Start by marking “Shine (Shade, #3)” as Want to Read:
Shine (Shade, #3)

Shine

(Shade #3)

In this dramatic conclusion to the Shade trilogy, Aura and Zachary’s relationship sizzles as the secrets of the Shift are revealed.

Life can change in an instant, and no one understands that better than Aura. It’s been almost a year since her boyfriend tragically died. She’s finally letting go of Logan’s violet-hued ghost, but not her search to uncover the truth about her p
Published May 1st 2012 by Simon Pulse

To ask other readers questions about Shine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shine

Can't Wait Books of 2012
2,514 books — 15,705 voters
YA Novels of 2012
1,320 books — 10,683 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Shine (Shade, #3)
SℓιM
Dec 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Shine (Shade, #3) by Jeri Smith-Ready by Jeri Smith-Ready

Spoilers (Kind of)

I finally finish this book; it took me almost three years to finish this book LMFAO. Like I bought this book in 2014, started on it in 2014 and stopped reading the book and bought it on Audible still bored. Lol! Because the book was so LONG I wasn't able to finish it and here in December 2016 the day after Christmas I finally finish it. Smh!

Good book, though, I felt so bad for Zachary because he been through hell
Jan 18, 2012 added it
Shelves: dnf
description

So is Logan in this one or what?!?!?!??!?!?!

Please would one of my lovely goodreads friends let me know once they read it? If it is Aura & Zach the whole book I'll pass...I don't feel like barfing into a bucket the entire book! Thank you!

So far from what I've heard I'll be passing on this one. It won't be good for my health. In fact I think eating glass and nails would be better for my health than the pain this book would cause.
Frankie Diane Mallis
Nov 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Love--obviously!

Merged review:

LOVE LOVE LOVED this book! One of all my time favorite series, favorite characters and stories. You guys are going to adore SHINE. And trust me, the love story is better than ever!!!
Jen
Mar 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
So I'm at a loss. What do you say about the ending to a series that has provoked tears from experiencing every possible emotion that exists? (And possibly some that don't even have names yet.) What is there to be said about a book whose characters have infiltrated your heart and mind and made you sigh wistfully and reflectively at a song that sparked a memory or a moment that didn't happen to you but DAMNIT, you feel like it did. What do you do when you know how it ends? And now there's no more ...more
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Jun 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
As much as I have loved this series, and loved Logan, I was super excited to get a chance to have a book with just Aura and Zach in it. I adored Logan, but I have always loved Zach and his Scottish brogue.

It has taken me forever to finish this trilogy and I couldn't even give you a good excuse as to why other than in the madness of blog tours, ARCs, and everything else, I had completely forgotten about it, which is s shame because this is a fabulous series. So well written and so much fun.

Even
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Dec 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio
Quick review:

Cover: Eye catching color
Rating: PG-17
Thumbs Up: 4.5
Overall: A satisfying conclusion to a series!
Characters: Very Well Written
Plot: Hearth Thumbing, can’t breathe at times and emotional story.
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Series Ender
Recommend: YES
Book Boyfriend: Zach but I might to Dylan for my pic?

SUMMARY (60 words or less)

Oh man, I’ve been disappointed with YA series sequels and enders in the last year. But finally someone does it right. After the first chapter, I couldn’t
Wendy Darling
3.5 stars The story is back on track after the messy affairs in book two, though I didn't enjoy this quite as much as book one. Although there are interesting developments, some genuine surprises, and all the icky scenarios of the last book are a thing of the past, I think I just disengaged myself too much from the story to really enjoy this one. An overall satisfying conclusion to the trilogy, however. I just kind of wish book two didn't exist.
Eunice
I'm seriously not good at writing reviews for the final book. It's like I don't know what to say even though I enjoyed and loved it. I just wanted to sit down, think of everything that happened and let out a contented sigh and a satisfied smile. Then be at peace. lol! But for Logan, Aura and Zachary who had all been a very fascinating and lovely characters, who made me swoon and grin so much it hurts and who provided me so much entertainment and happiness I guess it's just fair to share everyone ...more
Kat (Lost in Neverland)
The first two books had amazing covers, this one....sucks.

After I finished book

What Aura knows could end the Shift forever...will she Shade out? Or will she Shine?

Before leaving for his flight to Scotland, Zachary is detained by the DMP and taken to Area 3A for unknown purposes. Aura fights to break him free, and when he finally is, something about him has changed. Something that haunts him and he refuses to talk about.
As the DMP start putting out drafts for kids over 18 years old, Aura and
Ferdy
Jun 11, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Spoilers

Things are finally looking up for Aura - Logan has said his final goodbye and is at peace, she and Zachary are officially together and Aura finally knows the truth about her father and the part she played in the Shift. Aura’s brief period of happiness is shattered when she finds out that Zach has been taken into custody by the DMP/government for being a suspect in the bombing of a plane. Aura is unable to visit Zach, so she starts to investigate the bombing in the hope of freeing Zach.
shady boots
This review is also available over at my blog.

_________________________

Actual rating is 4.5 stars.

So. That's it then. This series is over. You know, before I read the first book, I never had high hopes for the series. I thought it would be like all those other overrated paranormal romances out there in the YA world, and I thought this would be a "meh" series at best. But I will say it right now: I. Love. This. Series.

I so loved how this book wasted no time and just jumped right into action at th
All Things Urban Fantasy
Jun 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy

From the beginning, the Shade series has had a strong sense of direction, a clear endgame that has allowed readers to fully immerse themselves in Aura’s ghost filled world. In a word, Jeri Smith-Ready established trust between herself and her readers, and in SHINE, she rewards that trust with a completely emotionally and intellectually fulfilling conclusion. I loved every single moment.

One of the many things that makes the Shade series so fantastic is t
Claire
A book full of danger, intrigue, pain, isolation, anguish, friendship, determination, sacrifice and love. A wonderful end to an amazing trilogy.

Stepping into the book was like taking a trip with friends. You feel the emotions rolling around like thunder hitting the world, the need to solve the riddle keeps the book glued to your hands, the want to heal the wounds has you reaching for the emotional first aid box and all you really want to do is wrap your arms around the book to hug them and keep
Linda (un)Conventional Bookworms
Jun 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Every single reader I know!
There will be spoilers! This and other reviews can also be found on my blog : (un)Conventional Bookviews

Oh my sweet goodness! The first chapter almost killed me!

Shine is the perfect finale to the Shade series! Oh my sweet goodness! The first chapter almost killed me! I was sitting on the edge of my couch, my eyes as big as saucers, my reaction the same as Aura’s : ‘No! No, that just can’t be true! Not Zach! No!!!!’ *sob* I almost did a Joey and put my book in the freezer, but that just wouldn’t
P.T. Michelle
Jul 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Jeri did it again! You're going to love, love, love SHINE! Wonderful conclusion to the trilogy.
Kayla
Apr 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a great finale, the author prioritised the story over the romance I feel and I really appreciated that.
I think it was so important that Aura let herself open up to Zachary about how special Logan was to her and I really feel that was such an important part of the story and that it's okay to move on from your first love.
Amy
(Warning: I normally try really hard to keep my reviews brief, but I completely abandoned that philosphy in the following review. You have been warned.)  *deep breath*

SHINE is one of those books that, while you are reading it, the rest of the world disappears. While you are reading, you keep thinking to yourself that there has never been a book this good written before, ever. It is books like SHINE that keep us readers breathing.

One of my most favorite things about SHINE is Aura. She felt even
Janette
May 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A few weeks ago, the best thing happened. I was stalking twitter, minding my own business (or everyone else’s), and the very best person offered to share her ARC of Shine. (You know who you are, and YOU ROCK.) I couldn’t believe it! Here was a chance to read this book that I have been anticipating for an ENTIRE YEAR. How could I pass that up? It arrived while I was in TX looking for a place to live. I was DYING because I couldn’t put my hands on it right then. I got home and immediately had to l ...more
Bailey (IB Book Blogging)
It's been quite a long journey for readers of this series and the wait for the final book in the trilogy has been a long time coming. I dove right in the second I received SHINE, and I wasn't satisfied until I had finished it all. Words cannot express how absolutely perfect SHINE is. It far surpassed my expectations.

I have been waiting so long for Aura's happy ending and for all the mysteries surrounding the Shift to be solved, but the way it all played out just made me beyond happy. After SHADE
Karen
Mar 09, 2012 added it
Full disclosure: I am friends with the author.

Shine, the conclusion to the Shade trilogy, will leave your heart breaking one moment and have your heart soaring in the next.

Your questions will be answered, and your heart will melt when fans get their long awaited castle scene.

As a rabid Logan fan I was so happy with his overwhelming presence throughout this book. Jeri handled Logan's journey in a way that had me in tears but left me completely happy & satisfied.

There are a few new characters to
Lauren Goff
Aug 06, 2011 rated it it was ok
::POSSIBLE SPOILERS::

~I received a finished copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review~

Shine is the conclusion to the Shift series by Jeri Smith-Ready. It follows the continuing journey of Aura and Zachary on their search for the truth behind the event known as the Shift, which gave everyone under a certain age the ability to see and communicate with ghosts.

I am very pleased to say that this book was much, much better than Shift. I read this book in two days, half one
Jordan
Mar 16, 2012 rated it liked it
I have to say that I absolutely loved the first two books of this series the first one more so than the 2nd. I loved Aura and really connected with her. Her relationship with logan was relatable and I cried in the first book so many times. I have to say that I really liked Logan more than Zachary so since she ends up with Zachary I could never have given the final book 5 stars, but to only give it 3 had to do with the fact that I feel like Ready created unneccesary problems in the book that she ...more
E.V. Fairfall
Nov 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a really good book. The whole series was wonderful.
The only thing that made me like the book less was the details about Brigit Murphy - the entries seemed so "spot on" and detailed that I found it hard to believe. Also I really wanted to understand Anthony and his relationship with Gina. Other than that the romance in the book was very nice, the book felt very complete and wrapped up a ton of loose ends. I think Jeri Smith-Ready has a wonderful writing style and I love her characters.
Sam
Nov 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Good conclusion to the series. The start sucks you straight back in to the series and holds on tight. I read the first 150 pages in one sitting, I couldn't put it down.

I liked that all the questions were answered and there were no more love triangles.

It also made me want to travel to Ireland and Scotland even more than before.
Michele (Reading Lark/CanadianTwiMom)

My review can also be found on Reading Lark: http://readinglark.blogspot.ca/2012/0...

I can easily label this book one of my favourites because I cannot stop thinking about it. Jeri Smith-Ready wrote the most PERFECT ending to an already awesome trilogy!

Shine begins literally 5 minutes after the conclusion of Shift with such intensity and emotion, I honestly didn't think I could deal with so much drama so soon. No easing into it... just BOOM! With my heart in my throat, I just had to keep remind
nick
Jun 17, 2012 rated it really liked it

Read more of my reviews at Nick's Book Blog

Shift, the sequel to Shade, was an utter disappointment for me because I really did enjoy Shade. I was a little wary to start the final book in the trilogy, Shine, but I still decided to give it a shot. I'm happy to say that Shine was a vast improvement from the disaster that was Shift.

(view spoiler)
Deena Graves
Apr 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Okay, since Shine does not officially come out until May Uno, I will not be giving away too much here. I love surprises and refuse to blow it for those who have not had the pleasure to read Shine yet.

Those of you who have read the Shade Trilogy, from the uber lovely and infinitely talented Miss Jeri Smith-Ready, already know the master-crafter she is with story-telling. Shine is no exception. Since it had been eons after reading Shift--- Okay, so maybe not that long, but sure felt like it. Have
Alicia
Nov 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I know I’ve reacted to a lot of books like this, but… OH. MY. GOSH.

Honestly, this was on crazy ending to one crazy series. Like, I don’t even…

I read this book about two months ago and every time I think about it, I can feel my mind blowing again.

Before I get to the novel though, can we just talk about this cover, because… WHY!? Not only does this new cover NOT match the other two original covers, but it’s not that pretty, I’m sorry. I don’t like the girl’s make-up and I’m honestly just not parti
Melissa
Ok... The covers aren't exactly following a scheme, but don't let this cover fool you. The final installment in the Shade trilogy, Shine is a satisfying conclusion to the world Ms. Ready has created.

Aura and Zachary have realized that she can reverse the shade transfomration some ghosts go through. But that's not all the duo have discovered. They were given strange powers for a reason (view spoiler) Th
Millie Dixon
Aug 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amazing-books
Check out more of my reviews at Millie D's Words

Peeps, do you guys know how much I love Zachary? Honestly, he is my fictional boyfrannn. I love his determination and his hidden ninja skills. (He's not like 'WA-CHOW!!!' ninja, but he's decent.) I love his accent and how...ahem...patient he is.

And, while the YA Crush Tourney was in full swing, I was a full supporter of my Captain Patience.

Do I have to show you more about how far my love for Zachary goes? When Aura would push him away, my heart wou
Music 3 13 Jul 30, 2012 07:04AM
Jeri Smith-Ready ...: Shine Discussion......what do you THINK will happen in Shine? (or want to happen) 8 51 May 06, 2012 08:13AM

• The Gathering (Darkness Rising, #1)
  • Body & Soul (The Ghost and the Goth, #3)
  • Everbound (Everneath, #2)
  • Twisted City
  • House of Darkness House of Light: The True Story Volume Two
  • The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
  • Freddy vs. Jason
  • A Nightmare on Elm Street: The Dream Dealers
  • Twice Burned (Freddy Krueger's Tales of Terror, #4)
  • A Nightmare on Elm Street: Suffer the Children
  • Deadly Disguise (Freddy Krueger's Tales of Terror, #6)
  • Blind Date (Freddy Krueger's Tales of Terror, #1)
  • The Old Myers Place (Halloween, #2)
Jeri Smith-Ready has been writing fiction since the night she had her first double espresso. A steady stream of caffeine has produced twelve published novels for teens and adults since 2001.

Jeri lives in Maryland with her husband and two cats, who often play tag-team "sit in the author's lap and keep her from writing." (The cats, that is, not the husband. Though, actually...)

Shade (3 books)