Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read.
Start by marking “The Power Is Within You” as Want to Read:
The Power Is Within You
Enlarge cover
Rate this book
Clear rating
Open Preview

The Power Is Within You

4.25  ·  Rating details ·  2,263 Ratings  ·  152 Reviews

In The Power Is Within You, Louise L. Hay expands her philosophies of loving the self through:

 

-               learning to listen and trust the inner voice;

 

-               loving the child within;

 

-               letting our true feelings out;

 

-               the responsibility of parenting;

 

-               releasing our fears about growing older;

 

-               allowing

...more
ebook, 0 pages
Published December 1st 1991 by Hay House, Inc. (first published January 1st 1991)
More Details... edit details

Friend Reviews

To see what your friends thought of this book, please sign up.

Reader Q&A

To ask other readers questions about The Power Is Within You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Power Is Within You

This book is not yet featured on Listopia. Add this book to your favorite list »

Community Reviews

(showing 1-30)
filter  |  sort: default (?)  |  Rating Details
Khenpo Gurudas
Without question, this is one of the most indispensable books for anyone interested in reclaiming the control over their lives. Like most of her works, Louise brings her clarity, wisdom and consciousness to the reader in a way that makes New Thought accessible and relevant, regardless of one's path, background or spiritual heritage.

Her pragmatic insights, anecdotes and recommendations have been a soource of inspiration and healing for me, and for hundreds of my students.

I've given away dozens of
...more
Debbie
Jul 13, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have learned so far so much about myself and my responses or non-responses to the past pain in my life - if you are experiencing depression, addiction, or grieving the loss of a loved-one, this is a book worth reading.
لميس محمد
القوة في داخلك

عنوان جذّاب جداً و كذلك المحتوى

كتاب جيّد به كميّة إيجابيه و معلومات كثيره
إلا أنني أصابني الملل في بعض أجزاءه
لكنني أنصح بقراءته جداً ..

التقييم الفعلي 3 نجمات ونصف ..
Lulu Lulu
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
أنا اعيش في عالم الامكانيات اللامتناهية،أجد الخير اينما اكون
كتاب رووووووعه انصح الكل بقرائته
بل أن يصبح منهج تربوي
Maria Naydenova
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book has given me strength in my life more times than I wish to admit. This time is no different.

This is one of those books that you have to reread periodically in certain stages of your life, just to remind yourself how strong you are and that nothing can actually take you down or make you feel down, despite you - yourself!

I truly believe in the amazing power of positive thinking, although I have to admit, sometimes in life it's just easier to stick to the bad. I'm so glad Louise wrote th
...more
Naji Albarri
مقدمة الكتاب تُعطي مُرونة في تقبل ما يحتويه أو نقده أو حتى رفضه..
الكتاب على بساطته وعدم عمقه إلا أنه إضافة جيدة لمن يبحث عن فتح الطرق المؤدية إلى ذاته.
يحتوي على نصائح وتعليمات لا يصعب تطبيقها أو الأخذ بها.
قد تكون بعض الفقرات لهجتها سلبية تجاه الأهل، وقد يكون ذلك مستقهما من الكاتبة.. خصوصاً أنها أشارت مراراً وتكراراً لما عانت منه في طفولتها، ولكنها لم تكن سوى كلمات أتت في السياق لا تؤثر على هدف الكتاب ولا تُجبر القارىء أن يقبلها ويعممها.
اضافة جيدة للقارئين في مجال التنمية الذاتية والتنمية البشري
...more
أسماء | ASMA
منذ فترة قصيرة كنت أسأل كل من يقابلني واشعر بأريحية في الحديث معه ، كيف تنفس عن غضبك ؟
وبما أني من الناس الذين يكبتون غضبهم لم أَجِد إجابة مناسبة لديهم .. لكن في هذا الكتاب وجدت ما أبحث عنه.

رائعة لويز هاي وكأني كنت في محادثة خفيفة معها ونحن نتمشى في حديقة خضراء
اعطتني الفكرة المناسبة التي احتجها من خلال عينيها الوردية للحياة ، طبعا وافقتها في أمور .. وأنكرت عليها أمور أخرى
لكن بالأخير استمتعت جدا معها.
حنين نادر
Sep 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
أقرّ أنّ أفكارها -كما وَصفَتها في ملخص الكتاب- شافية، رسّخت فيّ معاني الحبّ والعطاء اللامحدود وقدرة الإنسان على التغيّر إلى النحو الذي يطمح مهما كان ماضيه، ومهما مرّ بظروف قاسية.
أزعجتني الأخطاء الإملائية وأخطاء الطباعة الكثيرة، لو أُعيدت ترجمة الكتاب بعيداً عن الترجمة الحرفية التي قرأتها؛ لصار أكثر تشويقاً ولكانت الأفكار أكثر ارتباطاً وتسلسلاً.
Sonia
Apr 24, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Con el 8% de este libro, algo más de 20 páginas, he tenido suficiente para descubrir que se trataba de una sarta de tonterías sin sentido.
La autora hace gala de una diarrea vocal que la lleva a escribir sin orden ni concierto, pasando de un tema a otro, para dejarnos un batiburrillo de ideas deslavazadas de lo que ella debe entender como el sentido de la vida. Escarbando entre tanta frase desordenada se puede llegar a la conclusión de que lo que Louise L. Hay nos quiere vender es lo siguiente:
To
...more
Hitessh Panchal
Okay, There are many good tips and many good Affirmations, But one thing that put me off was citing examples about 'Cancer' after every few pages.

If Louise Hay is a believer that , whatever we read, see , and think about is what we attract, this book is going to make many readers cancer prone.

If you can just ignore all those pages that have references to cancer , this is a good book. The Last Few Pages are very well written , especially , the Appendix, where there is a summary of every chapter
...more
Amal
Aug 26, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
من أجمل افتتاحيات الكتب و هي أكثر ما حمسني لاكماله

الكاتبة كانت صادقة جدا في سرد تجربتها و تعلمها لهذه الأساليب التي أوردتها في الكتاب

لم يكن كتابا يغمره التفاؤل بل كان للحزن و للخيبة جزءا كبيرمنه و مع هذا كان لطيفا و إن لم يقدم لي الكثير.
Sandra
A good friend of mine told me about this book, so I knew more-or-less what to expect. I was vaguely familiar with the idea of affirmations and Louise Hay's methods. I have to say there were portions of this book that seemed a bit far-fetched (e.g. the idea about incarnation), but I decided that I would suspend my disbelief and just let it speak to me in its own way, in its own words. The idea about loving ourselves and garnering the power that is deep within us is not entirely unfamiliar, but th ...more
Angela
I like the person who is Louise Hay. She is a fantastic public speaker, charismatic and relatable, warm and strong. After having listened to one of her CD's my granny lent me this book. Perhaps my expectation was too far removed but I thought the whole thing fluffy and somewhat tiresome to get through. She writes as she speaks, which is fine but not what I was searching for at that particular time.

Her principals are idealistic. A more helpful starting point would be to embrace the negative as we
...more
L chemical
قرأت الكتاب باللغه العربيه ، وجدت فيه بعض النرجسيه ، ولكن هذا لا ينافي اُسلوب الكاتبه الرائع في إيصال فكره حب الذات ، لم تكن ماده الكتاب جافه ، شعرت ان ماده الكتاب مكررة ربما بسبب قرائتي لكتب الدكتور ابراهيم الفقي التي تجعل الشخص واثقا بنفسه و لا يحتاج الى نصيحه في حب ذاته ، أصنف هذا الكتاب ضمن الكتب التي قد تنفع لمن هم في بدايه مسيره القراءة ، ثلاث نجمات. ، اثنتان للرائعه لويس ل هاي ، و الثالثه لاقكارها و قوتها في تخطي عقبات حياتها( السرطان و الاعتداء الجنسي)
كل الحب ❤
...more
Karen
Nov 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I personally found this book to be very inspirational, it has made me realise how unique, beautiful and powerful we really are. To sum it up, by the end of the book, I felt like the world was my oyster. It is the sort of book that I would read again in the future - and still get something from it.
Maja
The power is within you is like cleaning for the soul.
Even if you don't like or agree with everything she does or thinks, you'll still be touched. I wish everyone would take a day and read this book. You feel positive energy while you reading it.
Leehan
Dec 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
What i like about Louise Hay books are its simplicity writings and personal feelings i get reading them. I have read " How to Heal Your Life" prior to this and i feel that this book is an extension or a supplement reading to it. I have enjoyed it and i hope you do to.
Séverine
Dec 02, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who have no problem with the New Thought movement
While I enjoyed some of the ideas of Louise Hay, others were a bit strange to me (probably because the author is a member or follower of Religious Science). I still took away some good advice from the book.
Huda  Aldaqqaq
the biggest inspiration is here!
I feel really relaxed when I read it!

I liked it all!
Nada
Jul 04, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
الكتاب جيد عجبني كم جزء منه ولكن لا يعجبني أسلوب لويز هاي في معالجة النفس من الوقوف أمام المرايا وغيرها لا اعتبره أسلوب معالجه وكذلك تكرارها المستمر للكلام
Kelly
Feb 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book went hand in hand with Anatomy of the Spirit. You will begin to evaluate your thought processes, and begin to be nicer to yourself.
TheGirlWithTheHeartShapedGlasses
It was the first book ive read after ages.So it took bit longer to get it and feel it truly.I had misunderstandings and confusion i dont know why because of the translation problems or i couldnt comprehend.This is why this kind of books should be read twice.I love the parts that saying;

1.Look at the mirror and say "I love you" to yourself.
2.Listen more.
3.Realize your strenght parts and enhance it.
4.Don't use negative words,swears.
5.Be thankful to the things you dont like so that there will be so
...more
Razvan Danc
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Despre Louise Hay am auzit acum foarte mult timp și în scurtă vreme am început să îi citesc cărțile. Am început cu „Poți să-ți vindeci viața”, am continuat cu „Iubește-te pe tine însuți și vindecă-ți viața”, iar de curând am ajuns la o carte pe care o consider o comoară informațională: Puterea este în interiorul tău.

De la prima carte, mi-am dat seama că am ce învăța de la Louise pentru că este dovada vie a omului care a fost foarte jos (o viață plină de abuzuri sexuale care a culminat cu un can
...more
Omaimah
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
تتحدث #لويز_هاي
عن تجربتها في التشافي من مرض السرطان من خلال تغيير افكارها حيث قامت بترديد العديد من العبارات والتوكيدات
.
" وعدتُ نفسي بألا انظر اليها سلبياً وان اعمل يومياً على تحسينها وتغييرها الى الافضل "
.
كل صفحه من صفحات الكتاب تحمل نظره جمال وحب للحياه
شعرت اثناء القراءه بنوع من الهدوء والسلام
لما تحمله لويز من مشاعر ظهرت بين كلماتها
.
ركزت لويز هاي على طرق حب الذات وفهمها وتقبلها
تكلمت ايضاً عن طرق للتعامل مع المشاعر السلبيه مثل الغضب والكره والخوف وكبت المشاعر وعلاقته بالاكتئاب
خُتم الكتاب
...more
Pamela Fernandes
This book reinforces a person with self belief. The "I can" mentality. The book doesn't tout any religion but does say there is a higher power. What you call it is up.to you. Because of the author's own experience with abuse, she'd quite understanding of issues from childhood and it spurs her to drive this concept of inner child within each of us. She also defines success and I liked the part where she talks about growing older and aging gracefully. If you need a boost in self esteem, then this ...more
Amanda
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I could have highlighted this entire book. This book came to me at the perfect time for me to read it. Great read, uplifting and filled with truth. This is a book I could see myself reading again. Definitely recommend this one for self help, affirmations, and truth that you should know too. Loving yourself is probably one of the most important things you can do, not just for yourself, but for everyone else too.
Sharriette
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is so good, you can read it in a day. It will take all day, yet it can be done. It's hard to believe this book was written more than 25 years ago. It's so relevant for today. As a warning, I will say it is not for those who are not rooted and grounded in their faith. If I were not the Christ follower I am, it would have been difficult to receive the fresh perspective I got from this book. Sometimes, we need guidance on doing things a better way.
Christina
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent, positive, inspiring, motivational book. If you don't have time to read, listen to it. It will motivate and inspire to make positive lasting changes because it is easy. One step at a time and don't block your own progress or healing.

Give it a whirl. It's pretty much like the 101 Power thoughts...

Love love love it. I listen to it in the car, house, kitchen, garden, while relaxing, even while working.

Nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Dilyana Georgieva
С Луиз Хей не говорим точно на един език, но въпреки че на места ми е малко наивна (трябва да се има предвид и времето, по което е писана книгата), и това й четиво провокира в мен много и ценни мисли и разбирания. Препоръчвам я като за навлизане в жанра, все пак неслучайно Хей се е превърнала в кажи-речи класически автор.
Fadwa!
نجمتان ونصف! :)
أكثر ما أعجبني في الكتاب هو موضوع حبّ الّذات والحثّ عليه ..
وأنا أؤيد ذلك ..
علينا أن نتعلم حبّ أنفسنا مع أننا نعيش في مجتمع ينظر لهذا الأمر نظرة سلبية!
أساس كل توازن نفسيّ هو حب الذات وتقديرها والدأب على تطويرها
لم أحب التكرار الكثير في الكتاب ..
وأحياناً شعرت أنه يوجد مثالية مبالغ فيها
ولكن في مجمله جيّد جداً.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 next »
There are no discussion topics on this book yet. Be the first to start one »
  • The Gift of Our Compulsions: A Revolutionary Approach to Self-Acceptance and Healing
  • A Deep Breath of Life
  • Soul Love: Awakening Your Heart Centers (Soul Life, #1)
  • Defy Gravity: Healing Beyond the Bounds of Reason
  • Your Word is Your Wand: A Sequel to the Game of Life and How to Play It
  • The Inner Sky: How to Make Wiser Choices for a More Fulfilling Life
  • The Way of Liberation
  • Path of Empowerment: Pleiadian Wisdom for a World in Chaos
  • Manifest Your Destiny
  • The Lightworker's Way: Awakening Your Spirtual Power to Know and Heal
  • Power, Freedom, and Grace: Living from the Source of Lasting Happiness
  • The Vortex: Where the Law of Attraction Assembles All Cooperative Relationships
  • Jump...And Your Life Will Appear: An Inch-by-Inch Guide to Making a Major Change
  • Your Competent Child: Toward New Basic Values for the Family
  • Confidence: Finding It and Living It
  • Spiritual Liberation: Fulfilling Your Soul's Potential
74538
Louise Hay was born to a poor mother who married Hay's violent stepfather. When she was about five, she was raped by a neighbor. At fifteen she dropped out of high school without a diploma, became pregnant, and on her sixteenth birthday gave up her newborn baby girl for adoption.

She moved to Chicago, where she worked in menial jobs, before moving in 1950 to New York. At this point she changed her
...more
More about Louise L. Hay...

Share This Book

“When I talk about responsibility, I am really talking about having power. Blame is about giving away one’s power. Responsibility gives us the power to make changes in our lives. If we play the victim role, then we are using our personal power to be helpless. If we decide to accept responsibility, then we don’t waste time blaming somebody or something out there. Some people feel guilty for creating illness, or poverty, or problems. They choose to interpret responsibility as guilt. (Some members of the media like to refer to it as New Age Guilt.) These people feel guilty because they believe that they have failed in some way.” 12 likes
“Responsibility is our ability to respond to a situation. We always have a choice.” 12 likes
More quotes…