Start by marking “I Wouldn't Have Missed It: Selected Poems” as Want to Read:
I Wouldn't Have Missed It: Selected Poems

I Wouldn't Have Missed It: Selected Poems

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  78 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
I Wouldn't Have Missed It: Selected Poems of Ogden Nash represents in one distinguished volume the whole sweep of the "undisputed laureate" in his field, who was "probably the most quoted of contemporary American poets, with a larger and more appreicative audience than any other poet." This new and final collection selected by his daughters gathers together more than four ...more
Published September 1st 1975 by Little Brown & Co (T)

To ask other readers questions about I Wouldn't Have Missed It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Wouldn't Have Missed It

Terry
Oct 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like to start my day with a poem or two, so I’m always on the lookout for good poetry anthologies. I’m not sure why Ogden Nash jumped out at me at the Dinky Town Book House, but somewhere in my youth I was introduced to his poems, so couldn't help myself in purchasing this one. This anthology, published in 1975, includes poems throughout Nash’s career, ranging from 1930 to 1972 (a year after his death) so one gets a good picture and feeling for the poet’s work. I do think I enjoy his earlier w ...more
Skylar Burris
Dec 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry
A large collection of varying quality, but overall the poems are smart and funny. It took me a long time to read because I don't think Ogden Nash is someone to be read in large chunks. A few poems a week will do you.
David Allen
Jan 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
I was dreading this, fearing Nash would be like Nipsey Russell, but these poems turn out to be smart, delightful and full of surprises. The varied line lengths, the misspellings to drive home a rhyme, make the best of these dance on the page, and the subject matter is often acerbic or pleasantly odd.
Charliece
Feb 18, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-and-loved
Some of his poems are dated, as they refer to current events and people of mid-20th century New York, but many are timeless, pithy and jolt one's sense of self-righteousness, like "Grandpa is Ashamed"

A child need not be very clever
To learn that "Later, dear" means "Never."
Katie Smith
Jul 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
My must-read poetry collection. Witty, dry, and occasionally surprising in his emotion. Nash is a gem.
Mary Tuley
Aug 20, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everybody!
I have SUCH a weakness for Ogden Nash.
Driney
Jun 30, 2010
R.K. Cowles
Jun 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Frederic Ogden Nash was an American poet well known for his light verse. At the time of his death in 1971, the New York Times said his "droll verse with its unconventional rhymes made him the country's best-known producer of humorous poetry".
More about Ogden Nash