Start by marking “Cerco a Macindaw (Rangers - Ordem dos Arqueiros, #6)” as Want to Read:
Cerco a Macindaw (Rangers - Ordem dos Arqueiros, #6)

Cerco a Macindaw (Ranger's Apprentice #6)

4.33  ·  Rating details ·  42,708 Ratings  ·  1,239 Reviews
Nessa nova história, o arqueiro Will Barton, também conhecido como Will Tratado, vai enfrentar grandes perigos para derrotar Keren, um cavaleiro renegado que tomou posse do castelo Macindaw. Além de expulsar Orman, o herdeiro do trono, o vilão também está mantendo Alyss, mensageira do reino e grande amiga de Will, prisioneira no local. Will arma um plano audacioso para ret ...more
Published January 1st 2010 by Fundamento (first published May 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Cerco a Macindaw, please sign up.

Asteropê Someone numbered the wrong. They were going by chronological story-line, not the official publication order. I have edited and changed them to the…moreSomeone numbered the wrong. They were going by chronological story-line, not the official publication order. I have edited and changed them to the official, publication listing, which puts them as such:

5. The Sorcerer in the North (2006)
aka The Sorcerer of the North
6. The Siege of Macindaw (2009)
7. Erak's Ransom (2006)

Series can have listing that differ, to account for chronological story-lines, but as far as I know, the main, official series list should follow the official, publication order. (less)

Kathleen
And thus the two-book adventure in wintry Norgate comes to a close. Fair winds to the Skandians, particularly Gundar Hardstriker. Farewell to the brilliant healer, the tender-hearted giant, the unpopular chamberlain. Au revoir to Horace and Alyss. We'll see you again, no doubt. Come visit me at Seacliff.

3.75 stars (good but too predictable). I rounded it up to 4 stars because it's such a heartwarming book, with a sweet finish. No sex, no cussing, but beware of some bloody battles and scary super
Alicia O'Carrick
This series is wonderful. Absolutely wonderful. It's full of beautiful kingdoms and fiefs, epic action sequences and strategic planning, slight humor every now and again that makes my sides hurt laughing, and characters that I want to cuddle so hard. It's the best series I've read in a long time, and as of now, it stands as my favorite.

I'm halfway through and everything is still such a blast. I can't wait to see what the other half looks like.
Ahmad Sharabiani
The Siege of Macindaw (Ranger's Apprentice, #6), John Flanagan
عنوان: محاصره مکینداو - جنگاوران جوان کتاب ششم؛ نویسنده: جان فلنگان؛ مترجم: فائزه اثناعشری؛ تهران، افق، 1393، در 405 ص؛ نقشه، شابک: 9786003530362؛ موضوع: داستانهان کودکان از نویسندگان انگلیسی قرن 21 م
Dan
Feb 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Quite good!
Johanna
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Yes, I actually read this book in one day … It’s rather surprising what you manage to read when you have neither a smartphone nor a computer at hand. xD
The Siege of Macindaw is the sixth book of the Ranger’s Apprentice series. It starts immediately after the ending of book five. Alyss is still stuck in Macindaw, Will is hiding with the ‘magician’ in the forest and Horace is making his way north. This is the culmination of everything that was started in the last book. The character threats and pl
Rebecca L. Snowe
Dec 20, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, 2015-reads
Ok so I gave this book one star because it was that bad. Really was it that bad? yes it was that bad and more.
I was so disappointed in this sixth book of the Ranger's Apprentice series! The first four books where so great and this one fell utterly short. I HAD hoped after reading the last book and being bored out of my mind that this next one would pick up a little, boy did it not.
Quiet frankly it got to be a chore reading it by the end of the book and I was jumping in my seat waiting to get do
Mike (the Paladin)
Jun 18, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I've found these books to be sort of, "uneven". I liked the early books, but the sequence concerning Will's captivity lost me some what as I found my interest waning. A lot of this will of course be somewhat personal and subjective and apply to me, some will I suppose find it to be true for them others less so. I found my interest in this YA series picking back up somewhat in the last couple of books (aside from my annoyance at the blatant cliffhanger with which the book before this ended).

Let m
❝Caisee❞
this one just didn't do it for me, I thought it was really disappointing after the first 5!! still good.... But just not as exciting as the previous books. hopefully the next one is better.
rissabean
Jan 19, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
They just keep getting better and better!!!!
C.B. Cook
Oct 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sadly lacking in Halt... but somehow still amazing!
Tricia Mingerink
Jan 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Also not my favorite of the series. Once again, Halt is only in it very briefly, and Tug is barely mentioned.
Edgar Arias
May 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
****spoiler Alert****

He's not resting until shes right next to his side and until he does hes going to do the impossible for her. This book is an adventure,action,type of story. i give this book a five out of five cause its so good.

This story takes place mainly in Macindaw the castle and also Grimsdell wood where it is in the woods. So when we left of Will made a promise to Alyss that he would save her and get her back. Will in needing of an army and does which he finds the skandians and offer
Rachel Lightwood
The Siege of Macindaw was much better than The Sorcerer in the North. I was glad to have Horace back - his and Will's relationship (and banter!) is becoming one of my favourite part of the series. I liked seeing them work together without Halt or Crowley or any of the other mentors. And getting some Skandians back on the scene was fantastic. They always supply some comic relief and epic fight sequences.

Overall, a great sequel. I look forward to getting some answers in Erak's Ransom.
Lexie ~ semi-hiatus ~
7/10. This book was very good. It had great action, and I adored the characters and loved the writing style as always.
Tara
Jan 09, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My favourite in the series. Probably the funniest.
Cordelianne
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: in-library
The story was very well built up and I loved how Will and Horace managed to get back the castle by keeping a cool head and a very creative strategy!
Phleghm
I will make this 'review' for this and the previous book, as they cannot be separated in any way. Story wise, ofcourse. Page wise, they obviously have been.

There are a few major complaints I have about this 5 year time skip. I generally love time skips. It moves a story forward, characters can develop in more drastic ways, a lot of things can change, and the need to adapt to the new setting is generally very enjoyable. But, this one annoyed me.

Will, as such, didn't change. One tiny bit. His skil
Marjolein
Read all my reviews on http://urlphantomhive.booklikes.com

Because of the Ranger's Apprentice Day I recently attended with my youngest sister (and the following meet-and-greet with the author) I decided it was time to read more books in the Ranger's Apprentice series and start where I left off.

The Siege of Macindaw is the sixth instalment of the series and forms one story together with the fifth book. The main thing happening in this book is the actual siege.

I was a little bit disappointed tha
Hannah
I am slowing down with this series and toying with the idea of handing them all off to my niblings without finishing the rest.

The middle school boys I taught this year were all over the books in this series, but while I love training-the-hero stories and especially fantasy without magic, I find myself wanting something a little more grown-up.
Cindy
3,5/5 Traag gestart met veel verwijzingen naar vorige boeken wat het voor ons wat saaier maakte want we lezen ze vlak na mekaar. Maar dan weer geweldige nevenpersonages, actie en spanning. Of zoals oudste zoon het zei: nog een hoofdstukje mama?! Dus met twee weer genoten en op naar deel 7!
Alexa
Jul 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really loved this book! It's so cool to see Will on his own now, though I do miss Halt a lot :(. I kinda wish there had been more of him in the book, but I guess Will would never grow up then. *sigh*
Darien Rodgers
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: personal
I loved this book, it was filled with action, adventure, suspense and has a good sense of humor.
Thea
Jan 20, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow, so after a few months, I finally chose to get back to this series again; figured I should finish the book since I was interrupted by the book's due date, hence why I couldn't complete it the first time. But now, I finished! Yay for me~ *small claps*

Let's begin!

Story:
The Siege of Macindaw begins where the previous installment of the series left off: Will and his friends find a way to take back Castle Macindaw and save Alyss.

That's it. That's the summary and the main point of this book XD

Si
Irene
Jun 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Upper elementary and middle school readers; fans of fantasy
Shelves: children
Omkar K.
This was a really good book, and I enjoyed until the very last page. It was full of twists and turns, and surprises. It also had a lot of emotion which helped you connect with the main character. Also it had action pretty much throughout the book, and it doesn't get boring. I would recommend this series to anyone who liked the Harry Potter, and the Percy Jackson series.
Aaron Rooney
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this whole series, the characters were amazing and really made the story something special.
Inga
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Stāsta nobeigums no iepriekšējās sērijas grāmatas. Bija labs. Galvenais varonis sāk pieaugt un skatās uz meitenēm :)
Graham Corcoran
Apr 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The siege of macindaw consists of violence, emotions, and a good sap up of the whole book. Violence comes when ranger will and his lead ranger alyss, plot to take out wacindaw, and to bring the fight to the Araluen kingdom. The best part is the part when ranger will is forced into hiding, which is a perfect lead up for the upcoming books in the future. The flow of the book was sketchy, but it all made up for a good ending. I would recommend this book to any 13-18 cause it is a good book, but it ...more
Cindy
Mar 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just wonderful. And a great way to end this sort arc
Bailey Marissa
(4.4)

It's a slower book but the relationships between Will and Horace and Will and Alyss are the best parts of the book.

Speaking of Alyss and Will, the romance is 100/10 and the cutest thing ever (view spoiler).

Recommended 13+ for violence, some language (less than 10 words), and clean romance.
  • The Horn of Moran (Adventurers Wanted, #2)
  • Player's Ruse (Knight and Rogue, #3)
  • Rage of Lions (Wereworld, #2)
  • Attack of the Fiend (The Last Apprentice / Wardstone Chronicles, #4)
  • Apartment 255
  • Ondskabens engel (Den store djævlekrig, #4)
  • The Squire's Quest (The Squire's Tales, #9)
  • The Fiend and the Forge (The Tapestry, #3)
  • The Way of the Sword (Young Samurai, #2)
  • The Hidden Coronet (Relic Master, #3)
  • Sir Quinlan and the Swords of Valor (The Knights of Arrethtrae, #5)
  • Ironhand (Stoneheart Trilogy, #2)
  • The Rise of the Wyrm Lord (The Door Within, #2)
  • Orphan of Destiny (The Youngest Templar, #3)

For mysteries by this same author, see John A. Flanagan.

John Flanagan grew up in Sydney, Australia, hoping to be a writer. It wasn't until he wrote a highly uncomplimentary poem about a senior executive at the agency where he worked, however, that his talent was revealed. It
More about John Flanagan...

Ranger's Apprentice (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Ruins of Gorlan (Ranger's Apprentice, #1)
  • The Burning Bridge (Ranger's Apprentice, #2)
  • The Icebound Land (Ranger's Apprentice, #3)
  • The Battle for Skandia (Ranger's Apprentice, #4)
  • The Sorcerer in the North (Ranger's Apprentice, #5)
  • Erak's Ransom (Ranger's Apprentice, #7)
  • The Kings of Clonmel (Ranger's Apprentice, #8)
  • Halt's Peril (Ranger's Apprentice, #9)
  • The Emperor of Nihon-Ja (Ranger's Apprentice, #10)
  • The Lost Stories (Ranger's Apprentice, #11)
“Any sign of them yet? he asked. Will looked at him. 'Yes', he said. 'A party of fifty Scotti came though just twenty minutes ago'.
Really? Horace looked startled. He wasn't fully awake yet. Will rolled his eyes to heaven. 'Oh, my word, yes', he said. 'They were riding on oxen and playing bagpipes and drums. Of course not,' he went on. 'If they had come past, I would have woken you-if only to stop your snoring'.
I don't snore', Horace said, with dignity. Will raised his eyebrows. 'Is that so?' he said. 'Then in that case, you'd better chase out that colony of walruses who are in the tent with you...of course you snore.”
314 likes
“Will looked up angrily, shaking his head in disbelief.
Will you shut up? he said tautly.
Horace shrugged in apology. 'I'm sorry' he said, I sneezed. A person can't help it when they sneeze.
Perhaps not. But you could try to make it sound a little less like an elephant trumpeting in agony; Will told him. ”
252 likes