Start by marking “Honor Bound (The Witchblade Chronicles #1)” as Want to Read:
Honor Bound (The Witchblade Chronicles #1)

Honor Bound (Witchblade Chronicles #1)

3.54  ·  Rating details ·  553 Ratings  ·  44 Reviews
7 years ago a woman with too many secrets and a man with too many lies fell in love. Then she left him.

Isabel's quiet life as an assistant to one of London's famous apothecaries hides a deadly secret. A secret that could see her put on trial for witchcraft if the authorities uncover the truth. But when the authority figure who turns up at her shop is Sir Nicholas Merritt,
Published February 15th 2011 by C.J. Archer

To ask other readers questions about Honor Bound, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Honor Bound

Erin
Find this and other reviews at: http://flashlightcommentary.blogspot....

Just my opinion, but I don't think drawing comparison to Gabaldon or Gregory was the way to go here. C.J. Archer's Honor Bound is good, definitely worth the $2.99 it is currently listed for on Amazon, but it doesn't have a thing either title. Even as a tease, the line seems ostentatious and arrogant.

That said, I liked the book. I spent a lot of time wondering when Isabel's secret was going to be incorporated into the plot an
Laurie
May 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Forced by circumstance to abandon her absentee husband, six years ago Isabel fled to London. In London, she reclaimed her maiden name and established a new life for herself as an apothecary’s assistant.

When he entered Shawe’s Apothecary, Nicolas Merritt never expected to find his estranged wife in charge. On a clandestine mission to uncover the identity of the person responsible for the failed attempt to poison the Queen, he is investigating the personnel at Shawe’s Apothecary as the owner tops
Angel **Book Junkie**
Dec 21, 2011 rated it did not like it
I am truly sorry to have to give this book a 1 star but I got to 2% on my Kindle and gave up. It was all over the place. I love me a good romance but, if reading a book feels like screeching teeth it has to go.
Belinda Kroll
Starla B
Dec 28, 2011 rated it liked it
This was a pretty good story. I enjoyed it. The reason I read this book was the title of the series: The Witchblade Chronicles. There is a comic named Witchblade, which was turned into a 2-series television show I absolutely loved. When I saw the title of this series, I thought it might have something to do with the same ideas. It did not, but by the time I realized it I was already involved with the characters. I might read the next book in the series.
Amanda
Dec 11, 2011 rated it did not like it
Just couldn't get into.
Barbara Russell
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great story. It has everything, a detailed historical setting, strong protagonists, romance, action and adventure.
Stephanie (Once Upon a Chapter)
Linda Andrews
Jul 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
I'm not exactly a fan of mideveal novels. The conventions of the time period make me squirm but I was very intriqued by the premise and picked up the book. I'm very glad I did. Honor Bound is quirky and poignant. The love between Isabel and Nick is palpable but their lack of trust and their secrets is tearing them apart. Now a plot against the queen puts both of them in jeopardy and they have to work together if either of them expect to have a future. Ms. Archer is to be commended in her use of ...more
April
Aug 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
I very much enjoyed this story even though somewhat surprisingly was graced with a hot sex scene very early in the book (right after where the sample ended, as it happens) which surprised me because it didn't come off as that type of story but it wasn't a black mark against it either.

The mystery seemed to take a back seat to the romance but wasn't left out of the equation completely and though I would have liked to have explored more of the current investigation and more of the previous one that
Sharon Jenni
Jun 21, 2012 rated it liked it
The book kept my interest. Isabel, the main character, is a witch and if it becomes known she will be killed. The age old story of someone using the difference of a person to manipulate and scare is one of the themes of the book. However, Isabel does not allow prejudices of others to dictate her actions or lower her standards when the life of an enemy is in balance. I skipped a few of the pages of the book.
Adrianna Morgan
Feb 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. I read a lot of historical romance, so it surprised me to hear than some reviewers thought it was not unique? Name five other historical romances that contain the same elements. You have historical romance, paranormal, suspense, mystery and thriller wrapped up in a neat little package. It was very well written and I will be reading the next book in the series.
Marti
Feb 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
This was very readable with a nice, swiftly moving plot. It was set in Elizabethan times and was basically a mystery. There was some reference to witchcraft but it wasn’t the main focus of the book. In the main, it was a book about love lost and re-found. I really enjoyed this easy-reading book. (itunes free download.)
Colleen
The book was enjoyable, however I found it more of a romance than anything paranormal. The "witchcraft" was the least part mentioned in the story, and the majority of the plot lolled around lost love and reconnecting the relationship. Overall, not a bad read, just not at all what I expected from the description or name. I'd read more of the series; just not right away.
Sara Collins
Feb 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
I picked this book because the idea of mixing paranormal with the Tudor period intrigued me and I wasn't disappointed. I thought the writing was very good and the love story set against the back drop of a treason subplot was interesting. I found myself rooting for the Isabel and Nicholas the whole way through and didn't get tired of the will they won't they aspect.
Wendy Tavenner
Feb 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved the book. I could not put it down. Isabel is living In a time where witches were hanged and she had to hide her powers from everyone even her husband she left 6 yrs ago. You have murder, intrigue, mystery, treason, acceptance and love all wrapped up in a wonderful read!!!!
Kayla Lovins
Mar 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
I was pleasantly surprised by this book. I wasn't sure if it would be something I would enjoy but I did. The only thing I didn't much care for was the ending. But other than that it was a really good read. I'm now starting on the second book in the series and I can't put it down.
Amber
Feb 04, 2012 rated it liked it
I could have done without the descriptive intimacy in this book. I guess its a small fraction better if they are married, but I didn't enjoy how descriptive it was. Kind of silly how they misunderstood each other the whole time. Seriously, just talk it out people.
Melissa J. Katano
Sep 03, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: paranormal
Hard to classify this book....historical romance with faint traces of paranormal.... I think that because I was expecting more of the paranormal, it colored my expectations for the story....not bad, but not what I was expecting...
Melinda
Mar 24, 2012 rated it it was ok
Historical Romance. Story seemed to drag at times. Wasn't for me.
Rebecca (Beckee)
Nov 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book very much. I really liked the characters Ash, Nick, and Isabell. I definetly be reading the next in the series.
Elsie
Sep 01, 2013 rated it liked it
it was okay... not sure if I'm going to bother with the second book in the series.
Jenny
Dec 19, 2011 rated it it was ok
This is definitely a typical romance novel, set it the times of Queeen Elizabeth I and with a supernatural twist. Not my usual fair, but not horrible to read.
Rita
Jan 20, 2012 rated it liked it
It was easy to read but I found the story line get a little tedious and towards the end, it feels like the author just wants to be done with. Other than that, I enjoyed the story.
This was really good.
Brandy *Ahviel*
could not wait to get to the end. loved turning every page to see what would happen next
Jessica
Jan 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
I actually quite enjoyed this book for some reason.

However, I figured out who the culprit was early on :(
Krystle
Dec 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable!
Rosepetal78
Nov 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed reading this book. Great job Ms. Archer!
Rachel
Might have been four except for the gratuitous sex scenes and completely, utterly unbelievable historical setting.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 02, 2017 03:18PM
  • Heart of a Knight
  • Druid's Daughter (Garland of Druids, #1)
  • Texas Hold Him
  • The Last Killiney (Ravenna Evans, #1)
  • Wild Desire (Wild, #2)
  • Bound by the Heart
  • The Bride Price (Civil War Brides, #1)
  • Dark Prelude
  • The Deadliest Sin
  • The Privateer
  • Fated
  • Silken Threads (Wexford Family, #1; Lords of Conquest, #1)
  • Love's Magic (Boadicea, #1)
  • Legacy
  • A Storm of Love, A Novella
  • The English Heiress
  • That Voodoo You Do (That Old Black Magic, #1)
  • Photographs & Phantoms (Gaslight Chronicles, #2)
C.J. Archer has loved history and books for as long as she can remember and feels fortunate that she found a way to combine the two. She spent her early childhood in the dramatic beauty of outback Queensland, Australia, but now lives in suburban Melbourne with her husband, two children and a mischievous black & white cat named Coco.

While she has written historical romance in the past, she now
More about C.J. Archer...

Witchblade Chronicles (2 books)
  • Kiss of Ash (The Witchblade Chronicles, #2)