Start by marking “Doms of Dark Haven 2: Western Nights (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #4)” as Want to Read:
Doms of Dark Haven 2: Western Nights (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #4)

Doms of Dark Haven 2: Western Nights

(Truckee Wolves #3)

A Good sub Would... by Sierra Cartwright
Genre: BDSM Erotic Contemporary

Shelby, a wanna-be sub, hasn’t found a Dom strong enough to push past her need to be in control. Her experiences as a sub have been yawn-inducing. She’s fantasized plenty, though, about Trevor Lawton, one of Dark Haven’s legendary, mouthwateringly firm Doms.

As the stakes ge
Published May 17th 2011 by Loose Id, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Doms of Dark Haven 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doms of Dark Haven 2

Club Shadowlands by Cherise SinclairBreaking Free by Cherise SinclairDark Citadel by Cherise SinclairMake Me, Sir by Cherise SinclairLean on Me by Cherise Sinclair
Gateway to BDSM
664 books — 828 voters
Club Shadowlands by Cherise SinclairBreaking Free by Cherise SinclairDark Citadel by Cherise SinclairMake Me, Sir by Cherise SinclairMaster of the Mountain by Cherise Sinclair
BDSM Fiction
1,043 books — 1,346 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Doms of Dark Haven 2: Western Nights (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #4)
Nomad
Aug 17, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: cherise-sinclair
Well, I had bought both Dark Haven books at the same time and thus read them one right after another. All told, it took 2 days per book. I guess I'm a fast reader? Once again this is a shared world anthology of BDSM stories that have the club Dark Haven, owner Issac and receptionist Destiny in common. After that though, everything is different and each author tells a very different story. Like last time the book was uneven, each of these authors has a very different writing style and some of tho ...more
Nia
Jul 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Virgil, Virgil, Virgil. Just when you think you've read every Dom story out there, Cherise Sinclair comes along and writes one of the sweetest, kindest, and most lovable Doms. Virgil was sweet, analytical, hot and sensitive. His connection with Summer was absolute perfection and it just felt right from the very start. Without the need for a long story, you'll definitely get your Dom fix. Worth all 5 stars!

My rating is based on the third part of this book only.
Judi
May 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
Yee-haw! Giddy-up cowboy or girl!

So like Doms of Dark Haven 1, I purchased this antho because one of the stories was by Cherise Sinclair.

All three shorts were hot and entertaining and keeping with the western theme contained ropin' and ridin' and buckin' broncos.

A Good Sub Would by Sierra Cartwright

My favorite story in this antho.

It’s winner take all in a high stakes poker game. Place your bets and takes your chances and maybe win a win a pretty sub for the
Ni_kii

It's Cowboy night at Darkhaven. What will those naughty Cowboy's and Cowgirl's get up to?

A Good Sub Would - Sierra Cartwright (5 Stars)

Shelby has flown in especially to be topped by Master David at theme night at Darkhaven. A friend for years, Shelby enjoys being playing with the generous lawyer, but therein lies the problem; playing at submitting is all that Shelby does with David. Master Trevor is a legend amongst the subs. Known as “harsh, but fair”, every sub wants to be mastered by hi/>
Sassafrass
May 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
A review for The Romance Reviews.

DOMS OF DARK HAVEN 2: WESTERN NIGHT has three great stories by three fantastic authors who all returned back to Dark Haven for a western-themed party night.

A Good Sub Would... by Sierra Cartwright

Shelby has liked playing sub with her friend and sometimes Dom David when she feels like it. But at Dark Haven's Western Night, she can't help but wonder what it would be like with Master Trevor. His unyielding dominance is the stuff of fantasies
Dina
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-reads
5 aweseome Cherise Sinclair stars!!

Loved the books in this anthology!

AWESOMENESS!!
Eurynome
Did not finished the book in the middle, guess I don't want to read about werewolves and stuff.
ᴥ Irena ᴥ
Three stories with Western Night theme at the club. Same as in the first anthology, all three at least start there and you see a scene from the previous story.

A Good sub Would… by Sierra Cartwright
In Doms of Dark Haven I didn't like the use of 'slut' in Sierra Cartwright's story and it's the same thing here. It starts with a friendly game of poker where Trevor wins a week with Shelby.

Hunting Holly by Belinda McBride
This time I knew it's a paranormal story, so there were no surprise/>Hunting/>A
Michael Dunellen
Aug 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: genre-anthology
So my main complaint about Doms of Dark Haven was that all three stories were about inexperienced submissives who all meet experienced Doms who sweep them off their feet. That didn't make them bad, just very much the same.

These three stories are very, very different.

Shelby had been playing the part of a submissive for years. The problem was that she was only playing the part. Trevor was more than willing to get her to stop playing and make it real. I have complained before abo
 ~*~Princess Nhya~*~
Jul 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I read only the novella by Cherise Sinclair in this one, for her Masters of the Mountain Series. This review is based upon that novella only.

I loved this story. It's brief, only 12 chapters, but you get alot of info on the main charcters Virgil, & Summer. These two fit together perfectly. There is not only a mutual affection between these two that you feel, but also passion, respect, and devotion.

How these two are brought together is quite believable, even a little am
Cyn Mistress Kitty
#1 A good Sub Would was good. The hero was a little too much for my liking and it had a little too much punishment for me. I would give it 3.5-4 stars.

#2 Hunting Holly was my least favorite and I had a hard time understanding what was going on because I haven't read any of her other books. I would give it 2.5-3 stars.

#3 Welcome to the Dark Side was my absolute favorite. I loved, loved, loved Virgil the reluctant Dom. He is such a perfect Master and the kind of man I would
Margaret
Jul 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bdsm, erotic-fiction
This is the second book in the Doms of Dark Haven anthology. Like the first, it's Sierra Cartwright, Belinda McBride and Cherise Sinclair sharing BDSM short fictions. I actually managed to read all three of the stories, even though paranormal shifter erotica isn't my cup of tea. The stories are well written and pretty realistic. If someone new to BDSM were to find the stories, they'd get a fairly realistic idea of what to expect. Again, as with the other, story progression is sped up, but at lea ...more
Linda
May 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A return to the Doms of Dark Haven <3
Sierra Cartwrights A Good sub would - Shelby gets a chance to experience a more firm Dom when shes lost in a game of poker. This turns out to be the week of her life. Could it become more?
Belinda McBrides Hunting Holly - Holly left her pack a year ago, now Tex and Hunter finally catches up with her at Dark Haven, and shes finally ready to submit.
Cherise Sinclairs Welcome to the Dark Side - Summer got burned by a Dom who didnt acknowledge her s
Eileen
Oct 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
A Good Sub Would...by Sierra Cartwright. good story. loved Master Trevor teaching Shelby how to be a sub. everything she was afraid to ask for and more.
Hunting Holly by Belinda McBride. another interesting story with shifters in Dark Haven. Holly, Tex and Hunter all together. Will we ever know if there is a spy in Dark Haven? hmmm.
Welcome to the Dark Side by Cherise Sinclair. I'm glad to see Summer back and get a story of her own to recover from her incident in Rona's story. It's bee
cjbt57
Feb 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Loved, loved, loved Virgil and Summer's story! It felt like its own little book and I was so happy with their character and love story development. I would give this one 4 stars.

I wasn't really into Sierra Cartwright's story. I didn't feel like those two characters connected on a deep level even though they were having hot BDSM scenes. I didn't feel like I got to know the male character as much as I could've and frankly, I thought he was a jerk most of the time. Eh. Maybe 2 stars for
Laura (Kyahgirl)
4.5 Stars, A

Three stories by the same three authors who did the first anthology. Rated separately I'd give 4 starts to the Sierra Cartwright and Belinda McBride stories and 5 stars to the Cherise Sinclair story.

I really enjoyed the shapeshifter story presented by Belinda McBride and hope she writes more about the Truckee pack in the future.
Michelle
Mar 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: part-of-a-series, d-s
So glad we got to read about Summer! The girl that was brutally mistreated at Simon's party. And she hooks up with the sweetest of Doms, Virgil. Who isn't really sure if he should be one. Though this was a short story it felt complete with no short cuts.
Vivian
Aug 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
Three well developed short stories revolving around a single locale. I usually dislike short stories, but this is an exception. Finely executed tales on a theme with subtle differences, including one paranormal offering. Worth the money and the time.
Kathryn
The final novella by Cherise Sinclair is one of the best stories I have read. The romance of the small town sheriff, the protection given to the lost and confused woman. My heart sighed reading this story.
Marulett
Buddy read with Aly

Rating's only for Welcome to the Dark Side by Cherise Sinclair
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...

A Whipped Cream "BEST BOOK"

A Good Sub Would…By Sierra Cartwright

A most masterful, drop-dead-gorgeous and experienced Dom from Dark Haven, who’s a little jaded and in need of someone special to ‘shake up his world’, is about to have his most ardent desires fulfilled…

When Master Trevor wins the delectable, disobedient and ‘badly in need’ of proper training sub, with a winning hand of poker, he makes it his personal mission to educate Shelby. He’ll totally immerse
Zaanodes
“A Good sub Would...” by Sierra Cartwright
“Hunting Holly” by Belinda McBride
“Welcome to the Dark Side” by Cherise Sinclair (also as a single named "Master of the Dark Side"
Angie
Mar 07, 2014 rated it liked it
Synopsis: "A Good sub Would... by Sierra Cartwright
Genre: BDSM Erotic Contemporary

As the stakes get higher at the charity poker match, Dom Trevor Lawton is fascinated by the woman kneeling across the table from him. Probl
 * Kazzy * -aka Stryker-
Doms of Dark Haven 2 was another good read, but again some of the anthologies were better than others. Firstly,

A Good Sub Would by Sierra Cartwright - My least favourite story in the book, just didn't seem to have a strong enough storyline for me, and for some reason, I didnt seem able to connect with the characters very well.

This is the story of Shelby who is frightened to truly submit and will only 'play' with a dom who is a long standing friend, however he is not giving her what sh/>A
Crystal Marie
Dec 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Once again, I was completely shocked with how much I enjoyed all of these books! I can’t wait to start reading other books by these authors in the future!

A Good sub Would... by Sierra Cartwright
4 Paws
While this book started out as very predictable, I still enjoyed it quite a bit. I thought that the author did a great job with a story that it was kinda obvious what was going to happen, but still kept my attention to where I couldn’t wait to find out if I was right in what
t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ t'irla's Talk Book Blog
Apr 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Lovers of Cherise Sinclair and BDSM erotica
More Wonderful stories of Dark Haven and their Doms and Subs...I love every character!

Description:

Genre: BDSM, contemporary
Length: 251 pages
Rating: 5 Diamonds
Heat Level: Erotic
Other: anal/oral play, sex games, BDSM, ménage,
Reviewer: Gabrielle
Date: 9/27/11

These three wonderful authors have done it again. Not only are they great authors in their own right
Oleta Blaylock
Jul 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books
July 27, 2012

Welcome to the Dark Side by Cherise Sinclair

This story has some characters that got their stories in other books. Simon from the first Doms of Dark Haven and the brothers from the Mountain Masters books. This story is about Virgil, cousin to Kallie from Master of the Abyss. I didn't realize the Virgil was a dominant. This is a very emotional and engaging story. Ms. Sinclair writes such a wonderful story. She has packed a lot of emotion and character developme
MsRomanticReads

A Good Sub Would… by Sierra Cartwright

I loved this standalone story for the anthology. In fact, I ended up wishing this had been a part of a series. Shelby wasn’t a bratty sub, she was just not that experienced. But she was a very fast learner. The story moved quickly for they had only one week together. Shelby not only blossomed under him and became the perfect submissive, but they also fell for one another. Trevor realized that he’d been missing a challenge of having a sweet submissive who need
Tanya
Jul 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Another three set story which all happen on the same night within the club Dark Haven.

Book One A Good Sub Would by Sierra Cartwright
Shelby visits the club a few times a year with a friend as she's not from the area. She has played with this friend but it's never been much good for her as he can't dominate her and their isn't much spark. On western night her friend is playing a charity poker match with a delicious Dom Trevor who she has secretly fantasized about for a while. She
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Rebecca and Logan Hunt 3 23 Mar 19, 2013 04:00AM

• My Liege of Dark Haven (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #5)
  • Master of the Abyss (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #3)
  • Edge of the Enforcer (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #6)
  • Master of the Mountain (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #1)
  • Master of Solitude (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #8)
  • Master of the Dark Side (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #4)
  • Simon Says: Mine (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #2)
  • Breaking Free (Masters of the Shadowlands, #3)
  • To Command and Collar (Masters of the Shadowlands, #6)
  • This is Who I Am (Masters of the Shadowlands, #7)
  • Club Shadowlands (Masters of the Shadowlands, #1)
  • Master of Freedom (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven #7; 1001 Dark Nights #16)
  • Dark Citadel (Masters of the Shadowlands, #2)
  • Lean on Me (Masters of the Shadowlands, #4)
  • Make Me, Sir (Masters of the Shadowlands, #5)
  • If Only (Masters of the Shadowlands, #8)
  • Show Me, Baby (Masters of the Shadowlands #8.5; 1001 Dark Nights #7)
  • The Dom's Dungeon
Sierra is a USA Today, International Best-Selling author who wrote her first book at age nine and hasn't stopped since.
Sierra invites you to share the complex journey of love and desire, of surrender and commitment.
Her own journey has taught her that trusting takes guts and courage, and her work is a celebration for everyone who is willing to take that risk.

Truckee Wolves (3 books)
  • Toxic (Truckee Wolves, #1)(Sex and Chocolate)
  • Evangeline of Dark Haven (Truckee Wolves Book 2)
  • Holly of Dark Haven (Truckee Wolves Book 3)
“No. No, I don’t want my hands restrained.”
“Yes. You do.”
6 likes
“My cousin fell in love with a dom, so I checked into it to see if I needed to kill him before they got married.” 6 likes