Start by marking “Seven Spunky Monkeys” as Want to Read:
Seven Spunky Monkeys

Seven Spunky Monkeys

3.56  ·  Rating details ·  62 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Monkey mischief abounds in this companion book to One Monkey Too Many. On Sunday, seven spunky monkeys are best friends. On Monday, only six monkeys are left. On Tuesday, five! What's happening to all the monkeys? Are they catching the love bug?

Count down through the days of the week with these funky monkeys--who ultimately learn that when it comes to friends and family, t
Published September 1st 2005 by HMH Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Seven Spunky Monkeys, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seven Spunky Monkeys

Cyan Gaeta
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was adorable, I did not know what to think of this book because I chose it for a class but I really liked it. The reason why I liked this book so much is because it has so many elements in it like counting backwards, learning week days and the topic of families and love. It was done very well and the pictures were just super cute, I will for sure be getting myself I copy of this book!
Rosa Cline
Jul 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was such a wonderful rhyming fun story to read out loud or to have a child read on their own. It's labeled for K-2nd grade; but it does have a few "name calling" in it to make the rhyme so some may not want their PreK or K walking around calling someone 'dumb' or "silly simians". But it is such a cute book.

On top of the wonderful illustrations it teaches friendships; and also days of the week and counting. Starts with Seven Monkeys on Sunday; the six on Monday, five on Tuesday etc. All the
Brittiny
May 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Seven Spunky Monkeys by Jackie French Koller fits under the traditional tale. This story is about how a group of monkeys go out and each one is lost like in the original version. But this time they are lost do to falling in love. I loved this book because it was colorful, upbeat, fun, and a new twist on a cliche tale. If I was to use this to teach, I would point out the placement of the words. The words are in spots that they stick out to the reader, but not in spots where it is annoying to have ...more
Shelli
Apr 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Seven Spunky Monkeys one by one get struck by the sting of cupid’s arrow. Each of the remaining monkeys swear that they will not turn into love sick fools, alas it seems inevitable that we will all find that perfect someone and settle down. Monkeys are no exception.
A fun read aloud to share that is guaranteed a few giggles. Lynn Munsinger did a fabulous job as always with the illustrations greatly adding to Jackie French Kollers entertaining silly story.
Beth
Sep 17, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids
Now here is a children's book you can sink your teeth into.
I want to read this every day, in bed, after a bath... each day of the week.
I want to read Spunky Monkeys at home alone on a Saturday night.
The pictures are lovely and keep even the most wander some 3yr old involved and the rhyme and context of monkeys finding love is sooooooo cute. Yay
Karen
Feb 13, 2014 rated it liked it
My five-year-old son checked this book out from the library this week. He was a bit disappointed.

He was not necessarily disappointed by the monkey hook-ups, although I thought that was a bit odd in a children's picture book. He was more disappointed by the choppy rhyme and the lack of a story.

Actual rating: 2.5 stars, but I round up.
mindi
the kids loved the rhyming flow of the book. i thought all the monkeys getting married and having babies was a little strange. i mean, i guess that's what we do, but i was under the impression that these were school age monkeys! :D
Jen
Jul 14, 2012 rated it liked it
They start out as seven spunky monkeys and each day, the numbers get lower. What is going on with these monekys? Where are they going? As we find out in the end, it seems they've all caught the love bug! The rhyming is fun for the kids to listen to.
Kristina
Dec 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fun, silly, animals
Katie
Nov 06, 2007 added it
Shelves: used-at-work
I read this book to kindergarteners during the week when they are learning the letter S in class. It's entertaining, with interesting illustrations that the children will enjoy looking at. It's told in rhyme, so the cadance makes for an engaging read-aloud.
Marie
May 16, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Kellen and I loved the pictures in this book! He laughed and laughed. :)
Melissa
Jun 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Fun read with your mini monkeys.
Tricia
Dec 28, 2007 rated it it was ok
Cute pictures. A bit disturbing that the monkeys keep hooking up. Not sure I would read aloud to group due to parental grumbles. Viv thought it was funny. Counting aspect appealed to her.
Laneika Cason
Aug 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
PB4. Remind me of the 5 little monkeys jumping on the bed but with a lot more adventure. Instead of jumping on the bed, these monkeys were out and about having fun.
Tina
Jul 26, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: for-kids
This was an okay book, but not really great. Everyone should read it, but it's definitely a library rental.
Alamoliz
Aug 01, 2008 rated it it was ok
Too much romance for most of my younger listeners.
Emily S.
Sep 18, 2015
Maximus
Sep 08, 2009
« previous 1 3 next »
Jackie French Koller (born 1948) is an American author of picture books, chapter books, and novels for children and young adults. She lives and writes in western Massachusetts.

Koller is also an accomplished painter. Her interest in art inspired her to open The Little Black Dog Gallery in Westfield, Massachusetts.

Koller's young-adult novel If I Had One Wish was adapted into a Disney Channel Origina
More about Jackie French Koller...