Start by marking “純血+彼氏 1 [Junketsu + Kareshi 1]” as Want to Read:
純血+彼氏 1 [Junketsu + Kareshi 1]

純血+彼氏 1 [Junketsu + Kareshi 1]

(He's My Only Vampire #1)

Takachiho Kanami who attends a distinguished private school is bright, well-behaved and extremely soft-hearted no matter what the time. She's neat, and doesn't seem to have any problems, but she carries a darkness within her heart. On the night of the full moon, the world around her starts to grow loud.
The meeting that changes Kanami's fate is already drawing close.
Published March 7th 2011 by Kodansha

To ask other readers questions about 純血+彼氏 1 [Junketsu + Kareshi 1], please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 純血+彼氏 1 [Junketsu + Kareshi 1]

Start your review of 純血+彼氏 1 [Junketsu + Kareshi 1]
Miss Susan
so this is a story all bout how
kana's life got flipped-turned upside-down
and i'd like to take a minute
just sitting right there
to tell you the story of how she became the thrall of a vamp-air

in unknown japanese precinct born and raised
on the track field was where she spent most of her days
running and jumping, competing all cool
using her skills to get into high school
when this one guy -- he was up to no good
set off a fire in her neighbourhood!
one debilitating injury and the doctor got scared
and s
Grace, Queen of Crows and Tomes
Buddy read with Akira
First, I gotta say that this artwork is absolutely gorgeous! ❤️ Even though this manga seemed a bit rushed on the first volume, I really enjoyed it plus I'm totally shipping Aki x Kana. Plus I also liked Kana's personality. I would like to read the rest of this series, hopefully I will soon!
Rod Brown
I was scrolling through the library's manga collection, clicking on Vol. 1's for series I had not yet read. If I had bothered to click on the author for this one, I would have realized I had previously tried two other series by this author and deserted them both early on for being so bland and generic. And now the trifecta.

Paranormal romance with vampires and werewolves and the young miss who is so irresistible to them all. It's not bad or anything as far as it goes, but I've already read Twilig
Andre
The positive thing first:
The artwork is pretty good, the skill of the author is without question.

The story however is anything but that. After the main story the author stated that this story came about because her boss wanted her to write a vampire story and I think it really shows.
I guess if you are new to the genre this might be interesting to you but for me its all "been there, done that and bought the t-shirt."
The author basically just threw common tropes and terms into this story and I hea
Victoria ♡
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-manga
I read the first 3 volumes of this series some years ago now and i’m only just getting round to picking it back up again,,,so i’m starting with a re read!

This was actually a lot more enjoyable than it was the first time! Since last time i’ve read it i’ve read the author’s other works...and I just love her!!
Yue
The whole thing about hunting Stigmas is a very good idea. So, reading a summary, about a hot vampire whose only food is this Girl Kana, and who is hunting for the 7 Stigmas to dominate the world sounds like a story I will be a huge fan of. It is not like that after I finished reading the first volume, but overall I liked it... despite the rush in the story (everything happens so quickly, and we do not even know what happened in the past, who is this guy, where and when did they meet, etc.)

There
Mizuki
Jun 10, 2013 rated it liked it
I like the amazing artwork, the elegantly drawn characters very much and the main girl's personality is refreshing. For once we have an active, curious main girl who isn't dreamy and drooling all over the handsome male lead like some stupid fangirl. What more can I ask for?

But the rest of the story...the cliches (mysterious brooding vampire male lead, a werewolf, "I'm a vampire I'm bad for you! I don't want to hurt you!", everyone wants the heroine...etc, etc) are too much for me to handle. So t
DonutKnow
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
beth f.
Jun 09, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
It was alright. A little weird but super vampire-y. I like that the main character is a tomboy! The pacing is well done and probably one of the better ones I’ve seen done by beginner/learning mangakas lately. The possessiveness is... a little strangely done but I suppose it works.
Jack Reynolds
Jul 25, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
Aya Shouoto's art still looks gorgeous, but I can't get into this series. There are too many cliches and tropes for my liking. ...more
Grace Troxel
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This review originally appeared on my blog, Books Without Any Pictures:

Vampire manga is my latest big weakness. I want to read all of it. So when I saw He’s My Only Vampire sitting on the shelf at Barnes & Noble, I just had to pick it up and binge read four volumes. And trust me, I’ll be reading the rest of this series once my budget recovers enough from the rest of my recent manga purchases. The artwork is gorgeous, the story is engaging, and I am a littl
Hisgirl85
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, manga
4 stars
Lexie
Did I kind of wish this was Vampire Host? Yeah I did. Did I enjoy this for what it is? Yep!

Fairly standard fare as far as a shoujo vampire manga - Kana and Aki are childhood friends, accident in their last estranged them, Kana is more than a mere human, Aki is interested in more than just blood and bonus twin brother who I'll lay off when he's awakened is not gonna be the sweet fluffy teddy bear they remember.

The artwork is pretty and the guys are attractive. The humor was ok.

I mean overall I li
Lex
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Lex by: Raziel
This is unexpectedly GOOD!
Danielle
When Kana thinks she sees her long-lost childhood friend Aki on the street, she chases after him. When an accident leaves her near death, she finds herself pulled from it by a vampire, who is no other than Aki. Now she is his "thrall" and she is the only one he will feed from. Her life is turned upside down as she is pulled into his mission to hunt down the demonic powers known as "STIGMA" and save his twin brother Eriya.

This manga had a rather cliche feel to it and the unfolding of the plot was
Rebecca
Dec 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, manga, ya, romance
I have to confess that I am utterly, totally, and completely done with vampires. But you know what? I really enjoyed this book. Aya Shouoto, who also wrote the recently released Kiss of the Rose Princess, managed to hold my interest and then some with this story of a sexy pureblood vampire and the girl he loves...who has zero idea that he loves her. Basically it reads like a manga version of your average light paranormal romance novel, and while I'm sure things are about to get darker, this volu ...more
Yanet
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
I read the entire series and loved every single thing about it! This book took me by surprise, I was not expecting to fall in love with it but, I did. It sort of reminds me of 'Black Bird' but on an entire different level. Every page has me hooked! I am not even skimming the words, I truly am enjoying every single bit. You can tell the author took their time in creating a great story line that continues throughout each page. ...more
Jan 24, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015
2.5 stars really. The story could be interesting, but the delivery is very cliched. I don't really like or care about any of the characters. ...more
Kimberly
Not for middle school.
Wondra Vanian
Nov 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one gets a swooning flutter of eyelashes and that's all I'm going to say. ...more
Jillian -always aspiring-
Not terrible...but just not memorable, sad to say.
kuristina- tabreez
This was a really good start to what I feel will be a really good series! It gives me some Vampire Knight vibes mixed with some Bloody Mary manga vibes. This has really brought me back to my vampire loving roots and it’s so mysterious— I’m excited to read on more. There appears to be a lot to this world that is not yet fully divulged and may not be for some time yet to come. But I do really like that Jin Shiranui has Lycanthrope blood in his veins and that the incident with Aki has brought it ou ...more
Alejandra Rodriguez
The plot was pretty confusing. The story just threw you into Kana's daily life with no preface and then explained along the way. It would've been less confusing if Kana's injury and the whole thing with the fire were explained before continuing with the story line. I picked this up thinking that I was going to read a typical cheesy vampire romance kind of thing. I have to admit that it's not quite as cheesy as I expected. ...more
Drucilla
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
This review is for the complete series (10 volumes). The basic premise of this was interesting, but the reader is quickly overwhelmed by the author shoving as many cliches in the story as she could. Maybe if we'd been given sufficient explanation, this would be forgivable, but there were too many things that didn't make sense. And that ending...again, not enough was explained and Kana comes off looking like the most inconsiderate person ever. ...more
-moonprismpower-
Apr 30, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aya Shouoto likes supernatural romances huh?
I loved and adored The Demon Prince of Momochi House so when I found this series on eBay, I had to get it.
So far, we have an interesting start. I’m not sure how I feel about Kana. She seems naive and a little oblivious... but I guess she needs to be in order to be okay with being a vampire’s food supply..? Haha.
I’m curious on how this story will go because Aya Shouoto usually puts some twists in her stories. We shall see!
Katie Umland
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
The book was fun. It has the usual clueless female character and the friend zoned guy who tries to make you think he’s meaner and more emotionless then he really is. The graphics were really good, as expected from this author. I didn’t love it as much as the Rosario series, but I am a sucker for the supernatural, innocent, cutesy, shoujo theme.
Lucifer "Argyle
It's a little weird, a little awkward, but I kind of dig it.

The art style is awesome, and I think it really brings life to the characters. I'm interested in the story enough to read the next volume and see where things go. I'm definitely mostly interested to learn more about the lore in this universe and to also see where the relationship between the two main characters goes.
Christina
Aug 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-reviewed, manga
I love when a manga starts with a beautiful page of colored art. Kana is the kind of person you want as a friend. She's so kind and helpful and genuine and dorky. But there's something she's missing in life. Aki I like and we're just getting to learn more about him and his connection to Kana. There's drama and action all throughout. I have many many questions but we'll see how volume 2 goes. ...more
Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru
Sexy

I love vampires. I love vampires in manga even more, most of the time. Kana is a bit naive, but is your typical big hearted shoujo heroine. Aki is gorgeous with lots of secrets as is typical for a vampire. I've read up through chapter seventeen of this series previously, but I'm still dying to learn all of Aki's secrets.
Seobin  Baeg
The spectacular drawing and the overall dark theme and the interrelated relationship with the characters all adds up to make a fabulous but in some ways common manga. If anyone would want a vampire theme+dark past+ romance, they should try this series....
« previous 1 3 next »

• 高嶺と花 3 (Takane to Hana #3)
  • Vampire Dormitory, Vol. 2 (Vampire Dormitory, #2)
  • Vampire Dormitory, Vol. 1 (Vampire Dormitory, #1)
  • Takane & Hana, Tome 8 (Takane & Hana, #8)
  • That Wolf-Boy is Mine! Vol. 2
  • 高嶺と花 13 [Takane to Hana 13] (Takane & Hana, #13)
  • 高嶺と花 4 [Takane to Hana 4] (Takane & Hana, #4)
  • Sweat and Soap, Vol. 1
  • Rosen Blood~背徳の冥館~ 2 [Rosen Blood: Haitoku no Meikan 2] (Rosen Blood, #2)
  • 高嶺と花 11 [Takane to Hana 11] (Takane & Hana, #11)
  • 高嶺と花 14 [Takane to Hana 14] (Takane & Hana, #14)
  • 春待つ僕ら 6 [Haru Matsu Bokura 6] (Waiting for Spring, #6)
  • Waiting for Spring, Vol. 7 (Waiting for Spring, #7)
  • Waiting for Spring 08
  • Check me up!, Tome 5 (Check me up!, #5)
  • My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! Volume 1
  • Takane & Hana, Tome 9 (Takane & Hana, #9)
  • Kakuriyo: Bed & Breakfast for Spirits, Vol. 4
See top shelves…
Aya Shōoto is a Japanese mangaka.

She publishes under two names in Japanese, that spell the same but are written with different characters.
- 硝音あや: for shōjo manga
- しょうおとあや: for BL manga

Associated Names:
Aya Shōoto
Aya Showoto
Kashi

He's My Only Vampire (10 books)
  • 純血+彼氏 2 [Junketsu + Kareshi 2]