Start by marking “The Foot Book: Dr. Seuss's Wacky Book of Opposites” as Want to Read:
The Foot Book: Dr. Seuss's Wacky Book of Opposites

The Foot Book: Dr. Seuss's Wacky Book of Opposites

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  23,855 Ratings  ·  810 Reviews
A toe-tapper babies will love--the classic Seussian book about opposites: "Wet foot, dry foot. Low foot, high foot..."

This Little Book is an adaptation of the original book The Foot Book published by Random House in 1963.
Board Book, 24 pages
Published November 26th 1996 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published 1968)

To ask other readers questions about The Foot Book, please sign up.

Giovanni absolutely! the rhymes a catchy, but short (for small attention spans), and the illustrations are fun (as expected--we are talking about Seuss here).

Jason Koivu
Mar 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Jason by: emma
* * * Read & Reviewed by Me and My Niece Emma * * *

Those 5 stars are totally biased, because Emma just read this whole book to me all by herself - the first one ever - and I'm over the moon with pride!

There was so much joy up in my heart that I forgot to make a joke about her own stinky feet. After a day of hard playing at school, those little piggies get ripe!

Apparently The Foot Book is one they have at school and obviously it's a favorite, because Emma passed over a dozen other good choice
Stacy
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Easy read for kids, my granddaughter read it to me. Classic Seuss.
Andrea Cox
by Andrea Renee Cox

Another great book by Dr. Seuss, but that doesn't come as a surprise to me. He was always one of my favorites when I was young. Such an imagination he had! I connected with that then... and now. This book of opposites is fun and entertaining with cute pictures and rhyming words. Enjoyable for any age kid.

I was not compensated for my honest review.
Ronyell
Foot

“The Foot Book” is a children’s book from the greatest mind of children’s books, Dr. Seuss and it is about how the main character, a fuzzy and golden looking character, introduces the various types of feet that everyone has. “The Foot Book” is one of the greatest books from Dr. Seuss ever created that children will enjoy for many years.

Dr. Seuss’ talent for writing and illustrations has been astounding children around the world for many years and this book is no exception! Dr. Seuss perfectly pu
Jason Carr
Feb 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
J
Aug 20, 2008 rated it liked it
If I were reviewing this book from my two year old's point of view I'd be far more liberal with the stars. From me it's only getting three. I enjoyed it the first two hundred times, but the plot's a bit lacking.

Our favorite part:
his feet,
her feet,
fuzzy fur feet

Who doesn't love fuzzy fur feet?
Gina
Well last night was definitely a night devoted to fun family reading and fond memories. My kids are celebrating Dr. Seuss's birthday in school and my my sons' shad an assignment to find a Dr. Seuss book that had an affect on their early life, read it, and bring it to school the next day. My 7 year old chose this title. He loved this book when he was a toddler (and still does). My husband and I know many of these books by heart now and now my son knows this one by heart now too. It not only helpe ...more
midnightfaerie
Mar 18, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: childrens
This isn't one of our favorite Dr. Seuss books. It doesn't have a lot of content, other then a few rhymes about feet. My biggest attraction to this book is that it's about feet, something I like. My children were half interested in it. Nice addition to a full Dr. Seuss collection for the die hards out there, but not imperative.
Ean
Oct 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Personal Response:I read The Foot Book to my little step bother told me he liked this book because of how many different feet there were and how he had never been read this book but other and never heard of this one. Jacob told me it made him smile and laugh in his own word and trust me thats weird because hes only 4 years old. His favorite part was when this creature of many different legs came out on a page and he took the book and tried to count all them.

Plot Summary: This book is mainly abo
Kayla Krecklow
Sep 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
"The Foot Book" is one of Dr. Seuss's books that doesn't have much of a story line, but it does have many different meanings behind it and lessons that can be taken away from it. For one, this book would be great when teaching children about opposites. Throughout the whole book Dr. Seuss compares opposites such as big foot, small foot and his foot, her foot. The illustrations also correspond with many of the comparisons. Another lesson that could be taught from this book is all the different typ ...more
Children 1 1 Apr 26, 2016 08:57PM
Medical Health Insurance Vocabulary 1 1 May 15, 2015 12:07AM
  • The Nose Book
  • Old Hat, New Hat
  • Do You Want to Be My Friend?
  • Night-Night, Little Pookie
  • Curious George's Are You Curious?
  • I Like Bugs