Start by marking “Trouble” as Want to Read:
Trouble

Trouble

2.48  ·  Rating details ·  128 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
It's one of the most controversial stories Marvel has ever produced! When friends May and Mary take on a summer job after high school, they meet brothers Ben and Richard--and summer lovin' ensues! Prepare for sand, sun...and lots of sex! High drama, infidelity and a pregancy! Innovative work by Mark Millar and Terry Dodson!
Published June 1st 2011 by Marvel Comics (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Trouble, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trouble

Jon
Sep 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
Aunt May...you whore!
Jezire C Akin
I really liked this. Review to come.

***UPDATE***

I was browsing through my local bookstore and came across this comic. I actually didn't even read the description at the time. I just picked it up and decided that the cover looked interesting and it was only $5 so I said why the heck not. Little did I know that this is considered one of Marvel's most highly disputed stories.

The description on www.goodreads.com does not even tell the half of the story. It is
Matthew
Sep 10, 2011 rated it liked it
There was a lot of hand-wringing and anger when this series first came out a few years ago....some of it justified, mostly not. People were angry because:

1. The covers featured photos, not the usual drawings, of girls that look like teen girls acting sexy. Although I understand the criticism the photos are less racy than any fashion magazine and, really, than the art in a lot of superhero comics. Plus I think they were going for the whole Gossip Girl crowd.

2. The story features teenagers in the
Genesis
Sep 08, 2015 rated it did not like it
WTF was this shit?
Jennie Mckeon
May 12, 2017 rated it did not like it
I was warned that this was terrible, so i have no one to blame but myself. This book has all of the corny and quite frankly stupid troupes of any teen-sex comedy without any heart. It's a poorly developed plot, stupid dialogue and one of the guys looks like he was drawn to resemble Kurt Russell.
Ela Kaimo
Jan 05, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: e-books, comic-books
I was excited to see a different sort of comic book from Marvel, one that didn't have men running around in tights. Since this was written by Mark Millar of the Civil War crossover, I thought this would be just as awesome. However, I was sorely disappointed.

Trouble is an attempt at a trashy teen drama: summer flings, sex, sex, more sex, infidelity, and a pregnancy. There's really nothing original about this. The characters are so bland and boring that I felt no sympathy towards any of them. The
Breige
May 12, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
I spotted this on the shelf at my library and it intrigued me. Trouble is the story of friends Mary and May who go to work one summer in the 60s at a fancy resort for the rich. Here they meet other people their age up for fun and frolics on their time off. Mary and May get involved with brothers Richard and Ben and it’s not long til there’s plenty of sex and scandals! This book reminded me a bit of Dirty Dancing, of what the workers get up to when they want to blow off steam. While I liked the d ...more
Sabrina
Feb 10, 2017 rated it liked it
THAT PLOT TWIST. It wasn't really a plot twist. It was just unexpected.
Soutrik Maiti
Feb 05, 2012 rated it liked it
Well this series was a little different for me. I usually don't read romantic stuffs like these but this series was crazy. A must read for all those who like a little spice in life. Hey if your life is boring try reading Trouble.
Moreover the story was good. It had a good moral. I thought of doing these things as i am 18 but i will always give it a thought before getting my Johnny boy into action ;)
Mark Millar is a gifted writer. He manipulates every genre.
Dani
Dec 20, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was okay. It wasn't Kick Ass or Nemesis, but a teenage drama. It was a quick read perfect for a rainy day like today when I'm visiting family for the holidays. Will I read it again, maybe. Would I suggest it to anyone? Maybe if you want something to read fast in between a book you're waiting to get in from the library. Other than that, it was just alright.
Tamahome
May 31, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
2/5: The closest thing I can relate it to is the film Dirty Dancing. Kind of a rated PG-13 Archie comic. Very different project for Ultimates and Kickass writer Mark Millar. The Dodsons' art always looks good.

All done. I thought it was pretty good, for what it is. Millar can always push my buttons. Plus it's completely non-violent.
Maria
Jun 16, 2012 rated it did not like it
Ugh. This was a terrible graphic novel. I only bought it because Mark Millar (Kick-Ass) wrote it. The story is predictable, and I can't tell the two girls apart. Also, I don't like what it's trying to imply by naming the characters Richard, Ben, Mary and May. :-/ I already gave away my copy. :(
Karel
Dec 12, 2014 rated it liked it
Well, this exists.

It's not as terrible as people say. It has a clear story and clearly defined characters. Better than some other Spider-Man comics.

However, it's still a stupid 4 issue story about unprotected sex.
Feather Mista
Jan 11, 2011 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Veremos...
Recommended to Feather by: Autores
Shelves: pospuestos
¡Otra que arranqué, me venía gustando, pero vaya a saber uno porqué nunca terminé! Quedará como "pospuesto" hasta nuevo aviso.
Edward Linder
Nov 02, 2015 rated it did not like it
Wow. What a POS. And this is the guy who wrote Kick Ass and Wanted.
Syed Waqar
Aug 02, 2016 rated it did not like it
The mere act of reading this gave me AIDs. The horror. The sheer horror. ~my soul cringed~
Kat
Nov 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Cool art for a touching relationship story. The cast and the twist make it even better, for me :)
James Schneider
Mar 03, 2013 rated it did not like it
If only there were fewer stars to give.
Dane Jackson
Dec 15, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fiction
This felt pretty contrived. I understand what Millar was going for here, but it was boring.
Anya
Dec 19, 2012 rated it did not like it
This was awful. That is all.
Matt Piechocinski
Mar 12, 2013 rated it it was ok
There was really no point to this other than an attempt to be scandalously controversial. It didn't work.
Darcy
Mar 15, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2014
Not great, but not as bad as it could have been. But, really, Aunt May!
Michael Giuliano
Jun 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics
This is either really experimental or extremely sacreligeous, and I can't figure out which.
Jennifer Green
Larakaa
rated it it was ok
Nov 21, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Mark Millar is the New York Times best-selling writer of Wanted, the Kick-Ass series, The Secret Service, Jupiter’s Legacy, Jupiter’s Circle, Nemesis, Superior, Super Crooks, American Jesus, MPH, Starlight, and Chrononauts. Wanted, Kick-Ass, Kick-Ass 2, and The Secret Service (as Kingsman: The Secret Service) have been adapted into feature films, and Nemesis, Superior, Starlight, War Heroes, Jupit ...more
More about Mark Millar...