dick spoof. This volume ends with a possibly interesting setup for the next book's storyline, but I find I am not interested enough to continue. The information comes too slowly for me and without another cow race (see Volume 2), there is nothing to keep me in it for the long haul.

I was slightly disturbed that Thorn, the main female character, seems to be wearing less and less clothing as the series goes on. Does the writer
Madison Henson
Aug 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Thorn was dreams about great red dragon and stranger things, too. Sadly, her parents was died. She shocks that her parents were king and princess of Atheia.
Sherif Fattah
Sep 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A beautifully illustrated adventure. Every panel is carefully crafted and draws you into the strange world of Bone. Wish I read this as a kid.
Nolan Platten
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
These books are great!!! I love these graphic novels this one is full on action packed!!!
Emily
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
This one wasn't as funny as the first two volumes, but it did have its moments, particularly with Smiley Bone. He is the comic relief throughout the novel and even though he is the village idiot character, the author writes him in such a way that you aren't left face palming after he says or does something, but rather laughing or grinning like an idiot. At least that's how I was.

This one's content was definitely a lot more serious, and started to answer a lot of the questions that plagued me thr
Vedran Karlić
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Odlično, svaki nastavak je sve bolji.
K.C.
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comic
I liked this comic and I enjoyed the plot of this hilarious book.
Gabriel V
Oct 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
really wild.
Michael Mo.
May 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I like how it puts time in between each book so some things have changed and they look different. Also they open the book into some sort of job or dream witch is also different from other books i have read.
Brandon Tice
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SPOILER!!!! It was a great book there is some action when there is rat creatures. Also there is some conflict between rose and her grandma throughout the story it turns out she is a princess and her parents were killed saving her. Another thing is her grandfather owns a bar and challenges fone bones cousins to see who will make the most money by selling beer.
Louis Monem
I was unable to get the chance to read the first Bone book, so I skipped straight to the third book. It was a little hard to follow some of the topics they talked about but I slowly started to understand what was happening. I enjoyed reading this book a lot, it had some funny moments and also some very serious moments. I like the illustrations a lot, they were ver clear and made the book so much better. While I was reading this book I found it a bit weird how some random characters came in and o ...more
Dolly
Mar 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: people who enjoy reading graphic novels
This is the third book in the Bone series by Jeff Smith. We all read it independently and I'm so glad that our girls like the story. The story is fun, exciting, and full of drama and intrigue. We are all hooked!

My husband enjoyed collecting comic books when we were a lot younger and when I would accompany him on his trips to the comic book store, I would often pick up an issue of Bone. I thought the story was very engaging and dramatic and I loved the little guy.

Now that our girls are older and
Fugo Feedback
Mar 28, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Casi todo el mundo.
Recommended to Fugo by: Los anteriores
Hasta ahora, el mejor tomo en lo que va de la serie, sin duda alguna. Si no llega a las cuatro estrellas es por algún bajón narrativo y algún que otro caprichito mío. Sigue manteniendo el espíritu inocentón y cándido de las primeras aventuras, pero la sombra del pasado ya va cubriendo a los personajes, varias verdades salen a la luz y la cosa se está poniendo jodida de verdad. Lástima que un par de las "revelaciones" me parecieron predecibles en el mal sentido de la palabra: si Smith tenía ganas ...more
Matthew
Oct 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Another great book in the bone series. Smiley and thorn tell each other about their dreams when their grandma walks in. Then smiley, phoney and Lucias are riding to the Barrel tavern when rat creatures attack. Then tho cow freaks out and they fall of a cliff into a lake! Once they make it to the tavern Phoney and Smiley gotta work off their wagers from the cow race at the barrel haven. Phone bone, Thorn and grandma get lost in the woods when they run into rat creatures. then red dragon comes out ...more
Sara
May 05, 2014 rated it liked it
3.14159 stars.
Thorn learns her grandmother's a lying two-face with a hidden past. Gasp! :O Well, it's true, but it's not that bad. Grandma Ben's been protecting Thorn and keeping Thorn's past hidden as well- even from Thorn herself. Only now, Thorn knows and she doesn't know how she feels about what she's learned. She's despondent and honestly, that bores me. As they walk off into the sunset- or flee that impending army of rat creatures, however you want to look at it- I can only hope she sucks
Pete
Feb 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bedtime-stories
This volume kicks up the dream factor a notch. I find the dream sequences to be more traditional fantasy then the rest of the story, except for the Moby Dick inspired dream chapter.

Phone Bone is moving alone with the main story. Phoney Bone is still trying to be as shifty as possible. Smily Bone is still dim. The rat creatures are still causing trouble for everyone. I feel this will be a common yet effective pattern throughout the whole story arc.

"Thar she blows!!"

My Son: "Daddy, why does she b
Samuel Snoek-Brown
May 07, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Much more interesting than I was prepared for. The throw-back youthfulness and simplicity of the artwork, and the fantasy genre of the material, had set me up for the kind of story that isn't usually up my alley, but the character work and the subtext of both the dialogue and the artwork made for a fun and eventually fascinating read. By the time I finished this, I wished I'd started at the beginning and was itching to read the rest.
Kate
Oct 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Phew! I read this third volume so quickly that I'm not sure what to write. I know this installment was good: it is a tense, fast-paced read. Secrets are revealed and the reader is left wondering about many other things. I'm glad I'm not reading the series when it was first published. It's nice to be able to pick up the next volume when volume 3 leaves you dying to know what will happen next.
Sam Sills
May 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I read all 9 plus the prequel to my son when he was younger. The added color, the amazing artwork, and engrossing story sucked us both into Bone's world. A great set of books with many fond memories for me and from the story itself. Years later, when my son learned to read, he was picking the books up again and again to re-experience this awesome story. READ IT! :)
Utkarsh Bansal
Dec 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Those looking for a very, very light read
Recommended to Utkarsh by: Asis Mansingh
Shelves: comics
This is the first volume where I feel like I actually care about the outcome of this adventure. So far it was just humor, but this added stakes to it without compromising the laughs much. I do hope certain elements that seem to be heading towards fantasy cliches end up not doing that.
7709joselyn
Oct 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
  • Usagi Yojimbo, Vol. 2: Samurai (Usagi Yojimbo, #2)
  • Owly, Vol. 4:  A Time to Be Brave (Owly, #4)
  • Korgi, Book 1: Sprouting Wings
  • The Cloud Searchers (Amulet, #3)
  • Mouse Guard: Legends of the Guard, Vol. 1 (Mouse Guard)
  • And Then There Were Gnomes: Book 2
  • Rock Star (Babymouse, #4)
Librarian Note: There is more than one author in the GoodReads database with this name. See other authors with similar names.

Born and raised in the American mid-west, Jeff Smith learned about cartooning from comic strips, comic books, and watching animation on TV. In 1991, he launched a company called Cartoon Books to publish his comic book BONE, a comedy/adventure about three lost cousins from B
More about Jeff Smith

Bone (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Rose (Bone, #0)
  • Bone, Vol, 1: Out from Boneville (Bone, #1)
  • Bone, Vol. 2: The Great Cow Race (Bone, #2)
  • Bone, Vol. 4: The Dragonslayer (Bone, #4)
  • Bone, Vol. 5: Rock Jaw Master of the Eastern Border (Bone, #5)
  • Bone, Vol. 6: Old Man's Cave (Bone, #6)
  • Bone, Vol. 7: Ghost Circles (Bone, #7)
  • Bone, Vol. 8: Treasure Hunters (Bone, #8)
  • Bone, Vol. 9: Crown of Horns (Bone #9)
  • Bone: Coda

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Childhood's End
  • The Mirror
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Voyage to Magical North (The Accidental Pirates)
    $5.67 $2.99
  • Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Swords and Deviltry (Lankhmar, 1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Garden of Stones (Echoes of Empire, #1)
  • Dracula [Kindle in Motion]
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Stinger
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Extracted (Extracted Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Spirit Hunters
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Brilliance (Brilliance Saga, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Better World (Brilliance Saga, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • The Siren
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die #1)
  • Ocean of Storms
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Sword of Shannara Trilogy (Shannara, #1-3)
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Artful
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chains of Command (Frontlines, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Altered Carbon (Takeshi Kovacs, #1)
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Kull: Exile of Atlantis
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Oryx and Crake (MaddAddam, #1)
  • Gears of War  Aspho Fields
  • Star Wars: Darth Plagueis
    $7.99 $1.99
  • You Suck (A Love Story, #2)
  • The Chocolate Touch
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Mama Day
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
  • Infinite
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Boundary Lines (Boundary Magic, #2)
  • The Mermaid's Sister
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Born (Boundary Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Warded Man (Demon Cycle, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Blood Kissed (Lizzie Grace, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • Celia and the Fairies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • The Last One
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunter's Trail (Scarlett Bernard, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Abyss Beyond Dreams (Commonwealth: Chronicle of the Fallers, #1)
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Ticker
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)