Start by marking “Anatomy and Physiology: The Unity of Form and Function [with Online Learning Center Passcode]” as Want to Read:

From the unique organization to the exceptional art, to the complete integration of the text with technology, Saladin has formed a teaching system that will both motivate and enable your students to understand and appreciate the wonders of anatomy and physiology. Saladin's third edition is the most market responsive text ever published for this course.This distinctive text ...more
Published January 1st 2004 by McGraw-Hill (first published January 13th 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Anatomy and Physiology, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Anatomy and Physiology

Abby
Jun 29, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is all I'm permitted to read nowadays and while the subject is interesting, there is no plot and the descriptions are vague and I have no idea who the main character(s) is/are.
Krystal
Full textbook here. There's so much information so great for research purposes. Very dense and thorough. Definitely a great resource for people pursuing careers that involve the function of the body.
daisy
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gonna be reading this over the summer break to refresh myself for a unit I have to take in first semester next year! I'll probably tackle it in chunks, so updates will most likely be slow. : " )

The end-of-chapter questions + essay questions were super helpful for revision tbh! Enjoyable enough for what it is - a huge af textbook lmao.
Heidi
Sep 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
a really good book. sometimes lacking in detail but that can always be found in other resources. a great resource for anyone wanting to understand the workings of the human body from the most up to date scientific perspective. online resources are also extremely valuable.
رغد قاسم
Such great and wonderful book
Love it, so happy to have a colored amazing copy of this.
Daryl ONeal
Used this as a refresher before taking gross anatomy in medical school. There are a few minor errors I the text but overall, nothing major. My real issue was with the McGraw Hill Connect LMS, specifically the lab interface.
Mauz15
Jun 08, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Nursing and young medical students
Recommended to Mauz15 by: Professor
To think this book is for people with 'lots of time in their hands' is preposterous given the subject matter. The reviewer below me seems to think people interested in the medical field have lots of time in their hands, which makes no sense whatsoever. If you are not serious about the subject, then that is your problem, not the book's problem so don't rate a work by your previous bias of disinterest about the subject. The book does a good overview of anatomy and physiology while at the same time ...more
Melissa Sodano
Oct 15, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As far as textbooks go, this one is the best I've ever read. Saladin uses rich story-like text to educate his audience about topics that could otherwise be very dry. The Insights in each chapter provide great examples of how the information is applied in every day life. Illustrations and photographs abound, making learning much easier for those of us who are visually inclined. I definitely recommend this to all professors who are looking for an Anatomy and Physiology text, or students who are tr ...more
Rahadyan
This was my textbook for two semester of Anatomy and Physiology as a prelude to my entering a nursing program at a local college. While the lecture PowerPoints and other materials for the class were the primary resource for exams, the Saladin text was very helpful for two difficult classes. This will become part of my permanent library. My own gripe was that e-book technology isn't up to the level needed for easy access -- yet.
Kelly
Jun 09, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone with lots of time on their hands.
Recommended to Kelly by: My professor
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.
Oh yeah, the endocrine system!
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.
Did you know that if your heart were removed from your body and cut up into little pieces-they would still beat simultaneously?
Ok, enough of that. AP 2 ends Aug 6th. Thank God!
Sebastien
Having used the A&P textbook by Marieb in the past (university), I was disappointed in the degree of superficial content presented (e.g not expanding on terms deemed noteworthy, some confusion from the text like differentiating [presynaptic?] facilitation vs synaptic facilitation, etc).
Jordan Matz
Aug 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was very easy to understand. I wish it went into a bit more depth. As a biologist with much more knowledge on some of the subjects, it would have been nice to have more depth and explanation into certain phenomenon.
Ellis
Mar 11, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this textbook. It covers anatomy and physiology a little deeper than the typical two-semester course will get, but it is a great resource and is easy to understand for an entry-level student. McGraw-Hill also did an outstanding job with the online teaching resources.
Megan
Sep 05, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
back for another semester... i've loved this book in the past but, oh man, this chapter on blood cells is boring! (or maybe I'm just ADD this semester)...

circulatory system is much more interesting.
Drew
Sep 16, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, reference
Exceptional anatomy and physiology textbook that is outstandingly well-presented and packaged.
Aubrey Sathre
Dec 12, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a lot of information. But I am proud to say I really truly read a textbook cover to cover.
Alisa
Jun 07, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: textbooks
School.. too bad I still had a hard time passing the freakiing course... atleast I will always know where the mandable is..lol..
Amber
Aug 28, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
this book was very good at explaining the parts of the body and such. A whole lot better than my teacher did. Thank god My gone with school.
Stephanie
Jul 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You're going to think I'm a dork, but this book is from my Anatomy class. I sold it back to Amazon only to realize I wanted to reference it a lot, so I re-bought it!
Lauren orso
HALLELOOO!

(ps stop putting jokes in textbooks, please someone who is the president make this illegal)
Angie Mcafee
Jan 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
And that's a wrap!
Saundra
Nov 19, 2009 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Good book for an anatomy book.
Jessie
Jan 15, 2009 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
boring!!!
Keila Contreras
i hope is a good book...
Winnie
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• 50 Genetics Ideas You Really Need to Know
  • 30-Second Anatomy
  • Data Science
  • Burnham's Celestial Handbook: An Observer's Guide to the Universe Beyond the Solar System, Volume 1: Andromeda Through Cetus
  • Semantic Web for the Working Ontologist: Effective Modeling in RDFS and OWL
  • Basic Histology: Text & Atlas
  • Biochemistry
  • Universe: 50 Ideas You Really Need to Know
  • The Backyard Astronomer's Guide
  • Programming the Semantic Web
  • Human Physiology
  • Everything Conceivable: How Assisted Reproduction Is Changing Men, Women, and the World
  • Genetics: A Conceptual Approach