Start by marking “Meet The Witnesses” as Want to Read:
Meet The Witnesses

Meet The Witnesses

John Haffert interviewed living eyewitnesses to the event which occurred on October 13, 1917. This reprint contains additional pictures, updates, information, and insights to this world-changing event. What witness would not believe in the Miracle?

Skeptical reporters were there, in force, to expose what they were sure was a fraud. Their unbiased reports amply demonstrate
Paperback
Published by 101 Foundation (first published January 28th 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Meet The Witnesses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Meet The Witnesses

Start your review of Meet The Witnesses
booklady
The same day—October 23, 2017—I expressed frustration with another author’s disinformation about Fátima, I received this book in the mail. Coincidence? It is a reprint of a 1961 book which compiles the testimony of many actual witnesses to the October 13, 1917 ‘Miracle of the Sun’ which took place in Fátima, Portugal. It also gives a brief history of the apparition, how it was handled by Bishop José da Silva, the first Bishop assigned to Fátima in 40 years. The investigation began in 1922 and ...more
Jill
Dec 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was not all that familiar with the details of the miracle of Fatima and I won't say this book provides a lot of theological insight, but as noted by other reviewers, it does deepen the believeability of the event by reporting many individuals' eyewitness accounts. Several of these witnesses were not Christians and were armed to NOT believe, but what they saw was so shocking that they converted on the spot. But this was almost 100 years ago. What's the point of Fatima today? The book does ...more
Kelly Rose
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very interesting read. I went into this book not knowing much at all about the Fatima miracle. But this miracle intrigues me immensely. I am surprised (and I must say, also disappointed) that it is not more talked about, not just among Catholics, but one wonders how the world can ignore such a phenomenon. This book however focuses more on the testimonies of the witnesses rather than the actual miracle or its message. While I enjoyed reading it, the accounts did become a bit repetitious; though I ...more
Chris
Aug 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
I picked this book off a pile that had come to us after my mother in law's passing. It's an unusual religious book, that gives a factual account of the events at Fatima on Oct.13, 1917.Through eye witness accounts, from believers and atheists, we get a description of the sun spinning toward the earth that day, in what many thought was the end of the world. There is also a description of Mary's requests and predictions.

It is a book that inspires prayer and faith.

Michael
Apr 07, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Originally published in 1961, this book relates eyewitness reports of the miracle of the sun which took place in Portugal on October 13, 1917 and was witnessed by 50-75,000 people. It has been updated with new info and I plan to buy the revised edition even though I own the older edition.
Brook
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Given to a friend by a family member, the friend wanted me to read this prior to her reading it, so I was expecting to be underwhelmed by a poorly written religious something. Instead, I was quickly intrigued by eyewitness accounts to an unexplained phenomenon of sun/colored light/crowds...all with wet clothes in mud suddenly and inexplicably all clean and dry, testimony by non believers and scientifically minded interviewers who never changed their testimony nor conflicted with each other. ...more
Monika
May 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
It adds some new testimonies to the Fatima's Sun miracle. It's an attempt to describe it from rational point of view. Considering many theories. Although, it's not very elaborated. It's rather short report.
Faith Flaherty
Jan 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: religion
This is a good explanation of the miracle and the seers. The events surrounding the miracle are depicted very well. The rest of the book got tiresome, after a while. Witnesses are interviewed and they all say the same thing. I didn't believe, then I saw, I believe.
T Elder
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Easy read. Nice addition to the story of Fatima. Story was written in 1960 and thankfully capture what it did but would have liked to see better formatting to the way in which their testimonies were presented.
Terry Tooley
Good book but hard to follow at times. Very well researched.
Ana Maria
Jun 10, 2018
Drew Castel
Sep 22, 2012
Mandy Parsell
rated it did not like it
Sep 01, 2017
Christopher J.
Jan 02, 2020

• Torturing the Villagers
  • How to Improve Your Mind: Twenty Keys to Unlock the Modern World
  • Pure, White and Deadly: The new facts about the sugar you eat as a cause of heart disease, diabetes and other killers
  • I Am Legend
  • A Sellsword's Resolve (The Seven Virtues #3)
  • Fatima, the First Hundred Years: The Complete Story from Visionaries to Saints
  • The Grunt Padre: Father Vincent Robert Capodanno Vietnam 1966-1967
  • A Biblical Walk Through the Mass: Understanding What We Say and Do In The Liturgy
  • My Cousin the Saint: A Search for Faith, Family, and Miracles
  • The Smiler With the Knife (Nigel Strangeways, #5)
  • Saint John Paul the Great: His Five Loves
  • Benjamin Ashwood Short Stories, Vol. 1
  • The Fall
  • Dead Red (Ghosts & Magic, #2)
  • Joan of Arc
  • A Sellsword's Compassion (The Seven Virtues #1)
  • When Life Doesn't Go Your Way: Hope for Catholic Women Facing Disappointment and Pain
  • Benjamin Ashwood Short Stories, Vol. 2