Start by marking “Desiderio” as Want to Read:

Desiderio (Lost Lords #1)

3.72  ·  Rating details ·  1,383 Ratings  ·  105 Reviews
Per Archie Warner, conte di Sachse, è tempo di sposarsi. Camilla, giovane vedova del suo predecessore, lo accompagna in società per aiutarlo a scegliere la moglie adatta. Ma nel suo cuore Archie ha già scelto. Di una bellezza altera, ferita nello spirito dall’anziano marito, Camilla non immagina di essere proprio lei la prescelta. Sarà capace di lasciarsi il passato alle s ...more
Published May 1st 2007 by Mondadori, I Romanzi (first published March 29th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Desiderio, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Desiderio

Con una trama bastante tópica en este tipo de libros pero con unos personajes totalmente atípicos, la autora ha creado una historia que a mí me ha convencido y que ha hecho que no pudiera dejar de leer para saber qué es lo ocurriría a continuación.

Cuando hablo de personajes atípicos es porque en pocos libros el protagonista es un conde que hereda el título por casualidad y antes se ha estado ganando la vida como un profesor de pueblo. a Archer no solo no le importa el título ni se siente dife
Jun 28, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Camilla Hutchenson is a Fancy Lady Countess. Archibald Warner is a nonfancy common Earl. Camilla is ICE COLD and also illiterate. Archie is HOT AS FIRE and a former teacher. Spoiler: They eventually get it on.

1. This was fine! It was a book! With pages! I read them!

2. Camilla was fine! I mean, I haven't read the book where she's the villain, but I'm almost OK with that because seeing her reduced to yet another Love-Doth-Overflow heroine was so...dull. I rather liked her as a distant icy secret-
Beanbag Love
Feb 07, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good historical romance. Heath really has the chops in that area. I love her stories and this made four star plus a little.

However, it wasn't as good as the Scoundrels of St. James books. To me, anyway. Those are really amazing. This is good. Very good.

My problem was a mercenary heroine. She had good reasons, and thanks to Heath's attention to organics and logic, the hero knew her reasons in plenty of time for their love to make sense. So often I'm supposed to expect that the hero wi
Me ha gustado pero con muchas reservas. La verdad es que ni siquiera sabía qué puntuación darle.
Y es que me ha cansado un poquito Camilla con su obsesión por ser duquesa, chica todo el rato pensando en ello. Me quedo con algunas frases de él, Archie.
Feb 05, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of Beta heroes
Although this is the first in the "Lost Lords" series, it is also a direct sequel to Love With a Scandalous Lord, which is third in the "Daughters of Fortune" series. Confusing! But many of Heath's books are connected in some way. Anyway, after reading that book, I was very curious about how Heath would turn the secondary characters into hero and heroine: Archie came across as so mild-mannered as to be a bit of a doof and Camilla is not only cold and selfish but does some quite morally repuganan ...more
Jan 25, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am so pleased! Looks like Heath is becoming an author I enjoy reading! (It looks as if I may have to break down and check out her Texas Rogues series (even though I am not a fan of American romances).) Archibald Warner, the current Earl of Sasche (pronounced Saxee if you can believe it) is so romantic and just the right balance of dangerous and kind. Countess Camilla Warner (the previous earl's widow) is just the right balance of heart and iciness. I loved seeing their relationship unfold and ...more
Jan 02, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lori McD
Quite a book... The Hero and Heroine each have their unique flaws. And I identified with the Heroine, Camilla, in ways I'd never have imagined before.

Camilla has to keep tight control over herself and her environment -- the perfect hostess, the perfect widow, the perfect everything. Because if she lets her guard down, she fears the ton will learn her secrets.

Arch was a schoolteacher before finding himself the 7th Earl. He'd never even met the 6th Earl, an old man who, by all accounts, was a mon
Apr 02, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Historical/Victorian Romance
Camilla, Countess of Sachse, is widowed and can only cry with relief at the death of her viciously brutal, aged husband. She will now endeavor to school the new Earl in the ways of the aristocracy and aide her husband's heir and distant cousin in his efforts to find a wife, even if it is not something he desires. Her confidence and grace, not to mention popularity with the Marlboro Set, will go far in helping the new Earl to live up to his noble responsibilities while setting her free to search ...more
Oct 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once again, Lorraine Heath did it.

Seriously this one tops my list. I guess it's better if you would read the love with the scandalous lord because you'll understand Camilla's personality more. I find her quite villainous in Love with the Scandalous Lord but in the end I found out that she was a victim and what had become of her is the effect of her past.

In this book it tells how the story goes between Archie and Camilla after the LwtSL and how they fell in love with each other.

I really like th
Dec 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Novedad en que no hay amor a primera vista ni se encuentran en un salón. Ella es la joven viuda del antiguo conde y ahora tiene que vivir y enseñar al nuevo conde todo lo necesario para moverse en ese tipo de sociedad.
Camila tiene claro lo que quiere y no es nada romántico, ella quiere asegurar su futuro a cualquier costo ya que el antiguo conde era violento y horrible con ella.
Por otro lado Archi, el nuevo conde es un chico de pueblo, sencillo, humilde y nada a gusto rodeado de tanto lujo y pu
KC 2.0
A bland yet pleasant romance—just like the hero. With a nickname like Archie I thought this man has to be good, and he was: gentle, caring and selfless. In contrast, Camilla possessed all the flaws Archie lacked. The author gave her a tragic past and charitable streak, but I couldn't completely empathize with Camilla because I didn't agree with her big and shallow ambition. (view spoiler) ...more
Karyn Gerrard
Apr 04, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Another very fine read from Lorraine Heath. Instead of the hero having inner scars and a tortured past, this time it is the heroine. Lady Camilla, widow of the old earl, has taken Archibald Warner under her wing and is teaching him the ins and outs of the ton and being an earl. Archie is a school master and a wonderful hero. He is open, honest, honorable and sexy as all get out. He hides nothing. And coaxing Camilla out from behind her frosty defenses is an arduous task. Getting her t
Lady Wesley
The new Earl of Sachse finds himself falling in love with the widow of the old earl (his distant cousin). But Camilla is determined to marry a wealthy duke, and besides, she is barren and the new earl needs to marry a woman who can give him an heir.

That's about the entire story right there, and it's pleasant but forgettable; except, there's an interesting development near the end where something happens to the hero that I've never seen in a historical romance before.
Mahareni Sukadi
2,5 ajah, coz bacanya loncat-loncat.

- Begitu buka bab I, langsung kaget coz gak ada pengenalan karakter ato latar belakang, dua tokoh utamanya langsung saling kenal and bercakap-cakap akhrab. Ternyata Archie and Camilla sebelumnya udah diperkenalkan di buku Love With A Scandalous Lord (Daughters Of Fortune, #3). Dan buku model njujug gini selalu sukses bikin aku ilpil.
*gak bisa disalahin bukunya, salahkan penerbitnya yg gak urut ngeluarin bukunya*

- Aku gak suka Camilla. Dunno why. Mungkin karena
Kathie (katmom)
Mar 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As an Earl Desires has a quiet, sweet man as our hero. He was a school teacher and never thought that he'd step into the ton as an Earl. It's a good thing that the old Earl's widow (he was a total monster) is helping him to find his way. She is an ice princess and as he discovers her real self, the walls start to melt.

Even though Camilla is drawn to his tenderness, she knows that she cannot step into his life permanently as she is barren and he needs an heir. She works hard to find him a wife, o
Oct 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a lovely book. The characters of Arch and Camilla are well-drawn and likable; each is an individual strong in beliefs and morality, yet forced by Fate into an arrangement which, though enjoyable in the moment, neither would never have entered if they could have prevented it. Their love, and their recognizing the useless of it all and the inevitability of what is going to happen, adds a tinge of impending disaster to the entire story. The discovery of the letter and what it means to every ...more
Yulia Anggraini
Karna baca seri in berurutan dr seri daughter of fortune alhasil fil x dpt bangeeet...camilla yg dceritax rhys dingin n penuh rahasia,stu2 persatu rahasiax terungkap n perubahan sikapx brasa...
camilla yg kesan dluarx pintar n dngin padahal dy menyimpan ketakutan klo ad yg tw dy sebenarx bodoh...camilla malu klo smp archie yg seorang guru tw betapa bodohx dy...

aq pikir salah satu rahasia itu adlah ttg camilla yg pernah mengintip rhys saat melayani para lady tp ternyata tidak pernah dbahas...

Bronwyn Rykiert
Archie Warner, the new Earl of Sachse is a wonderful hero. I had a bit of trouble with Camilla, Lady Sachse’s character though, but I did come to warm to her as the book went on.

Camilla was unhappily married to the cruel, old Earl and has taken on the task of training the new Earl in the ways of the ton. Archie has inherited from a distant cousin and was not expecting this new role and was quite happy being a school teacher in the country, he has difficulty coming to terms with his new status. C
Fanny Roswita Ria
Feb 02, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dastan, historical, 2013
Satu kalimat "menyesal membeli buku ini"

Argghhh,,bete banget dg cerita yg ini. Kenapa harus diterbitkan coba?bener2 sukses bikin gw baca cmn awal2nya doang,trs tengah2 dan ending cerita. Ga worth it banget deh, even pun dibeli dg diskon 50% dari dastan.

Awal cerita aja lsg disajikan dlm btk prolog antara hero&heroine. Ga ada mengenai pengenalan akan tokoh2nya yg jd bikin gw ngubek2 goodreads utk lihat sapa tahu ada series yg berkaitan dg kedua tokoh ini.

Kedua, gw ga suka sama heroine yg ga p
Feb 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: storico
Jul 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Archibald Warner, the seventh Earl of Sachse, may have recently gained his title, but he knows his duty is to marry and produce an heir. The problem is, he is only interested in Camilla, the late Earl's young wife. Camilla is helping him learn his way around the titled gentry and trying to help him find a wife. Archie is determined to break through Camilla's secrets and make her his bride.

This book started out with the hero already in love with the heroine, but he doesn't know how to win her ove
Lorraine Lesar
Sep 27, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Archibald was a teacher but due to certain deaths of remote family members, he becomes a Earl. Camila, the former wife of the previous earl, helps him to adjust to his new role. To her, position and her title are everything. To him, she is everything he wants.

See what happens when they succumb to their passion!

I like Lorraine Heath's books - archibald is very likeable and Camilla strong but vunerable. The pair are very good together and of course, being a romance, it has a happy ending. Enjoy.

Oct 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: loved, read-her, 2013-read
I really liked this book. It had a different story line. Any book with dialogue that makes me laugh out loud is easily a 4 star book, but add that with steamy lovemaking scenes and it's 5 stars!

The hero is an intellectual commoner thrust into earl hood and the heroine an ice queen, but secretly a giving do-gooder. Those aren't the only secrets she holds, she even holds one she is unaware of herself until Archie gifts her a wonderful thing, allowing her to reveal the shocking and life changing fa
Scottsdale Public Library
Archie, a school teacher recently turned Earl of Sachse, knows his new duty is to marry and quickly produce an heir and a spare, but the only woman to catch his eye is Camilla, the former Earl of Sachse's widow. Camilla is too busy battling the demons of her past to even give their love a try, though. Will true love be able to conquer all?

A must read for historical romance fans!

-Lindsey D.-
This is the first book of hers that I've read. I appreciate the stories that give the characters depth with very little ongoing drama. I also found it refreshing to have a hero that isn't tormented or arrogant or a rake as most heroes in novels usually are. She has a sordid past, he's a woman's dream of what a mans love should be. Plain and simple. Enjoyed it immensely.
❀ ℓu-ℓu-ℓuna ❀
Hot earl, hot lady, hot story...need I say more? Yes! Because this story is intriguing for the lead character is someone who was already introduced in Love With a Scandalous Lord, as the woman you would love to hate, flay alive and let be soaked in vinegar. Still you love her as a new woman, due to the man who freed her from a terrible past, who made her believe in love and second chances...
Megan Lavey-Heaton
Jul 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, ebook
I didn't intend to stay up all night reading this book, but I did. It was a great read with a wonderful hero and heroine. It's also an intriguing look into the changing penal system in Great Britain during the 1800s and how people were trying to make it better, but there was a lot of negative aspects as well. I also enjoyed seeing the hero of one of Heath's later books as a little boy in here.
Cortito... tanto que me ha parecido que me saltaba parte de libro... sobre todo al final, realmete repentino.
A pesar de eso, y de que algunas escenas me han resultado algo forzadas, la historia es muy bonita.
Se agradece el giro final
  • Till Next We Meet
  • One Night With You (The Derrings #3)
  • My Wicked Earl
  • Never Trust a Scoundrel (Sons of Scandal, #1)
  • Carnal Gift (Blakewell/Kenleigh Family Trilogy, #2)
  • With Seduction in Mind (Girl Bachelors, #4)
  • What an Earl Wants
  • Written on Your Skin
  • Not Quite a Lady (Carsington Brothers, #4)
  • A Groom of One's Own (The Writing Girls, #1)
  • Tainted By Temptation
  • To Wed a Wicked Earl (Devine & Friends, #2)
  • Three Nights with a Scoundrel (Stud Club, #3)
  • After Dark with a Scoundrel (Lords of Vice, #3)
  • Once an Heiress (Once A..., #2)
  • When It's Perfect (Marsh Sisters, #2)
  • Always a Temptress (Drake's Rakes #3)
  • My Pleasure (The Rose Hunters Trilogy #2)
Also writes Young Adult under Rachel Hawthorne, Jade Parker, and with her son as J.A. London)

Lorraine Heath has always had a soft spot for emotional love stories. No doubt because growing up, watching movies with her mom, she was taught that the best movies "won't half make you cry."

She is the daughter of a British beauty (her mom won second place in a beauty contest sponsored by Max Factor® durin
More about Lorraine Heath...

Lost Lords (3 books)
  • A Matter of Temptation (Lost Lords, #2)
  • Promise Me Forever (Lost Lords, #3)

Romance Deals

• Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick #2)
    $4.99 $2
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Spiraled (Callahan & McLane #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Bailey (Ace Security #3)
  • The Girl in Times Square: A Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Daring Arrangement (The Four Hundred, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Return to Homecoming Ranch (Pine River Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up Book 1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • The Third Wish: A Novella
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Repressed (Deadly Secrets, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Promises (Broken #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Chosen (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • From Sand and Ash
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Dreamology
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
  • The Devil's Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Bearly in Control (Shifters Undercover, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)