Start by marking “Eternal Captive (Mark of the Vampire, #3)” as Want to Read:
Eternal Captive (Mark of the Vampire, #3)

Eternal Captive

(Mark of the Vampire #3)

When Lucian is faced with his biggest fear - becoming the next breeding male - he knows his only options are imprisonment or death. But when he learns that the key to his salvation may lie in the body of the veana he's trying to forget, he's forced to choose between sanity and the destruction of the only woman he's ever loved.
Published February 7th 2012 by Piatkus Books

To ask other readers questions about Eternal Captive, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eternal Captive

Start your review of Eternal Captive (Mark of the Vampire, #3)
Liz F
Jul 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Ok, I'm saying that I would give this book 3.5 stars. I marked it as 4 because there is no 3.5 and I didn't want to mark it as a 3 because it was really great. I just had a small issue with it.

This is Book 3 in the Mark of the Vampire series by Laura Wright. This one focuses on Lucian Roman, the youngest of the Roman brothers. He is going to be the "Breeding Male". A Breeding Male is like a mindless, humping vampire in heat 24/7 from the time he goes into the change until the time he dies. Most
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
This was a good book, but the butt play ruined it for me. I find it a huge turnoff and it's completely unsexy to me. I really wish books had a warning system for that. Also the use of the c-word for female genitalia really gets to me. Those things brought my rating down. Reviewed for Bitten by Books: http://bittenbybooks.com. ...more
Michelle the Romance Witch
Sep 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: print-inventory
OH MY GODDESS what a great book... kept you on the edge of your seat the whole time... and of course made you wanna reach in the book and slap Luca SEVERAL times... thank goodness Bronwyn kept his ass in line.
Lots of fun plot twists and surprises... can't wait for the next book!
Carla-Book Monster Reviews
May 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Carla's Review:

Eternal Captive is the third book in Laura Wright's MARK OF THE VAMPIRE series and the story of Lucian Roman, the youngest of the three Roman brothers. SO much happens in this book that I can't give much detail without giving away spoilers, so I'm just going to give brief details about some events that happened and the characters.

Throughout the first two books Lucian is a crude, smart mouthed, sarcastic wise-ass that takes no crap from anyone, including his brothers. Luca does wha
Michelle Leah Olson
Eternal Captive, Mark of the Vampire Book #3
Author: Laura Wright

Synopsis: Since feeding her his blood, Lucian Roman has struggled with his obsession with Bronwyn Kettler-fighting an uncontrollable desire to kill her, if he has to, and the vampire she has sworn to wed. But when a dangerous enemy threatens Bronwyn, only Lucian can save her life. Even if it means sacrificing his own...

Our Review [by Michelle L. Olson – LITERAL ADDICTION’s Pack Alpha]:
From the moment I picked up Eternal Hunger, Mark
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
Mar 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars
Laura Wright continues her captivating paranormal romance series, Mark of the Vampire, with another sexy and thrilling addition in Eternal Captive!

Lucian Roman cannot escape his heritage, the heritage passed down from his father, of the Breeding Male. When the veana who fed from him, and somehow remained in his blood, finds her true mate his control is taken to its limit. Lucian is split; kill her, get her out of his system and spend the rest of his undead life in Mondrar, the vampire
Mel
Eternal Captive is the third book in Laura Wright's Mark of the Vampire series and was made of awesome. Lucian is by far my favorite of the Roman brothers and I couldn't wait to devour his story. His snarky, I don't give a frak attitude just totally does it for me. Him being an incredibly sexy and funny vampire certainly doesn't hurt. *sinister grin*

Knowing that Lucian would turn into the Breeding Male, I was concerned how he would ultimately end up with his mate. Breeding Male's aren't suppose
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under The Covers

Lucian, the rebel. Lucian, the don't-have-a-care badass. Lucian, the next in line Breeding Male. He carries the gene that will likely turn him into the Breeding Male, a mindless creature that will only know and want to mate with any female and impregnate them. This guarantees he will never have a mate like his brothers. And also, the transformation shouldn't be happening yet. He should've had another century to prepare.

But Bronwyn drank from him and acti
Mandapanda
Dec 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. A solid entry in the Mark of the Vampire series hampered slightly by the female character who readers have known since book 1. In this volume Lucien begins his sad descent into madness as he evolves into the 'Breeding Male'. He fights this every step of the way, aided by Bronwyn Kettler, who has been deeply attracted to Lucien ever since she tasted his blood.

Unfortunately I haven't liked Bronwyn's character much since she first appeared in book 1. In this story I found her vacillating
Lizzielvr
Feb 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
Mark of Vampire is good series, the overall story gets better with each book, which is why it’s a 4 star rating for me. With that said, I did have issues with the content of the story. I felt there was an overuse of the words from the glossary, particularly the words veana and paven. It became a bit distracting, taking away from the story. I’m also not a fan of the C word, but I knew going into this it would be used, I just didn’t expect it to be used so much :P. It is a good story, those were m ...more
Kelly
Jan 22, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book. The third installment in this series
was almost as good as the second.Absolutely love Lucian and Bronwyn. What a great couple. I did wish that there was more of the other brothers and their mates in this book, especially Nicholas and Kate. Plan on reading their story again soon. Can't wait for the next book to be released in August!!!

Lani ⚔⚔  the Destroyer ⚔⚔
4.5 stars. The best in the series yet. I loved Lucian and Bronwyn together and I think the world Laura Wright has created is original and interesting. I haven't read the novellas and I could see I was missing some things between Grey and Dillon so I need to read those before continuing with the series.
Julie
Jul 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
OMG !!!
Amazing :-)
I cried, I laughed and cheered as the fight for Luca raged.
I TOTALLY enjoyed that :-D
The ending was a little rushed. But I hope my happy ending, so I am willing to turn a blind eye.
And the ending .......
Need the next book.
Blodeuedd Finland
Oct 16, 2014 marked it as dnf
It does feel like a series where you should have read book 1 cos nothing makes sense.
Shan ~A~
I feel like Laura Wright was reading my mind when she wrote this book.

My questions about this series were answered in this book.

Could one of the vampires fall in love or have a connection to someone who doesn't wear their mark?
The answer to that would be a resounding yes. Lucian is the breeding male and thus could not have a true mate, but his connection to Bronwyn is stronger and felt more real than the ones his brothers share with their mates.

Is there a way for a breeding male not to go into
Mari (Smut Duchess)
Mar 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, audio, paranormal, ku-ru
3.75 ***

I didn't care as much for Lucian and Bronwyn. They weren't bad characters they just had baggage that seemed minor compared to what they needed to overcome in the story. This was the third story with Cruen and the vampire council as the villains. I'm getting bored by the same intrigue and wish the stories would be a bit more suspenseful. I've stuck with the series because Tavia Glibert is an excellent narrator and truly does bring the characters to life.
Adria's Musings and Reviews
Originally posted on Breath of Life Reviews

Lucian never makes things easy. I learned this about him the very first time I heard him speak in Eternal Hunger. He's cocky, stubborn and incredibly rude... But he's also smart, brave and loyal to his brothers. He takes a while to grow on you if you're not used to crude statements and what I call "smart-assery" but since I am and I love sarcasm, I took to Lucian right away. It took a bit to get around to reading his story, and the wait made the anticip
PepperP0t
In Eternal Hunger, proper credenti female Bronwyn Kettler mistakenly thought Alexander Roman was her mate. But as she needed feeding and youngest Roman brother, Lucian, fed her. Since then and despite his efforts he's desired only Bronwyn and was unaware she craved him as well. But Luca's destiny is to become the reigning breeding male and he's powerless to stop it.

At Bronwyn's age, her parents are willing to go to the Order and offer her as a sacrifice to the breeding male if her true mate doe
Jess the Romanceaholic
This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic.

Expected Release Date: February 7, 2012
Publisher: Penguin
Imprint: Signet
Author’s Website: www.laurawright.com
My Source for This Book: Library
Part of a Series: Yes, Book 3, Mark of the Vampire
Series Best Read In Order: Yes
Steam Level: Hot

I have not read the other books in this series. I actually started the first book, Eternal Hunger twice, but for some crazy reason never ended up finishing it (which I admit is ridiculo
Chris
Feb 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
**Goodreads description of Eternal Captive:Lucian Roman knows he must stay away from Bronwyn Kettler for sanity's sake. Since feeding her his blood, he can think of nothing else but possessing her—fighting an uncontrollable desire to kill her, if he has to, and the vampire she has sworn to wed.
Bronwyn, a brilliant vampire genealogist, can never escape her connection to Lucian. He sustained her when she was starving. He still rules her dreams. And when the nights get dark enough, she still crave
Visionary Druid
Jan 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
So 21% in Luca's story and wow, just wow! I've been anticipating this book since Eternal Kiss.

Lucian is everything I like in a male: sarcastic, snarky and straight up-asshole!! For those starting in on Laura's Mark of the Vampire, I really recommend they start from book one.

Luca's personality is outlined from the getgo, when we were first introduced to him. Bronwyn too is introduced in the first book - where we get insight on her personality and person. The tension between the two start there a
Desiree
Jan 09, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
I liked this book much better than I did the second in the series, however, I was so annoyed by how utterly useless was "the Order", and all the vampires' supposed powers that I couldn't fully enjoy the book.

I mean, state of the art security, such as needing to bleed on the gate to gain entrance... oh please, how easily faked is that! And all this 'flashing' here, and flashing their. Found that pretty fucking stupid too.

I also found the heroine a little frustratingly dense as well.

I don't know
Denise Strand
Feb 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
If I could give this book a 10 star rating I most definitely would!

What can I say... This book pulled me in so many emotional directions that I was left frazzled, in a good way. Luca just broke my heart, but he also made me smile, laugh and want somebody to clone him and his delishious tongue all for myself. I'm not ashamed to admit that I shed tears and then some by out right snot sobbing... It wasn't pretty!

Bron... I'm also not ashamed to admit I have a huge Girly crush on her. She's fiercely
Michelle
I loved this book for a couple of reasons.

Luca - I was so intrigued by Luca in Alex's book - I love a bad boy vamp especially when they have a sarcastic tongue. In Nicky's book we got little glimpses of him but not enough to satisfy my curiosity but by the end of this Luca is firmly cemented as my favourite Roman brother. I really felt for him on his journey, Bronwyn was a good fit for him. I'm glad she made him work for it though :)

Laura asked me yesterday who I would choose as a Mate & I told
Janne Swearengen
Sep 13, 2012 rated it liked it
Well, this started out great guns...really got into the Bron/Lucian tryst and the angst of the Breeding Male vs the good girl. But it got pretty redundant, the plot sorta loosened up, and I got less and less enthused. There is just something off-putting about using gutter language to speak to your beloved. I mean, it's not romantic music to my ears to be told how beautiful I am (which I'm not), how much I'm beloved and cherished and then hear "I can't wait to lick your c*nt". Dirty talking has a ...more
 ~*~Princess Nhya~*~
Mar 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Alright once again Ms Wright has blown me away with the Roman Brothers. Especially my baby Lucian aka Luca ;)

But I fear I must give this one just the 4 stars because although this is another suspenseful, sexy, erotic, heartfelt read, I felt the ending of this one came too quickly. Certain things were summed up way too fast for me concerning Lucian & Bronwyn.. But I love these two together. I love this series. And of course Lucian does not disappoint with his snotty, hilarious remarks. And there
t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ t'irla's Talk Book Blog
WOW!!!..Learn more about the breeding Male....this is Lucien's story and it is a must read!!! Again, we have several subplots that all fit together like a puzzle with Lucien's being the main one..but as the plot twists and turns we are seeing connections to previous books that we didn't know about earlier in the series. This book reveals a great deal more of the backstory of the race and more of how the brothers connected. We have some surprise discoveries and the furthering of some of the stori ...more
Laura Beth
Feb 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
My reading mood effected how I felt about this one so it is hard to say how good or bad this one was. I was in a poor mood, but despite that this book pulled me in and kept me reading.
Hbeebti
Mar 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: laura-wright
This was so freaking good! OMG I love Lucian! Damn that vampire is hot!! It took me a couple of chapter to remember everything from the previous books, but once I did things flowed so much better and I could not put this book down. This was the best of the 3 books by far. This series is getting better and better. And the ending? Wow, that was great. Cant wait to read the next one.
Jamie  Leigh
Feb 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: vampire
The long awaited tale of Luca, the Breeding Male. All I can say is wow. I started this book and couldn't stop reading until the end. Ms. Wright succeeds once again in grabbing you and not letting go. Poor Luca is tormented knowing his fate as a Breeding Male. The characters are not perfect by any means. This a one of my keeper series and I can't wait to the next story in the series.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Darkness Dawns (Immortal Guardians, #1)
  • Phantom Shadows (Immortal Guardians, #3)
  • A Sorceress of His Own (The Gifted Ones, #1)
  • Night Reigns (Immortal Guardians, #2)
  • Rendezvous With Yesterday (The Gifted Ones, #2)
  • Five Weeks (Seven, #3; Mageriverse #9)
  • A Bride Most Begrudging
  • Spellbound (Crossbreed, #8; Mageriverse #22)
  • An Offer From A Gentleman: The 2nd Epilogue (Bridgertons, #3.5)
  • Romancing Mister Bridgerton: The 2nd Epilogue (Bridgertons, #4.5)
  • Moonstruck (Crossbreed, #7; Mageriverse #21)
  • Fearless (Elemental, #1.5)
  • Hopcross Jilly #1-6 (Mercy Thompson)
  • Homecoming (Mercy Thompson Graphic Novel)
  • Six Months (Seven, #2; Mageriverse #8)
  • The Immortal Hunter (Argeneau #11; Rogue Hunter #2)
  • The Rogue Hunter (Argeneau #10; Rogue Hunter #1)
  • Death of Darkness  (Immortal Guardians, #9)
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author of Mark of the Vampire, Bayou Heat, Cavanaugh Brothers series, and Wicked Ink Chronicles.

Mark of the Vampire (7 books)
  • Eternal Hunger (Mark of the Vampire, #1)
  • Eternal Kiss (Mark of the Vampire, #2)
  • Eternal Beast (Mark of the Vampire, #4)
  • Eternal Demon (Mark of the Vampire, #5)
  • Eternal Sin (Mark of the Vampire, #6)
  • Eternal Storm (Mark of the Vampire, #7)

News & Interviews

“She knew in that moment what it felt like to want to own another being, declare them as yours.” 28 likes
“I feel the animal within me emerging, Princess. It’s raw and uncontained, but it wants to please you. If we wait . . .” His chin dropped, his voice too. “I cannot hurt you, do you understand?” 21 likes