Start by marking “Arctic Blue Death: A Meg Harris Mystery” as Want to Read:
Arctic Blue Death: A Meg Harris Mystery

Arctic Blue Death: A Meg Harris Mystery (Meg Harris Mysteries #4)

3.66  ·  Rating details ·  41 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Short-listed for the 2010 Arthur Ellis Award for Best Crime Novel

The sparsely populated Arctic is no stranger to murder. The fourth in the Meg Harris series follows Meg’s adventures into the Candian Arctic as she searches for the truth about the disappearance of her father when she was a child. Many years ago, her father’s plane had gone missing in the Arctic and he was
Published October 15th 2009 by Napoleon and Co (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Arctic Blue Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Arctic Blue Death

Philip
Mar 06, 2015 rated it liked it
Different for sure and I'll review later! OK - I enjoyed reading this book but I didn't find it a quick read or that it was asking me to keep reading long past my bedtime although there were quite a few times that I had to read just one more chapter to try to find out what happens next. This book has quite a unique and interesting main plot and sub plots that are actually relevant to the story, some very interesting and well developed characters, various police officers who actually acted human ...more
Vontel
Aug 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm sorry that there are 2 books which I have not yet read in between the first one (Death's Golden Whisper) and this one, since there are obviously intervening mysteries and adventures to which there are some references. However, this one deals primarily with Inuit art, and the world of galleries and dealers, and counterfeit sculptures and prints, with related deaths and murders, with much of the story taking place in Nunavut, so it can stand alone. There is also a new story of Meg's father and ...more
Megan
Apr 25, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
So I really liked the mystery part of this book. It kept me guessing right up to the end and when revealed, it was a nice and plausible surprise. I also really liked the details of the Inuit art scene, both historic and current.

What kept my rating for this book down, and what will probably (but not definitely) keep me from reading any further in the series is the dialogue. Too many of the characters spoke the same way, stilted and unnatural, and I kept getting pulled from the book to think of o
Pamela Beason
May 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mysteries, suspense
I thoroughly enjoyed this mystery. I was a bit frustrated in the beginning because the story took a long time to move to the Arctic. Once there, I would have liked to explore a bit more of the scenery and culture, too, but all in all it was a nice diversion to an unusual location for a mystery. I'm definitely going to read all of Harlick's Meg Harris mysteries.
Sharon Mensing
The setting of this book, the arctic circle, was fascinating and well described. The mystery, which involved a question of parentage and revolved around Inuit art, was complicated enough to keep the reader guessing. However, the writing -- particularly the dialog -- was so clunky that it disrupted the flow of the book.
Val Sanford
I'm fascinated by the wilderness life and sorrowed by the plight of first peoples and their struggle to retain their culture and their livelihoods. Besides, who could remain stoic about a standard poodle.
Zk
Hayden Trenholm
Apr 21, 2012
Renata
May 02, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book is based on an interesting premise -- finding out what really happened to your father after a plane crash in the North some 40 years ago. However, this book really plods through lots of detail about an art selling scheme and life in Northern Canada before it reaches an unsatisfactory ending. Neither the protagonist nor the reader actually find out what really happened to Dad.
Patricia
Mar 06, 2013
Treva
Jun 20, 2014
R.J.
Mar 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Elaine
Eve
Mar 17, 2017
Alan Duggan
Jan 13, 2013
Called "queen of Canadian wilderness fiction", R.J. Harlick writes the acclaimed Meg Harris mystery series set in the wilds of Canada with an underlying native theme. There are currently seven books in the series with the eighth, Purple Palette for Murder, due out in October 2017.

The fourth book, Arctic Blue Death, was a finalist for the Arthur Ellis Best Novel award. Silver Totem of Shame was nam
More about R.J. Harlick...

Meg Harris Mysteries (8 books)
  • Death's Golden Whisper: A Meg Harris Mystery