Start by marking “Parenting For Social Change Transform Childhood, Transform The World” as Want to Read:
Parenting For Social Change Transform Childhood, Transform The World

Parenting For Social Change Transform Childhood, Transform The World

Parenting for Social Change is a powerful parenting book that is not about children, but about the harmful cultural messages adults perpetuate in their relationships with children. In this compelling call for change, Teresa Graham Brett addresses the work parents must do to free themselves, the children who share their lives, and the world from these harmful messages. Usin ...more
158 pages
Published May 1st 2011 by Social Change Pr (first published January 1st 2011)

Be the first to ask a question about Parenting For Social Change Transform Childhood, Transform The World

Start your review of Parenting For Social Change Transform Childhood, Transform The World
Douwe Van
A beautiful book of the author's personal journey of discovery of the alternatives to what we normally call 'education'. Not as exhaustive and thorough as Robin Grille's 'Parenting for a Peaceful World', but for me its true value lies in its authenticity. She has lived, and still lives it. ...more
Maire
Jul 19, 2021 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2021-books-read
I wanted to like this book I really did. And I like the message in it. But I also found it lacking. I don’t think it goes into enough detail for people and if this was the first book you read that tackles this subject I think you might be frustrated as there’s so little insight into HOW you might parent in a peaceful way and in connection with your children.
Vlad GURDIGA
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It’s the perfect book for parents that find being a parent hard, and want to understand why it’s hard. Even if you’ll not find the perfect answer for your situation, this will probably show you the direction where to look.
Frank Jude
Dec 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I've read some other books about the "controlling" model of parenting (and even many of the so-called 'alternative' models such as "attachment parenting" can be practiced from and within the controlling/power-over paradigm), Teresa Brett manages to present a most accessible, well-reasoned and well-argued presentation of what some may call the "supportive" paradigm of parenting.

What is the "controlling" paradigm? Generally, children are seen as "less-than" adults and more like "adults-in-tr
Rus Funk
May 21, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: parenting
So far this is a very dissapointing book. While I thoroughly support the premise, I am finding the book to be mostly shallow and lacking of any significant depth. It reads more like a stream of consciousness without taking the time to develop any of the thoughts beyond a thought. This really could be a great addition to the parenting literature, but I am finding it lacking in any real and meaningful implications.
Kathy Lyons
Read through twice to get myself to think more. This book is Improving my parenting and my relationship with my child. An essential book to read for jumping into unschooling. This woman is also a great speaker!
Liz
Apr 01, 2013

• All the Rage
  • My Dark Vanessa
  • My Not So Perfect Life
  • The Rosie Result (Don Tillman, #3)
  • The Enchantress Returns (The Land of Stories, #2)
  • Waiting Is Not Easy! (Elephant & Piggie, #22)
  • Love, Rosie
  • The Patterson Girls
  • Some Boys
  • America
  • Conviction: The Untold Story of Putting Jodi Arias Behind Bars
  • The Explosive Child: A New Approach for Understanding and Parenting Easily Frustrated, Chronically Inflexible Children
  • That's Not My Momma's Milk!
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
  • I Love My New Toy! (Elephant & Piggie, #5)
  • Greta the Earth Fairy: Special (Rainbow Magic Book 1)
  • The Rosie Effect (Don Tillman, #2)
  • The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse