Start by marking “The Secret Garden” as Want to Read:
The Secret Garden

The Secret Garden

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  98 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Mary is a lonely girl with no friends. Colin is a sick boy who can't get out of bed. But everything changes when they find each other - and the magic of The Secret Garden!
Abridged, 112 pages
Published August 1st 1995 by Random House, Inc (first published August 31st 1993)

To ask other readers questions about The Secret Garden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Secret Garden

Patricia Gower
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Realistic Fiction
Tamara Batterjee
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love the garden and imagen the garden in my dreams
Dumbme cakes
Jun 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love this book i like how they find the key instead of some boring way like someone giving it to them I've loved this story since I was a kid im eleven and ive known of that movie since I was four.
but if you like this movie or book like or read this comment on it please..............................

THANKS,DumbME
miss
Feb 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
Aku suka jalan ceritanya. Sederhana tapi banyak nilai positif yang bisa diambil. Ya benar, musuh terbesar dalam hidup itu justru ada dalam diri kita sendiri. Tidak jauh-jauh. Ada dalam fikiran kita sendiri, yaitu prasangka buruk. Benarlah apa kata orang bijak, apa yang kamu fikirkan kelak itulah yang akan terjadi. So.. Be positive!
Sally
Oct 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book deserves more reviews! The Secret Garden is a true children's classic. A beautiful read that deals with themes like loss and friendship.

The characters are memorable. My personable favorite is Dickon. His cheerful personality is the perfect contrast to the troubled and (quite frankly) miserable Mary and Colin.

The Secret Garden is a magical book that shouldn't be overlooked.
Razan
Mar 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Mary, Dickon and Conil had been my childhood's favorite characters.
I'd watched the cartoon when I was 10 and read (the Arabic-version book of 400 pages) when I was eight.

It brings the joyful memories back and the excitement I read it with this time, was as much as that when I was a child.
Laura Ellison
Such a great story which really shows the power of positive and negative thinking.
Christina
Jan 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-wesley
Wesley read a shorter version for which I cannot find the ISBN.
Craig
Jul 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the abridged version (so shorter than the original) But delightfully done with wonderful illustrations. An uplifting story of kindness that dwells in each of us, if we listen closely enough.
Jewels
Dec 07, 2017
Caty
Aug 26, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »

James Howe has written more than eighty books in the thirty-plus years he's been writing for young readers. It sometimes confuses people that the author of the humorous Bunnicula series also wrote the dark young adult novel, The Watcher, or such beginning reader series as Pi
More about James Howe