Start by marking “Face-Off (Harlequin Blaze)” as Want to Read:
Face-Off (Harlequin Blaze)

Face-Off (Encounters #15)

3.76  ·  Rating details ·  383 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
These three couples are skating on thin ice!

Ice Time

Newly retired NHL hockey player Jarrad McBride's life seems permanently sidelined. But maybe sexy schoolteacher Sierra Janssen is just the woman o get him back in play....

In The Sin Bin

Samantha McBride was good and over firefighter Greg Olsen. But when an unexpected reunion sends lust crackling between them, it's clea

Published (first published February 9th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Face-Off, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Face-Off

Auntee
Feb 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of sports romance
I loved this 3 story sports romance centering on the hockey-playing McBride family. It was well written, fast paced, had just enough detail, and some sweet heat in all three stories.

Ice Time features newly retired 35 year-old, ruggedly handsome NHL star Jarrad McBride. Due to an on-ice body check that rattled his brains and left him with no peripheral vision, Jarrad was forced to give up the sport he loved and wasn't yet ready to leave. Recently divorced from a high-profile swimsuit model and fe
Karen
Jul 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, sport
Three novellas centred around hockey & the McBride siblings. Relationships developed or redeveloped at speed.

First both burned & wary, No. 2 second chance and last a little professional snobbery & a young woman starting to rebel, craving a personal life.

They are heartwarming, sweet, show humour & vulnerability while describing slamming bodys intwined.

Great light read.
Dee
Sep 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Read in "Game On" box set.

Two-haiku review:

Vancouver setting
Three siblings, three novellas
Hockey related

Three great short stories
Thought I wouldn't like this one
But I did, a lot
Kimberly
Aug 24, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: own
I was a little disappointed in this one. Glossing over the one time, Woobie Contemporary Author crown endangering use of the word "turgid" (it has multiple meanings, none of them sexy, please stop using it), the stories in this anthology were too short to get to know the characters enough to really care. On top of that the tension is resolved before it has time to build. I would have rather have coughed up money for three separate books and got the whole story.

As always in Nancy Warren books, I
Christine
3 short stories involving siblings.

1st story involved a pro hockey player who suffered a career ending injury and is now at loose ends, not sure what he wants to do.

2nd story is the sister to the hockey player. She is a lawyer who had a huge misunderstanding with her high school boyfriend before leaving for college. He is a cop and plays on a local hockey team. She has to decide if she wants to revisit the past.

3rd story is the youngest brother who has been trying to break into the NHL. In order
Mombo
I always applaud the Harlequin writers who write a great story in 224 pages or less so it's amazing to me that NW can write three great stories in an anthology of the same length!

My favourite story was Jarrad's in Ice Time as he hooks up with the simple but smart and sexy schoolteacher Sierra. In continuity stories you may sometimes need a memory jog to remember who's who but because the McBride sibling stories are all in one anthology, you have no problems keeping track.

All three stories were
Ann Lorz
Mar 02, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series
Let see this book has two hockey players and a cop. Do I need to say more? I've alway enjoy Nancy Warrens book and this is no different. The only complaint I have is that each story was to short. I needed more. I would have to say that my favorite of the three stories was Ice Time, Jarrad and Sierra's story. Not to say the others weren't good but you know how it is when you read trilogies there's always one that's your favorite.
Natalija
Feb 28, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: category
Despite my obvious love for "Harlequin Romance" line, sometimes I'm in need of more sensuous read. Something where women make bold moves and men are more rough around the edges. "Blaze" has it all and even more.
"Face-Off" was the perfect combination of romance, humor & sensuality. The characters were amazing! You gotta love hot, hunky & larger that life hockey players and their petite women. I highly recommend this wonderful 3-stories-in-one book featuring 3 McBride siblings.
Dawn ♥ romance
Three fun hockey stories about siblings and although they were each short and steamy I still felt the romance in all of them. 1) Jarrad newly retired from NHL notices Sierra in the rink barely able to skate. 2) Samantha never really got over her childhood love for Greg. 3) Figure skater Becky is paired with NHL rookie Taylor for charity event.
Gail
A trio of novellas about siblings connected with hockey. Two brothers in the NHL and their knowledgeable sister, whose old high school flame is a cop who plays hockey. The conflict is minimal, since there's not a lot of room for conflict resolution, and the relationships heat up quickly since this Is a Blaze, after all. It was an enjoyable read.
  • Her Man Advantage (Double Overtime, #2)
  • The Rebel
  • Hotshot \ Going for It (Uniformly Hot! #20)
  • Boys of Summer
  • Time Out
  • Hard and Fast
  • SEALed with a Kiss (Harlequin Blaze, #589)
  • Northern Exposure
  • Night Maneuvers
  • Her Last Line of Defense (Uniformly Hot!, #9)
  • Able-Bodied (Harlequin Blaze #451) (Uniformly Hot!, #2)
  • Body Check
Nancy Warren is the USA Today bestselling author of more than fifty novels.

She’s known for writing funny, sexy and suspenseful tales. She calls Vancouver, Canada home though she tends to wander. She’s an avid hiker, animal lover, wine drinker and chocolate fiend. Favorite moments in her career include being featured on the front page of the New York Times when she launched Harlequin’s NASCAR seri
More about Nancy Warren...

Encounters (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • One Wild Wedding Night (Santori Stories, #6)
  • Undressed (Harlequin Blaze, #473)
  • Sliding into Home (Harlequin Blaze, #486)
  • Texas Heat (Harlequin Blaze, #491)
  • Seduction by the Book
  • More Blazing Bedtime Stories
  • Sexy Ms. Takes (Harlequin Blaze, #516)
  • His Little Black Book
  • Just Fooling Around: Darcy's Dark Day/Reg's Rescue\Cam's Catastrophe/Devon's Dilemma (Harlequin Blaze, #531)
  • 3 Seductions and a Wedding