Start by marking “Thank You Notes” as Want to Read:

Thank you, slow walking family walking in front of me on the sidewalk. No, please, take your time. And definitely spread out, too, so you create a barricade of idiots. I am so thankful that you forced me to walk on the street and risk getting hit by a car in order to pass you so I could resume walking at a normal human pace.Jimmy Fallon has a few people and a few things to ...more
Published May 23rd 2011 by Grand Central Publishing (first published May 5th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Thank You Notes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thank You Notes

Start your review of Thank You Notes
Philip
Oct 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Look out Jack Handey, there’s a new thinker in town. Or more appropriately, a new thanker. Jimmy Fallon, (or his writers, at least) have dished out some Handey-esque gratitude that I haven’t seen in years. (Granted, I haven’t read Handey’s latest, What I’d Say To the Martians: And Other Veiled Threats so, maybe I should read that before dethroning the man…)

Fallon’s faux thanks read like deep thoughts, with parallel humor. “Thank you... pen I just put in my mouth and started chewing on, for alrea
Rossy
Nov 13, 2014 rated it it was ok
Not funny :(
I didn't laugh, but I liked soooome ~Thankyous~

Thank you paper clips, for being like staples for people who can’t commit.

Thank you onion rings, for being my favorite food, until I bite into you and I’m left with a cold, wet onion in my mouth and a tiny deep-fried steering wheel cover in my hand.

Thomas Andrikus
Nov 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
p.95:
Thank you urinals that inexplicably have ice in them. You know exactly what I'm looking for–a nice pee on the rocks. Next time, can I get a twist of lime in there, too? Maybe a salted rim? Thanks.

p.96:

p.98:
Thank you people who insist on showing off ultrasound pictures of your unborn children. Just so you know, all those pictures look exactly the same: like charcoal drawings of an alien
Traci
May 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
At first I felt guilty for counting this "book" on my reading challenge (100 books = 2012 goal). I mean, really... it's not a "real" book, is it? It's just a bunch of little thank you notes, each getting its own page, and it took all of a half-hour tops to read. So why count it? And why count it "legally"?

Well, I'll tell ya. I thought about it after I got thru the guilt, and I realized that yes, this is a book. It's short, true, but it's funny. And believe it or not, it even made me think a time
Kristen
May 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
A light and funny book. Got a few LOLs outta me 😆
Emy
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: humor
i was looking for a funny book,something to make me laugh, when i saw Jimmy Fallon's name i was sooo excited !!, i love him, alas this book,or let's say these thank you notes weren't so funny :( , i prefer The Thank You Note segment of his show
Peacegal
Mar 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Life's little annoyances, from leaf blowers to families who monopolize entire sidewalks, are name-checked here, in the format of thank-you notes. The humor reminded me quite a bit of that of "someecards."

The creators of this book (who were not just Fallon, but a group of writers) had me rolling my eyes, though, when they put down vegan food as being tasteless and gross. Really, guys? "Vegan food" encompasses everything from an apple to this gorgeous three-tired wedding cake; you're willing to s
Lynda
Apr 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Sly humor that I really liked.
Orsolya
I personally find Jimmy Fallon to be a comedic talent, sweet, and not terrible on the eyes. Basically, I would describe myself as a fan. I was therefore naturally drawn to “Thank You Notes” based on the segment by the same name from Late Night. Did I get the same thrill from the book?

Sadly, the answer to that is ‘no’. Although “Thank You Notes” is based on a humorous premise, the execution fails. Not only are the one-liners not even written by Fallon but they are literally just that: one-liners.
Marie Corbitt
Aug 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book is hillarious!! Some of my favorite thank you notes:

"Thank you slow-walking family walking in front of me on the sidewalk. No, please, take your time. And definitely spread out, too, so you create a barricade of idiots. I am so thankful that you forced me to walk into the street and risk getting hit by a car in order to pass you so I could resume walking at a normal human pace."

"Thank you leaf blowers, for making me look like the world's lamest Ghostbuster. I ain't afraid of no leaves.
Patty Marvel
Aug 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
Fun book, but it's kinda sparse - it IS a collection of faux thank you notes with some stock photos, after all. Get it from the library rather than pay for it, but certainly get it. Here are three of my favorites.

THANK YOU...stuffing, for always being delicious, even though you were cooked in a turkey's butt.

THANK YOU...certain days when I can see the sun and the moon in the sky at the same time. You make me feel like I'm Luke Skywalker on his home planet of Tatooine, concerned about his aunt a
Jul 09, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011, nonfiction
Best ones:

(Bronze) Thank you, tai chi, for being the perfect way to defend myself against an army of invisible slow-motion ninjas. (p.76)

(Silver) Thank you, guy whose chair made a farting noise, for spending the next 20 minutes awkwardly shifting around trying to re-create the noise so people would know it was just the chair. (p.62)

(Gold) Thank you, graduations, for being a time when we come together and celebrate a bunch of kids who spent four long years getting at least a C-. (p.121)
Tatiana
May 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Thank You... Jimmy Fallon, for being opportunistic, rehashingcompiling 164 of the very best from Late Night's genius Friday staple segment,"Thank You Notes," into a postcard of a book and selling it for the current price of just under three gallons of gas. Like my comedy crush on you needed cementing. Or that I enjoyed almost spewing Root Beer out my nose due to the absurdly relatable toilet paper joke. Thanks.
Mayda
Jun 25, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: humor, nonfiction
Maybe humor, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. Some of these notes were genuinely funny. Some seemed to target the male middle school mind set. That being said, it made me think about the things I was thankful for, mostly that I picked up this book to read in the first place, that it only took me 10 minutes to read, and that I borrowed it from my local library and didn't spend $12 on it.
Rebekah
Jul 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Obviously read this book in one sitting, but is a cool book for the coffee table or bathroom as well. Probably one of the funniest things I have read in a long time. One of my personal favorites: "Thank you person I am walking behind who happens to be going in the exact same direction, for making me feel like I'm following you. And thank you, my decision to joke, "I'm not following you," for somehow not putting that person at ease.
Tanya
Aug 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
Jimmy Fallon is so hilarious. I didn't even mind when he laughed through every skit on SNL and he's adorable. You may have noticed I'm a bit biased in this review. This is simply a collection of his thank you notes from the show. They're most often sarcastic and always funny. It's not a long book. I don't know how much it costs for a regular book because I read my books on the Nook but don't pay too much since it is short and there's literally two or three sentences per page.
Melanie
Mar 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
A funny read! I remembered some of these "thank you notes" from the show, but others were new. I laughed quite a few times and really enjoyed reading it. :)
Ruth
Feb 20, 2018 rated it did not like it
I don't watch the show, so I didn't know this was a bit.
Probably a lot funnier in person?
Rogene Carter
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction
Absolutely hilarious.
Rose
Jan 04, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of the "thank you notes" segment on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon
Recommended to Rose by: Barnes and Noble
Shelves: quick-read, humor
When reading this, I'll admit I read all of the quotes in Jimmy Fallon's voice with the signature mood music playing in the background. I don't know if that says anything about the book or the way my memory kicks in for things, but I will say that I enjoyed reading it for the most part.

It's the kind of book you can read in less than half an hour, and it does have funny quips and quirks that are likely to make one chuckle if you really like the segment on the show. But I'll also admit that some o
Erika B. (SOS BOOKS)
Jun 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
O my gosh I'm dying from laughter! I was looking for a really funny book and saw this at the library and thought 'o what the heck! Why not!' Sometimes you just really need a laugh ya know! :D And Jimmy Fallon is always a goodie to supply that! Why not spread the love! Here are some of my favs!
"Thank you...guy at the dry cleaners, for charging me $11 to clean a dress shirt. It clearly doesn't cost that much, but you know I'll pay it anyway because I'm not really sure what you do and how much it
Jessica-Robyn
Dec 22, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction
Jimmy Fallon is one of the talk show hosts I actually occasionally watch, but I feel like this book was mistreated. The Thank You Note segment is such a great, simple concept that you can do pretty much anything with it. So the notes themselves were all to the standard you could expect with varying quality and varying effectiveness. If you're a really die-hard fan of Jimmy, you'll probably enjoy it no matter what.

However, I saw this was an opportunity to do something visually interesting with t
Patrice Sartor
This is not something I think that most people need to own, but this is the best per-second total laugh ratio I think I've ever had for a book, and it only takes about 15 minutes to read.

I laughed til I cried, til my lungs hurt from the effort, until my kids thought I lost it and my husband thought maybe I was pregnant again. I didn't care. I read a bunch of these "thank yous" out loud, and didn't care if anyone else laughed. I don't even care if you laugh, but I kinda hope you do.

Note--I do not
Alexei
Nov 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
{Sited from my website TeenageBookaholic }

Thank You...
Jimmy Fallon, for creating a book that wasn't as funny to me because of my age, but still had good key points. I see you, man in front of me in a revolving door that is making me do all the work, or you, boy with large headphones letting one rip. Yes, you can't hear it but the people in Europe can! Anyway, maybe when I'm older, I will die laughing with this book.

In this book, Jimmy Fallon publishes notes from his hilarious sketch on his Late
Josh McConnell
Aug 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Move aside The Book Of Awesome, there's another book of hilarious antidotes in town. Jimmy Fallon and the Writers of Late Night have capitalized on the popularity of their Thank You Notes segment from their late night television show by releasing a small collection of them to retail. Accompanied by pictures to go with each thank you note, the book is the perfect side-table to strike up laughs with friends. With no sequential importance, one can pick up the book and start reading at random to gai ...more
Lori
Mar 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, humour
HAHAHAHA!! I love Jimmy Fallon.

My favourites from this collection:

Thank you...horseradish, for being neither a radish nor of a horse. What you are is a liar food. (I'm looking at you, Grape Nuts).

Thank you...fun size candy, for calling yourself "fun" to distract me from the fact that you're smaller than regular candy. Nice try. They should call you "disappointment-size candy".

Thank you...people who show off their high school Spanish when pronouncing their order at a Mexican restaurant. The way y
Judith
Aug 22, 2011 rated it liked it
"Thank you . . . Mother's Day, for being exactly like Father's Day, except with people actually giving a crap." "Thank you . . .raisins, for decades of faithful service as the Halloween treat of choice for hippies, cheapskates, and assholes." "Thank you . . .the name Lloyd, for starting with two Ls. I'm glad both those Ls were there, because otherwise I would have called you 'Loyd'."

You get the picture: utterly adorable book for people who want to take a break from real reading and laugh for abo
Shauna
Sep 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Thank you, Jimmy Fallon, for putting some of your best work in a book and always making me laugh! I am a HUGE fan of Late Night with JF and his Friday night Thank You Notes segment is one of my favorites. I couldn't resist buying this book, even though I read the whole thing in the car on the way home from B&N (no, I wasn't driving!). I laughed out loud at almost every note. Jimmy and his writers are hilarious and so talented. I recommend it for big laughs. And if you'd rather not spend your mon ...more
Amanda McGill
Dec 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
Short book of Thank You Notes from Jimmy Fallon's The Tonight Show.

The notes were funny, but none were laugh out loud funny.

My favourites:
Pg. 53- Thank you nickels for being the redheaded stepchild of the coin community. You're so thick, yet you're worth so little. You're like the quarter's fatter, less successful brother.

Pg. 107- Thank you pens at the ATM, for being attached to the deposit slip table by tiny chains. Don't flatter yourselves- no one's gonna steal you, you filthy germ sticks.

P
Allybal
Aug 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Late Night with Jimmy Fallon continues to be a favorite of mine, I adore his delivery and sense of comedy indefinitely.
Like many other reviewers, I had heard most of these notes from the show itself, However I still thoroughly enjoyed reading through these with Jimmy's intonation in my mind while giggling at the horribly inartistic stock photos.
A fun, conversation starter to put on my side table next to Stuff White People Like and a PostSecret book.

• Underlife
  • Help! I'm Trapped in a Movie Star's Body
  • You Can't Eat Your Chicken Pox, Amber Brown
  • Amber Brown Sees Red
  • The Crowning Terror (Hardy Boys: Casefiles, #6)
  • Mary Anne and the Search for Tigger (The Baby-Sitters Club, #25)
  • The Tower Treasure (The Hardy Boys, #1)
  • The Clue in the Diary (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #7)
  • Exodus: A Memoir
  • Strange Planet
  • The World as I Remember It: Through the Eyes of a Ragamuffin
  • Seriously... I'm Kidding
  • The Little Book of Answers
  • If Life Is a Game, These Are the Rules: Ten Rules for Being Human as Introduced in Chicken Soup for the Soul
James Thomas Fallon, Jr. is an American comedian, actor, and musician known for his work on Saturday Night Live. He is also scheduled to become the host of Late Night in 2009.