Start by marking “The Acid-Alkaline Diet for Optimum Health: Restore Your Health by Creating pH Balance in Your Diet” as Want to Read:

This expanded second edition provides the latest information on restoring your body’s acid-alkaline balance

• Discusses the role of enzyme supplements, prebiotic and probiotic complexes, and antioxidants in neutralizing and eliminating acids

• Addresses the relationship of proper hydration to essential enzyme activity and acid elimination

• Outlines a sample alkaline
Published July 10th 2006 by Healing Arts Press (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Acid-Alkaline Diet for Optimum Health, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Acid-Alkaline Diet for Optimum Health

Start your review of The Acid-Alkaline Diet for Optimum Health: Restore Your Health by Creating pH Balance in Your Diet
Loree
Dec 27, 2008 rated it liked it
good book for an introduction to this dietary theory.
Genoa Yox
Jan 28, 2018 rated it did not like it
Really basic book without much new info.
Tamara Bell
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Required reading for college

Still informative however a bit dry. There are some interesting takeaways present here though if you can have the patience to get through it.
Alpha
Jul 22, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
"I bought this book because of some friends, mostly from Team Beachbody, told me as well as my co-worker Tim who himself commits to a very akaline diet. I am on this health binge as of late and this book helped out a lot. There are a lot of foods that I really like and now I know there is more to my diet and my internal environment thanks to this book.

This book goes into detail about the pH balance of your body and how having too much acid, or being in an acidified state, can be harmful and
Susan Gast
Aug 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: food-and-health
Christopher Vasey's book brings up great points regarding making sure our bodies are not overly acidic. He covers the need to have a proper pH balance, and how to achieve it.

A sign of a book I deem "good" is when I've got more than 3 post-it notes stuck on pertinent pages. This book received 6 of my post-it notes!

Also a surprise was discovering that some berries are actually quite acidic, yet I naturally assumed that sweet fruits must all be alkaline. Wrong!

I have the revised second edition,
Mike
Apr 18, 2010 rated it did not like it
Quackery, complete and utter quackery. This book takes some reasonably sound natural medicine and marries it with flawed science to provide nothing new. When the author can't get basic facts right (page 6: milk is *not* alkaline, it's actually acidic and does not neutralize acidic poisons), how can his more elaborate yet unsupported theories be trusted. I'll stick to other, more reputable sources of natural medicine for any health tips.
Tiffany Reddick
Jul 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
I found this book helpful since I've not read any other books on the subject. It's eye-opening that much of what we eat is acidic, and a number of conditions are caused by excess acid in the body. Following the guideline of eating more alkaline-than-acid meals seems to help my stomach issues a great deal.
Rhonda Hooks
Aug 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anyone with acid related ailments should read.

So many things in this book are spot regarding in my health and the only thing I've heard to make sense when it comes to fixing them. Taking meds to reduce a problem that only creates another is ridiculous when you can heal yourself by simply changing eating habits.
N.L. Riviezzo
While there was some useful tidbits of information with medical support, there were a lot of redundant segments and sections that contradicted themselves. The writing style was poor and difficult to read.
Karen
Nov 12, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: health-nutrition
Although this book contains some valuable information about maintaining an acid-alkaline balance, it isn't very accessible, and much of the information is redundant. I struggled to complete it for a class.
Louise Armstrong
Jun 08, 2016 rated it liked it
Reasonably useful and made it clear that I'll have to give up mayonnaise as well. Sigh. Seemed to be a fairly balanced explanation of how acid builds up and how to change the balance in your body. Give lists of food, divided by acid/alkaline and also talked about tisanes and products you could use.
Liaken
Jun 16, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: health
This book has some interesting and valuable information. It isn't very accessible in many ways, and the credibility factor is basically "take my word for it." I was expecting more scientific background in this book.
Sheila
Jun 22, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I learned how to eat a little more healthier and tame my ongoing bladder issues! It amazed me how acidic I was. YUCK! Now I'm on the road to a better me!
Patricio Ramal
Jul 06, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: health
A good balance of information and rationale behind the acid-alkaline theory combined with useful tips, recipes and information to help achieve that balance. Don't put it away after reading it, but rather keep it in your kitchen to consult from time to time.
Melissa
interesting and informative.
Eileen Morey
Dec 03, 2012 rated it liked it
Good info and very sensible approach to eating.
Yoli
Sep 13, 2008 rated it liked it
Very interesting, yet difficult to understand at times. I find I have to read the same paragraph twice or three times to really absorb the information. However, Iam enjoying it
waking beasts
Jul 20, 2008 rated it liked it
This book had been fairly interesting as far as learning about the number of foods which would logically seem to produce alkalinity in the body but in fact produce acid...
Sue
Feb 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! Nutrition is complicated. This book uses easy terminology and is easy to impliment
Christian
Jan 29, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: healthy-living
Very informative and helpful.
Marlena
Nov 24, 2008 rated it it was amazing
biochemically insightful.
Yuriy Ivanchenko
May 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: health
concentrates mostly on how to remedy the overly excessive acidic diet of most Americans
Jackie Atkins
Jul 21, 2010
Sandra Fleury
May 01, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Alkaline 5 Diet: Lose Weight, Heal Your Health Problems and Feel Amazing!
  • The DASH Diet Mediterranean Solution: The Best Eating Plan to Control Your Weight and Improve Your Health for Life
  • The Daniel Cure: The Daniel Fast Way to Vibrant Health
  • The Captain's Daughter
  • The Wife and the Widow
  • The Summer of Sunshine and Margot
  • The Last Affair
  • The Mediterranean Zone: Unleash the Power of the World's Healthiest Diet for Superior Weight Loss, Health, and Longevity
  • 10 Blind Dates
  • How Not to Diet: The Groundbreaking Science of Healthy, Permanent Weight Loss
  • In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto
  • Those Who Are Loved
  • Sweating Sickness: In a Nutshell
  • The Woman with the Alabaster Jar: Mary Magdalen and the Holy Grail
  • The Gospel of Mary Magdalene
  • The Blackened Heart (Six Tudor Queens #1.5)
  • The Meaning of Mary Magdalene: Discovering the Woman at the Heart of Christianity
  • At the Edge of the Orchard