Start by marking “狼と香辛料 XVI 太陽の金貨<下>” as Want to Read:
狼と香辛料 XVI 太陽の金貨<下>

狼と香辛料 XVI 太陽の金貨<下>

(狼と香辛料 / Spice & Wolf: Light Novel #16)

行商人ロレンスと狼神ホロの旅、本編ついに感動の最終章!!

デバウ商会によって新貨幣が発行され、自由と希望の町となるレスコ。ロレンスはそこで、ホロと共に店を持つことを決めた。しかしその矢先、コルのズダ袋を持った人物が現れ、二人はデバウ商会の内部分裂による事件に巻き込まれることとなってしまう。ホロは、禁書を得るためキッシェンへ。ロレンスは、デバウ商会に追われミューリ傭兵団とともに雪山を越えることに。バラバラになってしまった二人の運命は!?

行商人ロレンスと狼神ホロの旅を描く新感覚ファンタジー、ついに本編感動のフィナーレ!
文庫, 392 pages
Published February 10th 2011 by アスキー・メディアワークス

To ask other readers questions about 狼と香辛料 XVI 太陽の金貨<下>, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 狼と香辛料 XVI 太陽の金貨<下>

Start your review of 狼と香辛料 XVI 太陽の金貨<下>
Rafaela (dragonsandpaperbacks)
I don't know what to say except what an amazing conclusion to this story. I admit I want an extra chapter but I suppose I'll have to read the short story collections. I've enjoyed following Lawrence and Holo on their journeys so much, I'm sure I'll also love Wolf and Parchment.
Anniken Haga
May 06, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, fantasy
I'm not sure if this book should get a 3/5 or 4/5 star rating, but a half rating doesn't seem to fit either, so I'm sticking with a 3/5, as that is just in the middle.

This book was the continued story of the previous one, building on what we learned there. It took some interesting twists and turns, but in the end I was a little bored by it. It may be because the series has stretched to be so long and I feel like they've beaten around the bush a little with some of the things happening.

Fred Rothganger
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I fell in love with this series after watching the anime, and picked up the books to finish out the story. Mainly, I wanted to see what happens between Lawrence and Holo. It's no mystery that they would get together. I just wanted to ship the process.

This particular pair of books (15 and 16) closes out the arc in a way that felt right. It gives Holo a good motivation for the position she takes, and makes Lawrence grow up in an unexpected way.

I won't exaggerate too much to say that, in regard to
Azim SF
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
A whole series based on various economic issues along with the ways of how one could potentially profit from them.

Ending the tale of profit-filled thrilling adventures with an incredible volume detailing money-fueled avarice at its purest; which breeds from the same fire of passion towards fortune that lies in the hearts of everyone that chases after profit, is as beautiful and poetic as I'd ever wanted it to be.

Somewhat a cautionary tale for those profiting from the vast fortunes of the abyss
Estel
Sep 16, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book quite a bit, and it's a solid ending to the series. It's not four stars because either the translation or the original (or both!) feels much more stilted again. There's some great ideas, and some fantastic action--it's nice to see Holo in her true from again. It's also nice to see Holo and Lawrence figuring out each other emotionally, and deciding how far they're willing to go, what they're willing to sacrifice, what they respect and what they don't. I overall quite liked it, ...more
Ricardo Matos
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: light-novels
It was originally meant to end on volume 16 and this was one of the best in the series. As endings go, it wasn't great... possibly why in the afterword the author promised 17 as an epilogue. And since then, another Spice & Wolf story came out covered on volumes 18-20.

I'll definitely pick up volume 17, the epilogue. Haven't made my mind about Spring Log (18-20). Will probably wait for reviews!
Robert R.
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A beautiful, albeit slightly bitter sweet ending to the main story of Lawrence and Holo. While some of the middle volumes felt like they were dragging, the final volumes in this series do a really excellent job of pulling it all together and making the smaller interactions and growth over the previous volumes wrap together into an ending that makes sense for the characters. Lawrence is finally more fully aware of Holo's vast loneliness, driven by her very long life; something which is used quite ...more
Jonathan
Getting so close to the end now. As always I adore Lawrence and Holo's relationship and all of their delightful banter. The crisis of the book didn't really grab me like others had but still it was fun.
Rita the Parrot Princess
Wonderful conclusion to the main story and to what I feel is the best light novel series ever.
Aidan
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My favourite series is coming to an end. I don’t want to talk about it.
Rehero
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The book was totally cool.
S.Q. Eries
Apr 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: light-novel
Emily
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pulled into the idea of a free town, Lawrence and Holo try to save it when greed gets the best of the trading company responsible. Holo leaves to retrieve the book that can prevent bloodshed, but things go south for Lawrence and he must escape with the mercenaries—only to find they’re being herded to a dead end. Will they be able to win and save the free town? Or themselves?
myinon
So, I have finally finished the main story of Spice and Wolf. This volume contains everything that I felt made the series so great: action, some romance, and of course, money talk. I would have to say that I am also very glad that Lawrence and Holo have been given a happily ever-after type of ending. This was of course something that I had been hoping for ever since volume 5.

The volume does have an open-ended kind of finish to it enabling the reader to think, "Hmm, I wonder how such and such
Kyle
Dec 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful ending thought, even if there is an epilogue novel after this. It covers the theme of what the future of Lawrence and Holo's relationship will be in a fairly realistic manner. It also is a fairly good story, although I am not convinced that what Lawrence did would actually have resolved the conflict quite so well at the end. Still, It had great conversations between Holo and Lawrence, and some interesting economic themes in it. One of my favorites in the series because of the ...more
Brandy Ackerley
Dec 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Oh my gosh, this book had an incredibly satisfying ending. Read the whole series, but the ending here made this book one of my favourites of the series. There is also going to be one more novel coming out, another collection of stories aptly titled Epilogue that I will be excitedly waiting for, but know that this story is awesome and I will be looking forward to reading the final book in this series.
Eldon Siemens
it was a long journey, but I enjoyed every moment. while it is sad to reach the (almost) end, I feel glad the way it has wrapped up. the characters have gripped me and pained my heart when things go awry, as they always do. thank you, Isuna Hasekura, for pulling me into your world, it has been greatly appreciated
James Duyck
Dec 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love books where you can't tell if the heroes will prevail or fall. This is maybe the darkest Spice and Wolf book - definitely in the top two, and one of the best at doing everything Spice and Wolf does well.
Devin (Mostly Manga)
This was one fantastic novel. Easily the best one in the series. There's only one more left so that might change. But I seriously loved all of the events that happened. This was a perfect closing to Lawrence and Holo's final adventure.
An Phạm
Nov 25, 2018
Almas Shildebai
Apr 30, 2019
Kauê Kodama
rated it did not like it
Jan 11, 2019
Biao Li
Nov 22, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• 盾の勇者の成り上がり 9
  • 盾の勇者の成り上がり 8 (Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari, #8)
  • 盾の勇者の成り上がり 7 (Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari, #7)
  • 盾の勇者の成り上がり 10
  • 転生したらスライムだった件 6 (Light Novel)
  • 盾の勇者の成り上がり 11
  • 転生したらスライムだった件 5 (Light Novel)
  • オーバーロード 1 不死者の王 (Overlord Light Novels, #1)
  • ノーゲーム・ノーライフ 8 ゲーマーたちは布石を継いでいくそうです (No Game No Life Light Novels, #8)
  • 盾の勇者の成り上がり 2 (Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari, #2)
  • 蜘蛛ですが、なにか? 6 [Kumo desu ga, Nani ka? 6]
  • この素晴らしい世界に祝福を! 5 爆裂紅魔にレッツ&ゴー!!
  • Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Light Novels, Vol. 3 (Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Light Novels, #3)
  • オーバーロード 2 漆黒の戦士 (Overlord Light Novels, #2)
  • Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Light Novels, Vol. 4 (Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Light Novels, #4)
  • Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks?, Vol. 3 (light novel)
  • The Asterisk War, Vol. 8 (light novel): Idol Showdown
  • 盾の勇者の成り上がり 6 (Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari, #6)

狼と香辛料 / Spice & Wolf: Light Novel (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • Spice & Wolf, Vol. 01