Start by marking “Master of the Dance (The Queen's Blade, #5)” as Want to Read:
Master of the Dance (The Queen's Blade, #5)

Master of the Dance

(The Queen's Blade #5)

Captured and condemned, the Queen’s Blade is forced to face his fate and fight a deadly duel with a Master of the Dance to survive. More treacherous Cotti princes must die and the Regent’s life is in danger. Blade’s legendary skills are tested to the extreme and his web of lies and deceit is challenged, but nothing touches the frozen heart and icy mind of a killer whose he ...more
Nook, 0 pages
Published December 21st 2010 by T C Southwell, via Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Master of the Dance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Master of the Dance

Jan 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
if you want to read a book with plenty of strong, smart female characters, this is the holy grail. chiana finally gets a spine and kerra grows up. plus, blade gets snarkier with every brush with death so that you're eventually laughing while wincing at the same time. best so far out of the series.
Keith
Jun 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a blanket review for the series as I didn’t find enough differences between the books to warrant separate reviews. The Queen’s Blade Series consists of six books, eight if you count the two prequels, that tells the story of two kingdoms torn by war. Queen Minna-Satu is determined to end the fighting that is destroying her kingdom and sets forth on the path foretold by a seer. In her quest to complete the prophecy she takes the assassin Blade into her employ and the perilous journey descr ...more
K.zsi
Feb 10, 2013 rated it it was ok
opinion about the series like a whole:
Not my type of book, altough i read all of them, coz i just had to know the end of it.
Negative: when blade got caught, and hurt, and almost die (a lot of time), and when he is rude to everyone (ALL THE TIME).
And it was quite frustrating, that the king is so incompetent, he IS the king alfter all, why can't he do something about his brothers (without the help fo Blade???), ...it was really really frustrating.
And what about Shishta, i anticipated that he wil
Lizi Clawson
Aug 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
In this book, I was captivated by a world of Assassin's where meetings were in the shadows and rumors of what happened when the Guild met made blood run cold. I loved this book because Blade's faults were apparent and clear, but his ability and self-control balanced them perfectly. Also, is there anything cooler than a knife fight with almost limitless knives? I don't think there is. Again, not to spoil this book too much, I had almost given up hope that Blade could redeem himself from being a c ...more
Mina Soare
Aug 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a minireview for the whole series, since the books are somewhat similar:

This series follows an assassin, aptly called an instrument of destiny at some point, who changes the fate of three kingdoms while finding himself in the process (mostly in the last book. It's a very slow finding of self)

Thus, awesome characters, slow plot and next to no drama(until #6). There are a lot of action scenes, quite a lot, and the protagonist gets caught and makes a daring escape in every book, sometimes e
Carolynn
Feb 15, 2015 rated it liked it
I'm only about 150 pages in (out of 498 in this ebook version), and I think Blade has been kidnapped/captured 4 times already. 3 times for sure. Maybe more than 4. I've lost count. It's almost as if Ms. Southwell ran out of plot or forgot how to move a story forward, which is unfortunate because this is a really great series, and I do recommend it as a whole. Gonna keep plugging through this one in the hopes that it somehow progresses beyond "he got captured! he's in captivity! he fights his way ...more
Ed Napiorkowski
Mar 02, 2014 rated it liked it
Enjoyable read but I found certain elements a bit repetitive. Once again our hero is brilliant, dealing out death in precise and clinical manner. And once again he is captured, suffers but ultimately escapes. A significant turning point for me in this particular volume is the Queen's Blade coming to face his mortality and emotions. The development of the relationships in his life are complex and intriguing. I do like the writing style of the author but my assessment dropped from four to my three ...more
Diane
Sep 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
It seems silly to keep repeating the same review, in essence, but I started reviewing these books because I felt bad that they had so few rankings/reviews. These books are flying well under the radar of anyone who likes this sort of epic assassin fantasy. Or, maybe people just aren't reviewing. All I can say is I am glad I picked this series up and, given the price, it is one of the best bargains i have made in reading -- in terms of price v. quality of the read -- i have made all year.
Louise Cromie
Aug 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I've read this series upwards of 50 times and every time is better than the last.

The character of Blade is very complex and in this book we learn more of that character than we have before. Chiana now understands some of what he goes through.

Yet again a brilliantly written book with complex storylines and passionate characters.
Mariana
May 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
TC Southwell has done it again. Another great book. I had developed a dislike for Chiana because I believe she is too weak for Blade. She has spent so many years knowing what Blade was like but still expected something he could not provide. I am hoping that she grows up and accepts who Blade is and his decisions instead of trying to change him.
Shandz
Jun 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
A flaw I think is when Blade is repeatedly caught, tortured and escapes prisons with multiple injuries. And ironic is, he assassinates the people in the same genetic pool and goes to recover to top shape.
Jenny Malec
Sep 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
While reading these books, I never ceased to swoon over Blade. I talked my sister's ear off about him like he was a real person. Such a wonderful series of books. He is powerful and deadly in his own right, and he totally captivated me.
Katherine
Nov 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
As a series I really like these books, the characters or the story's momentum or something about the books is really engaging, although during a re-read I have realised the author is not frugal with her use of hyperbole. The first book in the series is The Queen's Blade.
Nicole Trainor
Ehhhhhhhh.....I am getting mad at myself for continuing to hope these books will improve. They haven't. I can't roll my eyes anymore at them.
Mare
Apr 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Just when I thought Blade could finally relax... more obstacles are thrown at him! I enjoyed his adventures. I feel for him on his struggle to get his "prize" from Shamsara.
Irene
Sep 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this one more than I did the last, probably because it was longer. The story was just as good and I am eager to see whathappens next.
Heather
Geeno
Jan 15, 2012
Acop
Jan 01, 2013
  • Soul of Dragons (Demonsouled, #4)
  • The Gauntlet Thrown (Gauntlet Trilogy, #1)
  • The Star of Morcyth (The Morcyth Saga, #5)
  • Autumn Dreams
  • Sanctum's Breach (Delver Magic, #1)
  • The Candle of Distant Earth
  • The Human (War of the Seasons, #1)
  • The Battle of Verril (The Book of Deacon, #3)
  • The Realm Shift (Realm Shift Trilogy #1)
  • The Witch's Key (Tony Marcella Mysteries, #3)
T. C. Southwell was born in Sri Lanka and moved to the Seychelles when she was a baby. She spent her formative years exploring the islands – mostly alone. Naturally, her imagination flourished and she developed a keen love of other worlds. The family travelled through Europe and Africa and, after the death of her father, settled in South Africa.

T. C. Southwell has written over thirty novels, rangi

The Queen's Blade (6 books)
  • The Queen's Blade (The Queen's Blade, #1)
  • Sacrifice (The Queen's Blade, #2)
  • Invisible Assassin (The Queen's Blade, #3)
  • Sacred Knight of the Veil (The Queen's Blade, #4)
  • Lord Protector (The Queen's Blade, #6)