Start by marking “Unto the Hills” as Want to Read:
Unto the Hills

Unto the Hills

4.48  ·  Rating details ·  197 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
An inspiring collection of comforting thoughts from one of the world's best known and beloved evangelists. With 365 daily readings, each day's devotion includes a Scripture passage, thoughts from Graham, and a daily prayer.
Published July 1st 1993 by W Publishing Group (first published October 1st 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Unto the Hills, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unto the Hills

Estevan Alvarado
Read Devotional Twice -- 1998 & 2003. In 1998, this book help me understand that Jesus was my Lord and Savior.
Paula Whitehouse
I didn't have a lot to choose from when making a selection on BookSneeze, so I decided to go for Billy Graham's "Unto the Hills: A Daily Devotional".

As the name suggests, this is a perpetual daily devotional book.The author encourages the reader that “for peace, for strength, for courage and inspiration, look UNTO THE HILLS.”

Dr Graham has written this devotional from his life experience as a man of God. His goal is that when we have problems we look to God for peace and guidance. His love for G
Jan 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-the-shelf
Being new to Christianity, and very excited about learning as much as possible, as quickly as possible, I often find myself going full-tilt in many directions when it comes to "meditating on His word night and day". I lack focus, direction and many times I miss the subtleties of the scriptures I am studying. That's where a devotional such as this one plays a vital role in my walk with the Lord.

Reading Mr. Graham's interpretation and application of scripture has allowed me to focus on what is tr
Jaime Contreras
Jul 24, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: biblical-topics
I have now read this Bible study companion thrice. This is one of the best because of the breadth and scope of the stories and applicable scriptural passages. Commit yourself to read this for one year. Thank you, Rev. Billy Graham.
Daniel Nampo
Aug 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think that God speaks in many ways, and for me, this book was one of them.
On a gray and dark world that we live, it's good to find a real Christian man (or woman).
Sorry if I sound awkward, I am brazilian and didn't pay much attention to my english classes.
Clay Wells
Apr 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent, like any of Billy's books.

Like anything Billy Graham has written this is an excellent devotion. It is simple, but not simplistic, just truth and grace.
Bill Kalista
Dec 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Required reading

Do not miss out on inspiration this book can bring to your life. There is nothing more precious than the way Billy expresses his love for our Lord Jesus.
Feb 02, 2011 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
It is a really good book so far! I think everyone will be able to relate to a devotional that is in this book! :)
Teresa Parker
Dec 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful daily devotional reading.
Jan 24, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was looking for a book with short, daily devotions, and "Unto the Hills" fit the bill. I would have liked the devotions to be a little more daily-life related however, and less Scripture interpretations. It was quite heavy on the theme "you should rejoice in your sufferings." While that might make spiritual sense, it's difficult to accept, and not exactly balm for the soul after a hard day at the office!
James Spears
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaway
I enjoyed reading this devotional throughout the year. It helped through my low and high points of my life. I felt sad to see the journey end with the book, but I know God is still with me as I continue on my journey. I am passing this book on to someone for the new year. I would hope everyone would pick it up and spend a year with Rev. Graham.
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It took me well over a year to read this daily devotional book, but it was well worth the read! I wish I had remembered to read it daily! Billy Graham offers excellent insight on how God's Word has and always will be relevant to our lives. I highly recommend it!
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

An incredible story of life and love. What an encouraging and challenging message in today's marketplace. A very real and uncompromised thread that if chosen will weave a banner for your life.
Heather Tiedtke
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is by far my favorite daily devotional. I have purchased this book for others because it's application to my life has been so spot on! Truly a devotional written by the Holy Spirit through Billy Graham!
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Something of great value for each day of the year!!!
Julie  Durnell
Dec 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My morning devotional-I loved these daily insights by Mr. Graham and even though written 30 years ago it is still very timely today.
Mary  Allen
I just love this book, a great way to start a day. A great way to fill your spirit and your day with positive, thoughtful lessons.GOD bless you, Billy Graham.
Trinity Rose
I love anything written by Billy Graham and this daily devotional entitled Unto The Hills was just so full of knowledge and compassion, but the thing I like the most is Billy Graham’s love of our Lord.
Each day has a Bible verse and is full of wisdom and a story to make a point. Also it always ends with a prayer.
I have put many of Billy Graham’s quotes on facebook from this book and was quite inspired by his words of healing and wisdom.
I will keep this book and in a few years go through it ag
Oct 11, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I have read many devotionals and I have to say this is down on the far bottom end of a list of recommendations. I expected much more from a devotional by Billy Graham. While there were some gems in there, overall it was a bunch of anecdotes trying to prove the verse of the day. I wanted to put it down halfway through the year but kept plugging away. Was not worth the commitment. I highly recommend trying a different devo.
John Ham
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: yhwh

We enjoyed our year with these daily devotions and will seek out another collection from Billy Graham. Especially nice was the way in which he seemed to step down from the pulpit to sit alongside the reader to share his reflections on a passage from scripture then to pray together, as much for himself as for the reader.
Gerald Grappi
Nov 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nov 28th
"Workless Faith"
To be informed and educated with information that will help me live Life is something that I fully embrace.
"You see that a man is justified by works and not by Faith alone".
Jun 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful devotional!
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This book is my favorite devotional. Billy Graham's wisdom and inspiring words help me to begin each day. I would recommend this book to anyone.
One of the best!

Billy Graham writes with total purity, simplicity , heart and hope. He brings Gods promises to life in a very meaningful way.
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Nightly devotion for 2017
Highly recommend. This was a great devotion book, I would read again. I love and respect Billy Graham.
Jan 14, 2017
Isaac Johnson
Aug 10, 2016
David Bradburn
Dec 22, 2015
Jul 08, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • What the Bible is All About Bible Handbook
  • The MacArthur Daily Bible: Read through the Bible in one year, with notes from John MacArthur
  • I Saw the Lord: A Wake-Up Call for Your Heart
  • Prayer: A Holy Occupation
  • Living Beyond the Limits: A Life in Sync with God
  • The Life God Blesses: The Secret of Enjoying God's Favor
  • Declaring God's Word: A 365-Day Devotional
  • The Power Of Praying Together
  • A Woman and Her God
  • Fascinating Stories of Forgotten Lives: Rediscovering Some Old Testament Characters
  • How to Pray
  • Heart of the Matter: Daily Reflections for Changing Hearts and Lives
  • Prodigals and Those Who Love Them
  • Captured by Grace: No One Is Beyond the Reach of a Loving God
  • Power for Living
  • A Life of Obedience
  • The Shelter of God's Promises
  • Life Lessons with Max Lucado: Book Of Hebrews
Billy Graham was an American evangelical Christian evangelist and an ordained Southern Baptist minister. Graham is best known for his evangelistic missions or “Crusades.” He believed God knew no borders or nationalities. Throughout his career, Graham preached to millions around the world. He met and prayed with every U. S. president from Dwight Eisenhower to Barack Obama.

Graham authored 34 books,
More about Billy Graham...

Nonfiction Deals

• A Room of One's Own
  • Life in a Medieval City
  • Untangled: Guiding Teenage Girls Through the Seven Transitions into Adulthood
    $12.99 $1.99
  • Weekends at Bellevue: Nine Years on the Night Shift at the Psych E.R.
  • Triggers: Creating Behavior That Lasts--Becoming the Person You Want to Be
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Clear Your Clutter with Feng Shui
  • Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man
    $7.24 $1.99

“        Do all the good you can,         By all the means you can,         In all the ways you can,         In all the places you can,         At all the times you can,         To all the people you can,         As long as ever you can.” 6 likes
“The Christian faith has become a cheap faith because we too often live as if it has no value. We complain when the preacher runs over a few minutes on the Sunday sermon and consider it a great inconvenience to return to services once or twice more in the same week. No wonder so much of the world does not consider our faith relevant when we are not even willing to give of our time, much less our freedom or lives, for what we say we believe in.” 4 likes