Start by marking “Special Delivery (Candlelight Ecstasy Romance, #262)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Special Delivery

Elaine Raco Chase

Special Delivery (Candlelight Ecstasy Romance, #262)

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  40 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
When Roxanne Murdoch took the place of her absent employee and delivered the "belly-gram" herself, she never expected to spend New Year's Eve locked in a Minneapolis bank with the vice president she'd been sent to surprise. Yet here she was, a respectable businesswoman dressed like a harem girl, barricaded against a howling blizzard with devastating Bram Tyler trying to ex ...more
Published (first published October 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Special Delivery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Special Delivery

willaful
Apr 08, 2012 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: fans of banter
This story about two snowbound near-strangers might have made a great romantic comedy with Carole Lombard and Fred MacMurry, but I'm just not that crazy about banter in books. It did make me laugh a few times, and is kind of charmingly dated, with references to Gloria Steinem and astrology, and an almost self-consciously sensitive hero.
Gaele
Audio Book Review!
Elaine Raco Chase’s work is perfectly suited to the audiobook form, her conversation is so alive, so quick witted and responsive that you will feel as if you are overhearing the interaction from your seat. This book flips the traditional “romance” feel on its ear: Bram is the one who is open, direct and first to admit to being smitten with Roxanne. While Roxanne is more reserved, dragging her Pullman car of baggage and fear from her last relationship forward.

Bram is the vice p
Kim (Wistfulskimmies Book Reviews)
This is the story of Roxanne who is the successful boss of a greetings-gram company. As a result of one of her staff breaking an ankle, she finds herself filling in and delivering a belly-gram to the Vice President of a prestigious bank. Due to a blizzard she finds herself stuck in the bank with only him for company all over New Years...........

This was a super little romance with just a wee bit of heat thrown in. I loved the slow burn of the relationship between Roxanne and Bram. The bickering
WiLoveBooks
Jan 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pure fun. First, Roxanne has to dress as a harem girl to deliver a message because her employee gets hurt. Then she and the recipient of the message get snowed in and it is just the two of them, lots of funny banter, steam, and the question: How long does it take to fall in love with someone? The two characters were great and this was just a fun, entertaining story.
The audio was very well done. The two narrators were entertaining to listen to and the music and sound effects were a nice touch.
Jennifer Gallagher
Of all of Elaine Raco Chase's books that I have read this is the funniest one yet. I could not put this book down just had to read until the end.. If I had met a banker like Bram I would have been praying for a snow storm... This book had me laughing all the way to the end... It Also had some great love scenes... A beautiful.. charming book that will convince you that there is such a thing as love at first sight.I highly recommend this book to everyone
Stacy Juba
Jun 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an enjoyable read with likeable characters who had definite chemistry. I loved the cozy winter setting. Elaine Raco Chase is a fresh voice in contemporary romance and I'll be getting more of her books for some fun escape reading.
Annie ashbaugh
Oct 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was so cute and amazing! The whole belly-gram idea was adorable, and I think it's hilarious how Roxanne tried to act highly independent, and she fell so hard for Bram. I loved how his "vacation" ended up, and I believe I could read this book over and over again!
Mayas
Mar 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a fun book, once I got finished with it. Bram was no card shark but he knew how to get Roxy to admit her love.
Maggie Lane
Sep 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved, Loved, Loved this book..Great Characters lots of sexual tension and just all out fun...I recommend this quick read!
Felicia
Oct 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was define lay a sweet fun read! I love the banter between Bram and Roxanne. What a way to be snowbound huh! They just warmed my heart.
Vicki
May 07, 2014
Aleksandra Stojicic
Apr 27, 2017
Audio Book now available! 2 5 Dec 30, 2012 11:08AM
Elaine Raco Chase is the award-winning author of seventeen paperback novels with over 3 million books in print. She is published in 25 countries and 15 languages.

As a romance writer, Chase has won two sales awards for top romance novels of the year, Romantic Times Lifetime Achievement Award for romantic suspense, and the Affaire de Coeur Silver Pen Award for writing excellence. Her non-fiction deb
More about Elaine Raco Chase...