Start by marking “Dare to Run” as Want to Read:
Dare to Run

Dare to Run

In May 2010, Amit and Neepa became the first Indian husband-wife team to stand on the finish line of the 89-km Comrades Ultra Marathon - The Ultimate Human race.

In this collection of essays, Amit takes us with him, from his first short jog on a Mumbai beach, to the finish line of the Comrades Marathon. Along the way, he shares his unique perspective on running, life, relig
Published 2010 by Sanjay & Company

To ask other readers questions about Dare to Run, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dare to Run

Start your review of Dare to Run
Aravind Kumar
Jan 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book is not just about running. It is about life, hope and positive thoughts. U ll not regret reading this.
sushma ashish Kapadiya
Too good.

What a book. Must read for runners. The way author explains the philosophy and spiritual aspect of running is amazing.
Sid
Jul 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Simply written yet so elegant and deep. Seems really honest and written with heart. His passion is contagious and has made me set sight on running the half marathon. Hs quotes a prosaic and his bohemian lifestyle envious. A great book sent by my cousin and really recommend this quick and good read.
Vaidehi Rahangdale Bisen
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Always inspiring.
Ketan Nadar
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
are to Run is a very nice book. Which tells about the story of Amit Sheth and his wife's quest to run comrades marathon. It is not just a personal experience book where the author tells only his achievements and experience. On the contrary he gives crisp examples of his multiple experiences with apt motivational examples varying from mahabharata to greek mythology. A decent read. The only book i have read in recent past which says a book can be read in any order. I liked it. Thank you for giving ...more
sanjay
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An Inspiration

Any first hand experience makes the most interesting story. The story of Amit and Neepa Sheth is truly inspiring, the book in a way takes you to every marathon described and the emotions associated with them. Failure and the grit to rise and succeed shown by the couple makes us draw parallels in our life. The mythological and historical references are amazing and show how well read the author is.
I have recently run my second 10 k and after reading this book I'm sure I'll be running
shubham
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Must Read for Runners

Must Read for all Runners and people who want to improve their life. Its amazing story of a couple who love running and Life

Rajesh
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Best motivational book on running.
Aditya
Feb 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011
I love books which share the author's experiences authentically. This one fits the bill and I finished it quickly with a few breaks. Its also interesting to see bits of philosophy thrown in and their correlation with running. As a runner, I could identify with and feel strongly about several episodes. The bit about crossing the Comarades 2010 finish line with the Indian flag was particularly moving.

Somehow, some of the parts do not gel into the book. For example there is more description of Dubl
Swateek
Jun 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Was a gift from a friend just the day before I ran my first long race. The essays in this one talk about general things that you can apply to life and running. What impressed me more was Amit never had the best of Comrade Marathon timings from India club, yet the devotion and dedication he has towards the sports is amazing.
Ram
Jan 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sports
Just finished reading "Dare to Run" by Amit Sheth - his book on his conquest of Comrades Marathon in 2010, which was after an unsuccessful attempt the previous year. The book talks of his saga from television couch potato to a marathoner, nay ultra-marathoner. The narrative is beautifully interspersed with stories from indian and greek mythology besides his philosophical meanderings.
yamini
Feb 15, 2015 rated it it was ok
I should not have read it after RMR. Its just poorly written and edited even for a collection of essays. Inspiration comes in bouts from few race stories. Nonetheless this book makes me want to run comrades at least once.
Divya
Dec 05, 2014 rated it liked it
This *should* be a terrible book. The language, flow, structure, everything is quite bad.
But the guy is so so passionate about running. And he has great stories to tell. I really enjoyed this. Very inspiring too gaah must run more.
Paresh Patil
Apr 06, 2013 rated it liked it
good motivation! helped me run my first Marathon!
Sekharsandeep Sekhar
Feb 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Very inspiring series! If you are a runner, do not miss; if not a runner, then still pick this up and dream!
Amita
Dec 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Overwhelmed by reading story of a busy working Man, well focused and desirable towards running.
Rajat
Sep 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
A runner's paradise
Swatisingh
Jul 31, 2013 rated it liked it
brilliant story.. must read for evry aspiring runner
Deepti Tomar
Apr 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
It's a must read for the reasons I cant write here.You need to read it to know that !! :-)
Pallavi Aggarwal
Its a great book specially if you are looking for inspiration on marathon running
Sharath Raju (Barefoot)
Aug 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
An outstanding exploration and achievement in sport, at any age. Good for anyone looking to start running or has lost motivation in the midst.
Ankur Sharma
Jun 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Extremely Insightful, literally painting the picture especially for runners
Rashi
Feb 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Read this book you want to run - and think you can't. Read this book if you already run and want to understand why. Read this book if you want to take your running to the next level.
Sameer
Jan 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Motivational book for marathon runners .
Smile
Aug 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
A good mix of running and philosophy. Some of the moments about comrades were magnificent
Priyanka Tandon
Jun 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An inspirational read

Must read for anyone who is a runner or who intends to start running at some stage in life :)
V. Satyanarayana
Jan 17, 2016
Vaishali Sachdeva
Jul 27, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Do It Today: Overcome Procrastination, Improve Productivity, and Achieve More Meaningful Things
  • MILES TO RUN BEFORE I SLEEP:
HOW AN ORDINARY WOMAN RAN AN EXTRAORDINARY DISTANCE
  • The U-Turn
  • Somebody That I Used to Know
  • I Too Had a Love Story
  • Attitude Is Everything: Change Your Attitude... and You Change Your Life!
  • My Ex
  • Love Bites
  • A Kiss in the air
  • Social Skills: Simple Techniques to Manage Your Shyness, Improve Conversations, Develop Your Charisma and Make Friends In No Time
  • Why Not Me?: A feeling of millions (English)
  • The Unexpected Guest: A Play In Two Acts
  • Out of the Maze: An A-Mazing Way to Get Unstuck
  • Diary of a Wimpy Vampire (Wimpy Vampire, #1)
  • How to Read Better and Faster