Start by marking “Fatal Secrets (FBI Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Fatal Secrets (FBI Trilogy, #2)

Fatal Secrets

(FBI Trilogy #2)

12 hours, 31 minutes

DEADLY QUEST

When a top lieutenant in a notorious ring of human traffickers agrees to turn states evidence, Immigration and Customs Enforcement senior agent Sonia Knight believes shell finally take down the illegal operations devilish mastermind, Xavier Jones. But when an FBI sting on Joness criminal enterprise collides with an ICE stakeout, Sonia is
Audiobook, Unabridged
Published May 19th 2009 by Random House Audio (first published January 1st 2009)

Start your review of Fatal Secrets (FBI Trilogy, #2)
Jonetta
Sonia Knight is a senior agent with ICE and her team is in the middle of a sting to take down the kingpin of a major human trafficking empire. Shes almost thwarted when FBI Assistant Director Dean Hooper shows up with a warrant to search the property. After a brief but volatile discussion, they agree to work together as theyre after the same guy even if for separate purposes. As a joint team, they discover and uncover a much larger network.

As with most of the books in these trilogies, this
Robin
Mar 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ICE Agent Sonia Knight is working a stakeout on Xavier Jones, a man suspected of human trafficking, when the FBI shows up. Not wanting to lose all of the work they've put into the case against Jones, Sonia agrees to work with Assistant FBI Director Dean Hooper to take Jones down. As they work the investigation, Dean and Sonia find a group of Chinese Girls have been smuggled into the country and are scheduled to be sold to several buyers in the next few days. Xavier Jones is just the tip of the ...more
CD {Boulder Blvd}
I never connected to the characters and it took a long time to be pulled into the story (about the last 25%). On top of that the romance didn't work for me either. It's hard to say why the book didn't work; AB is a really solid writer. Hopefully others enjoy it more.
Cindi
Nov 08, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fatal Secrets made me cry. Not what you normally expect from a mistress of suspense like Allison Brennan, right? This book is of the same outstanding quality as her others, this storyline is filled with twists and turns galore, and I just loved the realistic characters in it. I guess that may be what made me cry: this is a novel about human trafficking, which is very REAL, very serious! The heroine, Sonia Knight, was in fact herself a victim of this way-too-profitable crime; when she was 13 her ...more
Duchess Nicole
Another pseudo-romance in this romantic suspense. It was a great novel, but again, I get the feeling that the non-existent build up to this relationship was almost an afterthought for this author. Definitely more of a thriller/suspense than romance.

It's frustrating to me that if this had been written by a man, this would never have been thrown under the cloak of a romance novel.

Anyways...the subject of this FBI investigation is sex trafficking, so the subject matter is not for the faint of
Anita
This was not my favorite Allison Brennan book. In fact, I didn't like it much at all. But, then again, I am so not a fan of the human trafficking trope and this book didn't give me a reason to change my mind. When you add the lack luster romance and predictable plot twists, well, enough said.

Diane
May 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read - the heroine is a likeable character, a bit too sensitive for her line of work, but she uses her weakness to do the job. She deals in finding and arresting the scum that deal in human trafficking - a very despicable trade, in my opinion.

A bit of angst and a bit of romance (another one right up your alley Kjen), great detective work, and really bad guys that you just love to hate!

2 thumbs up and 4 stars - Allison Brennan weaves a good story!
Pamela(AllHoney)
The second book in the FBI Trilogy by Allison Brennan. Sonia Knight is an ICE agent and a survivor. FBI agent Dean Hooper is after the mastermind of a human trafficking ring. They are forced to join forces to defeat the bad guys.

Exciting, edge of your seat suspense. Lacks the romance from the older Allison Brennan's books but the suspense makes up for it.
Kayla
Review up on my blog:

Whenever I need a mystery novel fix, Allison Brennan is my first stop. The first novels I read of hers were the Lucy Kincaid series. Her writing keeps you hooked and a constantly guessing at every turn. Plus her books are fast-paced, quick reads that make you eager to see what is in store for the characters.

Fatal Secrets was no different as Sonia and Dean race against time to stop a human trafficking ring and save several young girls from a
Ryann Uden
Dec 03, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ICE agent Sonia Knight is a survivor. She fought back when she was sold as a child and almost caught in the world of human trafficking. Now she fights for those that can't fight for themselves. She's on a stakeout watching a major player when the FBI arrives and she meets Special Agent Dean Hooper (yowsa). They recognize the strength and confidence in each other right away but soon they begin to be more than just partners.

Once again, Brennan pulls you into a story full of both tragedy and hope.
Megan
Jun 30, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
As far as romantic suspense goes, this one had a better romance plot than you get with most books. The subplot with Charlie was necessary, but I don't think it was done well enough...he almost could have been completely written out of the story, except the author felt at least one character should show growth. I felt no attachment to any of the characters and the book just kept going on - it took forever to wrap up to a conclusion.
Darcy
I did like this book and do think that these types of crimes are horrific, but it seemed we were inundated with facts of trafficking time and time again.

I sort of admired Sonia, but didn't really like her. She was so obsessed with her job it seemed to define her and not in a good way. I also thought that Dean was blah.

I more enjoyed seeing more of the Rogan's, who we have heard quite a bit of with in these books.
Melissa
Mar 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ICE and FBI operations collide during an ICE stakeout and ICE senior agent Sonia Knight is furious. She now has to team up with FBI agent Dean Hooper who is investigating the same individual for money-laundering.

Although this was a good story, the topic was a rough one. Human trafficking is never an easy topic to discuss. The author does a nice job detailing the abductions and torture the girls endure without going over the top. What Sonia went through as a child is truly gut-wrenching and I
Meghan
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A strong story and full of great lessons about overcoming tragedy and hardships. There is a good balance of romance with the action and intrigue. The family dynamic between Riley and Sonia was sweet and the respect and developing love between Sonia and Dean was exciting to watch. The sex trafficking trade is brutal and this story did not sugar coat that idea. The flashbacks were detailed, but made the story more vivid and emotional. The violence and evil characters lent more dynamic to this ...more
Theresa
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Holy Cow!! This was a very intense read. There were points that I actually jumped and was shocked at the actions that were taken. And the topic is so real. People don't realize that the topic of human trafficking really does exist.
I am a tad annoyed that this book is cataloged as a romance. I would put in under Suspense.
Very exciting read!
Anita P Greenberg
Anita Greenberg

What athriller. Could not put it down. One of the best I've read in. a long time. Cannot wait for the next thriller. Such a pleasure to really get into a story that captures you and you cannot wait to see the outcome. Loved every minute of every page. Thanks so much.
Kate Singleton
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story with a few twists
Carol Wippich
Loved it!
Sue Sparks
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Danielle
dnf - Just couldn't get into this one.
Gisela
Nov 02, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Too many names - rushed ending. Not the best of the series.
Geneva Stokes
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
FBI Trilogy #2 Fatal Secrets is a good read. enjoy
June
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Allison Brennan is fast becoming one of my all time mystery/romance writers. After all what's a little mystery to solve without a budding romance. Love her character development and story lines.
Toya
Mar 29, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book did not hold my attention at all. I tried and tried after each chapter thinking maybe itll finally grab my attention. FAIL!!! ...more
KyBunnies
Really enjoyed this audio book. Can't wait to listen to more.
Janis
Mar 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another hit out of the park for Allison Brennan, though this one isn't relate to any of the Kincaid, Rogan or Curuso group but still a great read.
Stephanie (Once Upon a Chapter)
Casia Courtier
Mar 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fatal Secrets is the second book in the FBI trilogy by Allison Brennan and the second book of hers I've read. Well, listened to because I have the audiobook.

The narrator in Fatal Secrets is the same narrator in Sudden Death. I like the narrator's voice and how she portrays the characters enough that I'm glad to hear her again. It kept with the idea that these books are supposed to be in the same universe and series. The storyline in Fatal Secrets deals with human trafficking. It is only
Andrea Corley
For a more in depth review, please visit my blog, Chorley Chronicals, by clicking HERE!

I really enjoyed the first book of the FBI Trilogy, Sudden Death, so I automatically thought that I would have a 5-star read with Fatal Secrets, however, that was not quite the case. I can't say that I hated the book and had a really hard time getting through it, however, I can't say that I loved the book, or even that I really liked the book, thus the 3 star rating! Could I give it half ratings, I would give
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question I 5 5 Mar 31, 2020 08:54AM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question H 5 5 Mar 31, 2020 08:51AM

• Twisted (Tracers, #5)
  • Scorched (Tracers #6)
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9, Wolfe Security, #0.5)
  • Unspeakable (Tracers, #2)
  • Snapped (Tracers #4)
  • Mercy Street (Mercy Street, #1)
  • Her Deadly Secrets (Wolfe Security, #2)
  • Cold Truth (Truth #1; John Mancini #7)
  • Exposed (Tracers #7)
  • Touch of Red (Tracers, #12)
  • Deep Dark (Tracers, #10)
  • Unforgivable (Tracers #3)
  • Final Truth (Truth #4; John Mancini #10)
  • You Will Suffer (The Agency #3)
  • Total Control (Alpha Crew, #4)
  • Stone Cold Heart (Tracers #13)
  • One Grave Too Many (Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation, #1)
  • What Are You Afraid Of? (The Agency #2)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Allison Brennan believes that life is too short to be bored, so she had five children and writes three books a year.

Allison has penned more than three dozen thrillers and many short stories. RT Book Reviews calls Allison a master of suspense and her books haunting, mesmerizing, pulse-pounding and emotionally complex. RT also said that "The Lucy

FBI Trilogy (3 books)
  • Sudden Death (FBI Trilogy, #1)
  • Cutting Edge (FBI Trilogy, #3)