Start by marking “Darkest at Dawn (Dark #11.5-12)” as Want to Read:
Darkest at Dawn (Dark #11.5-12)

Darkest at Dawn

(Dark #11.5-12)

In one volume for the first time-a Dark novel and novella from the #1 New York Times bestselling author.

For the first time together, two of Christine Feehan's most seductive tales of savage prey and sensual predators: Dark Secret, the story of a vampire hunter on the scent of a human female; and Dark Hunger, which tells of a caged Carpathian, his thirst for ven
Published November 1st 2011 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Darkest at Dawn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Darkest at Dawn

Franci
90th book of 2019.

Actual rating 3.5, rounded down.
Lynda Tatad
May 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Darkest at Dawn combines the first 2 stories (previously released in an anthology and a separate novel) featuring the De La Cruz brothers into one novel.

Dark Hunger takes place in the jungles of South America, where Juliette and her sister Jasmine are freeing wild animals held captive by scientists using them for illegal experiments. Juliette comes across a different type of captive, a man chained and drained of blood, barely alive. As she frees him, she discovers he's not what he appears to be
Alex is The Romance Fox
Book Dark Hunger Info - Juliette is a beautiful activist devoted to the liberation of animals confined in a foul and humid jungle lab. But then she stumbles upon an unexpected prisoner unlike any she's ever seen. Or touched.
Riordan De La Cruz, an immortal Carpathian male, is trapped and caged, his desire for revenge only beginning. She will release him from his bonds. He will release her from her inhibitions. Both have voracious appetites that must be sated.

I have read a
Eneida
Jun 11, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-in-2013
Donald
I'd already read the main chunk of this, and whizzed through the 'manga' version of the novella, so reading the actual words took no time at all. Usual brooding domineering Carpathian, determined heroine, tho at least here she's a shapeshifting jaguar, for a bit of variety. Plenty of 'thrusting into velvet sheaths' going on, random fight with a vampire, then some jaguar males, blah blah. One for completists only.
Nicki
Sep 03, 2013 rated it it was ok
Ugh. This reminded me why I stopped reading the Dark series several years ago. Arrogant men who bully the women into submission. Cliches galore and rather boring.
Maya
Nov 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christine-feehan
Doggammit! I didn't realize when I bought this that I have already read both of these separately. But they are still good stories so if you have not read them then this is your chance.
Alice Boni
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Christine Feehan's dark hunter series. This book contains stories about 2 of them. One of 5 brothers from South America. The first book called Dark Hunger is the story of the youngest brother Riodan. He had been captured by an ancient vampire and tortured by his followers and near death. Juliette & her sister are trying to save the lives of 3 animals that had been captured & brought to the facility. They both hated the hunters who had come into their jungle and built the facility ...more
Linda  Johnston
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Fantastic book with 2 stories first one Dark Hunger --Riordan was caught and caged in Brazil where he lives. Juliet with her cousin goes and releases the animals where they are experiencing on animals. She starts to leave but she sees a door and rescued Riordan. He realized that she is his mate but can't figure out what she is. She fights jaguar and have to be converted.
2nd is Dark Secret-- Colby Jansen was raising her half brother and half sister after her mother and step father died and
Melanie Weber
Full length novel dragged!

I love the dark Carpathian Novels but this one just grated on my nerves. Colby was just too pigheaded for my taste and although Rafael was arrogant he at least looked at his faults and tried to make better decisions. Colby just flat out couldn't help but be stubborn to the point of not looking at any alternative then what she wanted. I was hoping she would develop in the course of the book but she didn't until of course Rafael was nearly killed trying to make her happy
Jada
Mar 11, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I do not like when authors make the female so crazy and weak minded. I have disliked this behavior since I was younger in scary movies. I do not like when the character falls to the ground and nearly moves as death walks up to her.
Shyla
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
And so it continues

Colby is all country and very independent until she meets Rafael. Two more stubborn people you have ever met before. After many disagreements, discussions, and near death situations, Colby realizes how much she actually loves Rafael.
terri meyer
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed this book immensely!Uh

Feehan never fails in her story telling and this one is loaded with emotions and danger and insights to the Carpathian families
Malissa Davis
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enthralling

Didn't put it down. Emotionally charged plot. Enticing love scenes. Endearing characters. Last review i will submit because of the minimum words required.
Valerie Price
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Christine Feehan is one of my favorite author's. I have read these two books several times over the since first published.
Stephanie Plummer
Another wonderful book

I can't get enough of Christine Feehan's books. I am in love with her dark series with its not Carpathians. I'm on to the next one, I can't wait!
Samantha
Mar 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Dark Hunger: 5 stars

Taking a small break from the major vampire plot line to advance the jaguar plot line the readers learned about first in Dark Symphony, but this time with non-evil women who can shift.

The relationship happened super fast but don’t they all when it’s a novella? Riordan is so sweet and funny, I don’t know if it’s him being the youngest of five brothers or not but Rafael could use a few lessons on how to court your lifemate.

I would say that th
Lindsey Faye
Dark Hunger features Riordian and Juliette’s story while Dark Secret is Rafael and Colby’s story. Two stories for the price of one as both of these novellas were published in the Darkest at Dawn book. This story featured more ancients who Mikhail’s father, Vlad, had sent out into the world to battle vampires. There are so many more characters and lineage lines that we don’t even know about which helps make the Carpathian world even more enriching.

Dark Hunger was a really short story
Kathy Davie
Jun 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
A short and a long story in this anthology and both are from Feehan's Dark Saga series, a.k.a., Carpathians. The short story is about Riordan De La Cruz and Juliette Sangria while the longer story is about Rafael De La Cruz and Colby Jansen.

Series:
"Dark Hunger" (Dark Saga, 11.5)
Dark Secret (Dark Saga 12)

My Take
I'm pissed at this commercial attempt to get another Dark book into the hands of Feehan's fans just so she can make money and/or feed our want of another story about her Carpathians/>My/>Dark/> ...more
Jessica  `~Blahyze~`
Dark Hunger

I really couldn’t get into this novella. At the start I was enjoying it but as the story progressed I just wanted it to be over already, not that it didn’t have good moments, most of those being the steamy scenes which appealed to the smutty side of my mind. So I give this read two and a half stars.

Dark Secret

Much like the first, at the start I was sucked into the story, if Colby was going to be able to protect her family and keep her ranch safe, if she was going to be able to remai/>
Mara
Jan 20, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
1 star for the novella. Utterly cardboard characters. A non-existing romance (they see each other, he attacks her, then binds her, they shag. End of a story). Boring, borin, boring.

<2 for the novel
And the book is barely better. Romance isn't shagging until you fall in love. There's something more than chemistry, and definitely shouldn't be a drug that, when its effects end, leaves you a slave or something like that.

I skim read most of the novel, utterly bored. Th
Fairyblood
May 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book has two installments of the Carpathian Series. They are intertwined by some of the characters but are two completely different love stories.

The first is the novella "Dark Hunger" ~ Takes place in the jungles of South America. This is a hot story of passion between Juliette and Riordan both with responsibilities to their people, but come together with such passion. It isn't all fluffy and there are some very disturbing scenes, but I truly loved these two together.

Vera A Concho
Aug 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome story about Carpathian warriors

The Dr La Cruz brothers are on a continuing resolution to protect and serve the human and Carpathian population from the evil of the vampires. Rafael has met his life mate in Colby. Who just happens to be a very stubborn and independent modern woman. Ancient warrior Mets modern female and sparks fly, literally. Great story, with a continuing arc to bring in the other storylines and characters. You develop a feeling of connection with the characters and can
Chris Lewis
Dark Hunger -

Dark Secret - This book is filled with the steamy romance between life mates that you expect from the Dark series, and then it is filled with all kinds of new twists and turns. Hints of things to come. Inventive and edge of your seat battles. This is a very good read. The action is fast paced. The strength in the characters draws you into the story and leaves you wanting more in the end. An absolute must read if you are a Feehan Fan.
Emilie
Jun 04, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Dark Hunger:
This book was good, but I felt there was an incomplete ending. I felt like she left too much hanging.

Dark Secret:
This might be my least favorite book in this series. The male lead is TOO dominating and I don't like how much he takes control of the female lead's life. He leaves her no choices and it almost felt like she went too far with this one. While sort of necessary for the continuity of the series, wouldn't really recommend it.
Nancy
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: good
This was my first book by Feehan. I found both stories inside good but the second, Dark Secret, was much better. The characters in Dark Secret were stronger and there was more story there, at least that's my opinion. The one criticism I have is that she used the word "clenched" so many times I was ready to pull my hair out and scream - even He clenched. There was so much clenching going on that they had to be sore.
Shantie
Jul 01, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book

31/2 stars. Both books were okay. Colby got on my nerves. Rafael was a brute. I was so happy that Virkinoff made an appearance in this story chasing Natalya. She's going to be as bad as Colby probably.
Destiny is still my favorite heroine, followed by...
Jaxon
Raven
Shea
Francesca
Sara
Still have to read the rest
Shannon
Sep 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
See review's from Dark Secret and Hot Blooded
Lisa
Feb 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The 2 stories in this book Dark Hunger and Dark Secret were both great stories, that kept me engrossed from the beginning. It took me a little longer than usual to read these two as they are packed to the brim with a great storyline. A great read for those that like paranormal and romance together.
SJuhl4
Apr 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The includes Dark Hunger and Dark Secret. While Dark Hunger is an enjoyable read, it was not one of my favorites, but worth reading. Dark Secret is an excellent novel. I'm not sure why I enjoy it so much, but I have read it several times and always throughly enjoy the read.

• Dark Hunger
  • After Twilight (Dark, #6.5)
  • Dark Magic by Christine Feehan l Summary & Study Guide
  • Drop Dead Gorgeous (Harlequin Blaze, #390)
  • Author-2-Author #3: Christine Feehan
  • My Lord Immortality (Immortal Rogues, #3)
  • My Lord Vampire (Immortal Rogues, #1)
  • Taken by the Vampire King (Vampire Warrior Kings, #3)
  • Christmas Brides
  • Noelle
  • Yours For Eternity (MacNachton Vampires, #7; Guardians of Eternity, #7.5)
  • 22 Nights (Emperor's Brides, #2)
  • A Christmas to Remember (The Lost Lords of Pembrook #2.5)
  • The Last True Vampire (Last True Vampire, #1)
Christine Feehan is a #1 New York Times bestselling author multiple times over with her portfolio including over 70 published novels, including five series; Dark Series, Ghostwalker Series, Leopard Series, Drake Sisters Series, the Sisters of the Heart Series and Torpedo Ink. All of her series have hit the #1 spot on the New York Times bestselling list as well. Her debut novel Dark Prince received ...more

Dark (1 - 10 of 29 books)
  • Dark Prince (Dark, #1)
  • Dark Desire (Dark, #2)
  • Dark Gold (Dark, #3)
  • Dark Magic (Dark, #4)
  • Dark Challenge (Dark, #5)
  • Dark Fire (Dark, #6)
  • Dark Legend (Dark, #7)
  • Dark Guardian (Dark, #8)
  • Dark Symphony (Dark, #9)
  • Dark Melody (Dark, #10)