Start by marking “Rough Play” as Want to Read:
Rough Play

Rough Play

3.37  ·  Rating details ·  89 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
In Christina Crooks's suspenseful new novel, a woman's search for a missing friend leads her to an erotic playground of fetish and fantasy. . .
After escaping her sexually dominant husband, dating coach Charlotte is ready to play it safe. But when her client, Gail, disappears after visiting a fetish-oriented club called Subspace, Charlotte must enter the erotic underworld
Published September 1st 2011 by Kensington (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Rough Play, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rough Play

Among The Muses
Rated 4.5/5 on the blog.

Christina Crooks delivers a story packed with intense and steamy sexiness, uniqueness in both the heroine and plot, and a captivating mystery in her newest release, Rough Play. Rough Play satiates erotic/BDSM literary fans who enjoy a story with a little suspense, a whole lot of D/s and S&M, and an HEA.

Interweaving the idea of a group of sadist men who believe in, and occultly follow, the views of a Gorian society (series written by John Norman) where men are the ulti
Toni
Sep 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kensington-arcs
Welcome to the dark side of BDSM!

For awhile now I’ve enjoyed erotic romance novels set in the BDSM lifestyle. Rough Play just blew my comfort zone out of the water, but in a good way! Get ready to learn what the SM in BDSM really stands for!

Charlotte has dark passions, but is too afraid to let them out. Her ex husband destroyed her yearning to be dominated. With her past behind her, she is starting a new life as a dating coach. Problem is she has a challenging client who wants to dip her uneduca
Aimee
Aug 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011
Hot, hot, hot! It took me a bit to try and understand exactly what was going on. But when I did, it all made sense and the story really took off! Romance with plenty of mystery all the way through, this book was hard to put down until everything was solved and figured out!

By now, people know my preferred genre in erotica is BDSM. I can't get enough. There was some serious stuff in here, some that wasn't for me (blood play, maiming, the more extreme stuff, although not used to try and entice the
MissyGirl
Jul 26, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: borrowed-elg
This one was not really what I expected. There are a few reviews about how hot this book was, but I didn't feel it much. About 3 actual sex scenes total, and none of them had me glued to the pages. There was also a sci-fi element in one of the side stories, which is not my thing at all. I start reading names like Gorean, Kartane, and Ubar, and my eyes start to glaze over.

I did, however, like the 2 main characters-Charlotte and Master Martin. Charlotte has a special skill that I won't spoil for
Sharon
Sep 01, 2013 rated it it was ok
This book was just okay for me because I just felt like it was a reporting of events and very little focus on the emotions and relationships. It didn't invest my attention much at all because I didn't have time to root for characters or relationships before it was already over. I did like the characters, so it had potential but fell seriously flat for me!
♥Book♥YouVeryMuch
This book was average quality to me. In lot of places throughout the book there lacks logic in the story line.
Also at the end of the book (view spoiler) it is just unrealistic.
Christine Seybolt
Nov 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
Welcome to erotic romantic suspense author Christina Crooks world we are all just spectators. In her October 2011 ROUGH PLAY erotic romantic suspense author Christine Crook would like to welcome you into her BDSM world and warns this is not a spectator sport but expects full participation.

Finally free from her sexually dominant husband, dating coach Charlotte is read to get on with her life. She left everything behind to have a safe and calm life but it has been anything but. She once worked for
Lindy
Sep 01, 2012 rated it it was ok
Hmm. This was an interesting side of BDSM. Parts of it were much, much darker than I generally like to read, and at the same time it lacked some of the intensity I expected. Or maybe it just wasn't as hot as I expected because it didn't get my motor running like similar books have. There were times that my interest waned and I considered DNF'ing it, but somehow it managed to keep just hooked enough to finish it. Some of the raw abuse was like a nasty train wreck - I didn't like it, it was repuls ...more
Natina El
Jun 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
I learned so much from this book.. lol.. the characters were good the story line was a little far fetched witht he sci fi engrossed ex husband for my taste (it's just scary to think that there are people out there that actually fancy their lives after sci fi fiction *shivers) otherwise it was a great read. Especially liked how nobody felt too rushed to commit an "absolute morality" by getting help for the bad guy right away.
Yep this was great, wouldn't even mind a sequal or 3.. (in series junki
Lisa ILJ
Aug 14, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2012
This book was a big old hot mess. Way too many POVs, the story jumped all over the place, and I didn't find anything hot about it. In the whole book, the Main Characters are intimate exactly 3 times. The alien stuff made my brain hurt, completely distracted from the story, and was frankly stupid. I will say I added a star because I actually really liked the MCs. I think if the book had focused on them alone and the building of their relationship it would have been a much better book.
Lindsay
Aug 13, 2012 rated it liked it
Five stars for the rare but extremely hot scenes between Charlotte and Martin, the book needed a lot more of them and far less of the villain. He is a true villain, completely nuts, and entirely too much of the book was dedicated to him and his attempts to brainwash women into being his slaves. He gets one star, pulling my rating down to a three. I've read this author before and liked her work, but this was so outlandish that by the end I was skimming.
Lenore (Biblliolatry Me!)
Jan 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What can I say about this book...totally and completely HOT! I do not have a ton of experience with erotica novels but Christina Crooks has a winner here!

Read full review http://www.nocturnereads.com/Rough-Pl...
Sherri
Apr 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
This story took me by surprise! I was lost at first, then it all just came together. When a story can make you stop and think, ponder your own desires and make your heart race, it's worth reading again. Loved the ending!! Just desserts I say!!! Bravo!!
Katie
Mar 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, adult-content
Talk about hot! This book won't be for everyone.. There were some parts with the Ex-husband that were really hard for me to get through, but overall I thought it was a good book!
Paula Stone
Jan 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotica
Talk about hot! Wow... what can I say... I thought this was a really interesting book. I didn't like the ex-husband, but I guess that is why he's the "ex". Overall HOT!!!
Natasha  A.
Jul 20, 2011 marked it as dnf
Wow this is bad!
I think my eyes are permanently rolling.
I couldn't take any of it seriously.
Got about 50ish pages in.
Brent
Sep 15, 2012 rated it liked it
Lost of interesting sex!
Fay Ann Hollcroft
Dec 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book was better than what i expected it to be. I typically tolerate most villains. Not this villain! I actually HATE this villain to death!
Ttwu
Feb 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Raw Desire
  • Secretary for Two
  • Hurt Me So Good (The Connaghers #2)
  • No One But Madison
  • A Toy For Two (Le' Club d'Esclavage, #2)
  • My One
  • No Limits
  • Half Hearts
  • Becoming Sage (The Keyhole, #1)
  • Crack The Whip (Rawhide, #1)
  • Be My Everything
  • So Sensitive (Hard to Get, #1)
  • Shackled
  • A Spanking for Valentine
  • His
  • Master of the Sun
  • Prowl the Night
  • Librarian By Day
Christina Crooks is a romance author with books for sale in print, electronic and audio editions. Her novels have been published by Kensington, Samhain, Five Star/Cengage, and Books in Motion Audiobooks.
More about Christina Crooks...