Start by marking “Last Breath (The Morganville Vampires, #11)” as Want to Read:
Last Breath (The Morganville Vampires, #11)

Last Breath

(The Morganville Vampires #11)

4.31  ·  Rating details ·  23,588 ratings  ·  1,268 reviews
With her boss preoccupied researching the Founder Houses in Morganville, student Claire Danvers is left to her own devices when she learns that three vampires have vanished without a trace. She soon discovers that the last person seen with one of the missing vampires is someone new to town-a mysterious individual named Magnus. After an uneasy encounter with Morganville's l ...more
Published November 1st 2011 by NAL Hardcover

·  23,588 ratings  ·  1,268 reviews

Start your review of Last Breath (The Morganville Vampires, #11)
Emily
May 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites, vampires

That’s better. I was starting to feel like we should go shoe shopping or something.”

“Being a girl is not a bad thing!”

“No.” He took his hand out of his pocket and put his arm around her shoulders, hugging her close. “If I could be half the girl you are, I’d be—wow, I have no idea where I was going with that, and it just turned out uncomfortable, all of a sudden.”

“Jackass.”

“You like being a girl—that’s good. I like being a guy—that’s also good.”

“Next you’ll be all Me, Tarzan, you, Jane!”

i love th
Hannah-Linn
May 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: vampire-books
11/8/11...update. I finished the book!!

8/24/11 update at bottom!!!!

Do you know what I love about these books? They come out about every six months!!! That's a pretty short time considering how long you have to wait for SOME books.
another thing I love about these books: there SSSOOOO many of them!!! I mean this is the eleventh book!!! Seriously??? And they NEVER get boring, even though it's pretty much just the same things happening in every book, it's SSSOOO exciting.
And for once I seriously lo
Hannah
Aug 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I’m honestly scrambling to find something other than “I FREAKING LOVED IT” to post right now, but I’m coming up somewhat empty. Rachel Caine’s 11th book in the Morganville Vampire series is everything a fangirl could dream of. Last Breath was filled with drama, romance, action, mystery, and a lot of suspense.

After eleven books, you pretty much know what you’re getting into with these books … or so I thought. Caine again kept me on my toes by showing us not only Claire’s point of view, but also
Carolina
Jun 11, 2011 marked it as did-not-finish
First I simply tought: "Last breath?? What the hell does that means?"

And then I was like: "OMG, will they turn Claire into a vamp or something?"

And then, I started wondering: "Wait... Eve and Michael... Marriage... Fangs... Accidents... Holy cow!"

I mean, what if

Marriage + Eve + Michael = Eve's Last Breath?!?!

Damn, why do I need to find out what happens so badly???
Wendy Darling
Whoa! Way to revitalize a series, Ms. Caine. You've definitely woken me up.

(view spoiler)

WHEN is Black Dawn coming out again??
Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship}
Gelatinous vampire goo. Gelatinous vampire goo. I can't get over it. This is so...wrong. I'm hoping this new enemy is part of Caine's endgame. We've had 11 books and perhaps she's running out of ideas even though the final book, #15 is due out in November 2013. It certainly feels like the end run.

The Villains
A type of ultimate vampire, the Draug have a seductive call like sirens, need water to survive and breed, can reduce themselves to vampire goo which if you get any on you, will suck the
MissBecka
WTH did I just read?

This book was all over the place and had a lot packed into it.
Not sure if I like the direction she's taking Myrnin and Amelie in yet.
You got 4 more books to change my mind Caine.
Arlene
Nov 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Morganville Fans READ.IT.NOW!
Recommended to Arlene by: Street Corner Bookers
Holy floating Moses! That was insane!

…every story’s tragic somewhere along the way. You just have to know where to stop telling the story to make a happy ending…

I cannot agree with that more! Rachel Caine sure has a way of creating a roll-a-coaster of a ride for her Morganville fans. She puts us through an ongoing adventure of turbulent ups and downs with crazy twists, insane events and fierce action that doesn’t quit. Call me crazy, but I don’t want this wild ride to end.

In Last Breath Morganv
Natasa
Mar 05, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I really don't know why I read this crap.

These books are like those movies where you just go to switch your brain off and have a good time. Except the difference for Last Breath is that you switch your brain off and have one heck of a bore-a-thon.

Even the action scenes have gotten boring.

OK, that's not entirely true since I was into it while I was reading those sequences, but even so there was this "get on with it" feeling all over it. After eleven books you kinda figure out no one's gonna die s
~Tina~
Oct 31, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Everytime it comes to writing a review for these books, I find myself sounding like a broken record. But then again every time it's worth the repeat. These books are highly addictive and purely entertaining. It kills boredom and cures readers-block. It's nevah dull and it's always filled with the most delicious intrigue, not to mention sizzling-sexy chemistry.

How is it possible that these books just gets better and better? Eleven books in- and I'm still having an absoute blast in this world. In
Maria V. Snyder
Sep 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Book #11 - I've never gone this far with an author or series before - Harry Potter the only other series I finished with 4 + books. I just love these characters and situation and am still engaged :)

I finished last night and enjoyed the story. It ended with a cliff hanger as Rachel does sometimes and I'm going to start Black Dawn tonight. I must say I was shocked by (view spoiler)
MISS VAIN
Myrnin wasn't listening. He was muttering under his breath, something in a language I didn't know, but from the sound of it, he was cursing like a drunken sailor as he stared murderously at the black portal. Then he switched to English.

"All right," he said. "Kill me, then, you faithless pile of lumber and nails. Kill me if you have to, but I am coming through."

So everyone that knows me knows I'm completely obsessed with Rachel Caine and her dark gritty world of Morganville Vampires and especia
Shy
Last Breath, the eleventh chapter in the Morganville Vampire series, proved to be a HUGE disappointment. This far into the series, I expect that any events that happen in it need to have reasons to really be there, instead of just acting as fillers. Nevertheless, that is the exact thing I get: two supposedly "huge" dramas that didn't have any consequences molded into a storyline that fit into the exact pattern as the previous books.

Nothing new is really there other than the villain and even he d
konneko .
Mar 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
GOSH!!!!!
waiting sucks!!!

November will be a really important month =P
Tatiana Vila
Nov 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I only have a few words to say about Last Breath: best book in the whole Morganville series. This was a true roller coaster of emotions, and the ending...well, it was the perfect cherry to top a delicious cupcake of stirring scenes. Definitely worth reading.
Kayleigh {K-Books}
Jul 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
Last Breath Review on K-Books

I was so excited to receive this for review from Allison & Busby Publishers and I just had to start to straight away. Morganville Vampires is without a doubt my favourite vampire series ever. I am always torn between this series and Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy series but after reading Last Breath this is definitely the best vampire series I have ever read. The writing style is amazing and the storyline is shocking and beautiful all at the same time. This is the o
♥Rachel♥
Sep 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Morganville Vampire fans
Wow, I think this was my favorite of the series! These books just keep getting better. I don’t know how Rachel Caine manages to keep us invested in this story even after eleven books, but she does. Once you start reading one of these books you find the pages just fly by. This has always been a fun series with a lot of action, romance, and snarky/humorous dialogue. This book in the series however, is a game-changer, and felt a bit more serious than the others.

After the whole drama played out in
All Things Urban Fantasy
Jun 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
Rachel Caine is an evil, wicked author for what’s she has done to her characters—and by extension her readers—in LAST BREATH, the eleventh book in her crazy fun Morganville Vampire series. Not since GLASS HOUSES—which ended with with the decapitation of a main character—have I been as shocked by a book in this series…and yes, that means someone else very important dies.

I am continually amazed at how after so many books, the stories about Claire, Shane, Eve, Michael, and Morganville still feel f
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Apr 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio
Quick review:

Cover: IDK
Rating: R
Overall: It was pretty good
Characters: Well Written
Plot: A new bad boy is in town and everyone is in danger
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Sure
Recommend: Yeah
Book Boyfriend: Shane

SUMMARY (50 words or less)
Well, I didn’t love this book, but it was pretty good. There was some world building as something new has come to town. We also get some more answers which is always good. And can I say that was the best ending ever. It was. It really was.

For a f
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: challenge
Just when we think Morganville is going to erupt into another civil war over Michael (a vampire) wanting to marry Eve (a human), a greater evil comes to town. Turns out that even vampires have predators. Amelie makes some tough decisions to keep everyone from knowing that the vampires aren't the top of the food chain, and Claire is at the center of the repercussions.

I liked this storyline. I was intrigued by the idea that there was something worse than the vampires out there and I liked the exp
Alaina
I feel like this is probably my favorite book out of the entire series. I don't really know how to explain it but mostly I didn't end up hating anyone that much or think any of the main characters were annoying as fuck. So that is always a plus in my book.

Last Breath was an okay book with a dash of interesting twists and turns. (view spoiler)
Amber I.
Sep 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
After 10 books in the same series you might think you can know what to expect. But Rachel has a way of throwing things at us we would never see coming. And this 11th book Last Breath is topping all that! She stunned me at what she came up with! You will never see it coming!!If you have come this far in the series, then you know its going to be awesome. I would recommend reading these all in order so you can really get to know these characters and to see how much they have all been through togeth ...more
Naomi
Jul 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Wow! Eleven books into The Morganville Vampires series & it's still as exciting as ever!! I think this may actually be my favourite one so far! ...more
Andrea
Oct 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017-read
This was a pretty crazy installment. And now there's going to be a shit more trouble to deal with.
Aly
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook, 2019
This had way more craziness than I've seen in the last few books. Poor Claire is always getting the bad end of things and goes through so much, yet she remains positive and tries to help everyone even when it seems hopeless. Shane is such a good boyfriend to Claire and it broke my heart to see him so down. I'm glad they have each other and their friends. Eve sometimes really annoys me, especially when she thinks she can just do whatever she wants and then causes problems for the rest of the grou ...more
Emily
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book a lot more than I did the last one. But I'd still only give it 4 stars because it isn't as good as the earlier books in the series. However, I enjoyed the story from different viewpoints, it was intriguing to know the thoughts of the vampires as well as Claires.

The majority of the book revolves around a mystery. One that Claire doesn't know how to resolve. This kept me HOOKED on the book because I wanted to know more and solve the mystery. This book drove me further away fro
Patti TheLoveJunkee
Aug 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: vampires, ya
Claire Danvers is an extra-ordinary girl living in the extra-ordinary town of Morganville, Texas. What makes Claire so special? She's super-smart, having started college early, and, among other things, works after school in a lab with Myrnin, who's a little crazy...and a vampire. In Morganville though, that's no so unusual - there are lots of vampires in Morganville.

While there is usually an uneasy truce between the humans and the vampires, things are currently a little strained. Someone's plann
Jade
Mar 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
5 stars plus, a round of applause, a standing ovation and an "addicting as crack" warning label.

I love this series. It's book 11` and yet it was fresh, awesome and left me wanting for more. Some series begin to wither as they go along. They seem to be written as fan service and for the publishers'/author's pockets. I don't mean any disrespect, but at times the quality and sincerity of the writing seems forced. In OTHER SERIES, NOT, NOT, this one.

OMG! How does Ms. Caine does it? She really knows
Amber
May 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I don't know how Rachel Caine does it. She can create book after book and still keep the story fresh and alive. This is one series that never gets boring and keeps me excited for the next.

Right from the start, we get what we have been longing to feel for what seems like forever...NEKKID SHANE! (no, he really isn't, but we can keep hoping) Oh, how i had missed his humor and snide remarks.

"Look, ask him, okay? This is girl talk. I don't do girl talk." She punched him in the shoulder. "Ass." "Tha
Jess (Gone with the Words)
Oct 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2011
Read this review on my blog! --> Last Breath by Rachel Caine

Oh, our dear Morganville gang. Last Breath was a rough one for you, wasn’t it? Rachel Caine really dragged you guys through the mud, didn’t she? And by the end, things haven’t only gotten marginally better. *sigh* Come here....you guys need a hug.

In Last Breath, every one is in danger. Vampires are being hunted, and in turn, the vampires want to “free” the humans and get the heck outta dodge. Also, have you ever wondered why the town o

• Wicked Kiss (Nightwatchers, #2)
  • The Golden Lily (Bloodlines, #2)
  • If I Die (Soul Screamers, #5)
  • Betrayed (The Vampire Journals #3)
  • Destined (House of Night, #9)
  • Blood Feud (Drake Chronicles, #2)
  • Cryptic Cravings (Vampire Kisses, #8)
  • Dark Kiss (Nightwatchers, #1)
  • Glass Heart Savage
  • The Queen of Witches (Wheel of Crowns, #2)
  • Out for Blood (Drake Chronicles, #3)
  • The Vampire Queen (Wheel of Crowns, #3)
  • Midnight (The Vampire Diaries: The Return, #3)
  • Burned (House of Night, #7)
  • Night's Child (Sweep, #15)
  • Loved (The Vampire Journals, #2)
  • The Vampire Diaries: The Return Collection (The Vampire Diaries: The Return #1-3)
  • Rapture (Fallen, #4)

The Morganville Vampires (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1)
  • The Dead Girls' Dance (The Morganville Vampires, #2)
  • Midnight Alley (The Morganville Vampires, #3)
  • Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires, #4)
  • Lord of Misrule (The Morganville Vampires, #5)
  • Carpe Corpus (The Morganville Vampires, #6)
  • Fade Out (The Morganville Vampires, #7)
  • Kiss of Death (The Morganville Vampires, #8)
  • Ghost Town (The Morganville Vampires, #9)
  • Bite Club (The Morganville Vampires, #10)