Start by marking “Click” as Want to Read:
Click

Click

3.66  ·  Rating details ·  140 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Intelligent fiction for the mentally unhinged. Click is urban grit of the highest order - a first person romp through the unreality of an unnamed metropolis in which the protagonist is stalked by his inner demons while half-heartedly trying to save the world. Fun and excitement for the whole dysfuntional family, Click is not to be missed. Plot Summary - Click's hero is exp ...more
Published March 1st 2006 by Another Sky Press

To ask other readers questions about Click, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Click

Donald Armfield
Oct 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The story of a nameless man. Lonely, bored with life and his only friend a girl who he hates but loves. In the morning a Russian roulette game is played instead of breakfast.

When things go wrong it seems to "click" away to awake somewhere else or doing something that makes no sense.

Is it really a power that he can just "click" and make things better. An hallucinogenic ride in the mind of a man with suicidal tendencies a skinny girlfriend and a memory of what just happen really didn't or did it?
Keisha
Aug 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This stream of consciousness is my favorite novel of all time. The vivid imagery, picasso-esque take on perspective, and emotional punch Young packs into his writing set a bar I look to meet in everything I write. However, like Ginsberg's writing, it's not a piece meant for less open minds.
Katie
Jan 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing
takes you on a ride spins you around and spits you back out!
amazing and inspiring
Dec 23, 2007 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dark, autographed, own
I loved it. Edgy and smart. Cheers to Kristopher Young. :)
Chairness
Jan 04, 2012 rated it liked it
Stream of consciousness that sends you reeling through the confines of a mind of a man who you are never entirely certain of. What at first seems like the ramblings of a paranoid schizophrenic becomes more than just delusions of grandeur at work. By the end it starts to get a little heavy handed message wise, but you definitely fly through it in its entirety eager to figure out what on earth is going on. A great and interesting read, but some artistic choices, particularly moments at the end, se ...more
Matt Bayes
Jul 15, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, sci-fic, strange
Very original plot and I love the way things are described by the nameless main character....I don't think any one in this book has a name. The points bough up are creative yet we all can understand and ponder about. My only problem is the beginning is very long than it kicks into high gear for the end. Kind of seems like the end was rushed. Still a good ending was just wishing the book could have longer. Final thoughts a good and different book I think many will enjoy......if they can find a co ...more
Gypsysoul_
Jan 09, 2013 rated it it was ok
This is the second time I've picked up this book to read. I'm not sure if I don't have the attention span to read it, or if I'm just as neurotic as the character and can't focus. I really hate to abandon the book (I've read books I HATED on sheer principle of giving it a chance.) But I'm going to have to put this one down for a while and try again later. Too many other books calling me right now.
Leah
Jul 03, 2012 rated it it was ok
I'm just not a fan. I see what he was doing here and it's endearing but I'm just not excited about this read. :/ Every book is still worth reading though :). Good quote? "reincarnation is misleading-it's not about my next life, but the moment this moment leads into, my future self, my tomorrow self."
Aaron
Dec 25, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
It's the literary equivalent to free jazz. While there is a plan all along, the reader is taken along for a ride into the mind of the nameless protagonist.

There are narrative threads along the way that help it all make sense in the end. A great, inspiring, fresh, and unique read.
doramaar717
Mar 10, 2008 rated it really liked it
It's always nice to read a locally written novel... a quick read and a disturbing view into nightmare/reality/I don't know what. Not for those who are stuck to capitalization or can't handle freely flowing meditations.
Edward Rathke
Oct 21, 2011 rated it did not like it
I think this is a book that seventeen year old me would've loved. Unfortunately, I read it as twenty four year old me and just couldn't stick with it.

The language is snappy and strong, but it just never managed to interest me beyond that.
kaleb quast
Jan 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Amazing.
Victoria
Sep 01, 2010 rated it liked it
Smart, grisly.
Oct 18, 2010 rated it really liked it
an interesting read. i loved the ambiguity in this novel, and zombie apocalypse sidebar FTW!!!
Holly
Jun 25, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
pretty cool, i had some notes going back and forth with the author - he sent me a signed copy!
Kaleb
Apr 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant blend of metal instability and delusions.
Glenn
Mar 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
Smart and gritty psychological plot that puts the reader in the mind of a paranoid schizophrenic. What's real and what's not? You decide.
Justin Spaulding

• The Falls (P.S.)
    $8.74 $1.99
  • Broken Pieces
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love Held Captive (A Lone Star Hero's Love Story)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Girl Who Came Home
    $11.99 $1.99
  • When Jesus Wept (The Jerusalem Chronicles, #1)
  • In the Name of the Family
  • A Map of the World
    $14.99 $2.99
  • Chemistry Lessons
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)