Start by marking “Times Two: Two Women in Love and the Happy Family They Made” as Want to Read:
Times Two: Two Women in Love and the Happy Family They Made

Times Two: Two Women in Love and the Happy Family They Made

3.58  ·  Rating Details  ·  86 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
TO EVERY GOOD LOVE STORY, THERE IS A TWIST. Times Two is about two women meeting, falling madly in love, and realizing that they are so crazy about each other that they want to have a family together. The fact that they both get pregnant at the exact same time is where things start to get interesting.

Sarah Kate Ellis, a high-powered magazine executive, and Kristen Henders
Published April 5th 2011 by Free Press

To ask other readers questions about Times Two, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Times Two

The Kid by Dan SavageFairyland by Alysia AbbottConfessions of the Other Mother by Harlyn AizleyFamilies Like Mine by Abigail GarnerDoes This Baby Make Me Look Straight? by Dan Bucatinsky
Nonfiction: Gay & lesbian parenting
45th out of 124 books — 23 voters
Fun Home by Alison BechdelWhy Be Happy When You Could Be Normal? by Jeanette WintersonZami by Audre LordeAre You My Mother? by Alison BechdelWhen We Were Outlaws by Jeanne Cordova
Lesbian Memoirs
135th out of 178 books — 42 voters

More lists with this book...

Lissa
Dec 28, 2014 Lissa rated it liked it
The title of the book describes exactly what this book is about: two women meet, fall in love (after meeting twice; the first meeting didn't take), and decide to have a family together. Sarah, who has wanted a baby for a while, decides that she wants to try to get pregnant, but has trouble conceiving; once she does, she loses the baby. Kristen, who also wants a family with Sarah, decides to try to get pregnant as well, in effect doubling their chances of having a child. But - surprise - Sarah an ...more
Kimberly Wallbillich
made me laugh and cry, good read
Wimfest
Mar 21, 2012 Wimfest rated it liked it
A slow but funny book about two women's lives together before babies and becoming first time parents (both are expecting at the same time)...the ladies seem to have a great relationship and love for their children...Not a best seller, but worth the buy for the laugh...i literally laughed out loud at times. I would recommend reading other reviews and the first chapter on amazon for free and decide for yourself. If you are looking for a quick read...it is a book for you.
Heather
Jan 17, 2015 Heather rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction, memoir
Eh, whatever. Not the worst, but not exactly compelling. I'm sure the intent wasn't to come off privileged, whiny, spoiled, and narcissistic...but that's what I got from it. Seems like most of the book is Kristen and Sarah recovering from the complete and utter shock that when they randomly decided to have a baby, the universe didn't instantly procure one for them. I wish this had been better.
Jess
Nov 18, 2011 Jess rated it it was ok
These writers were so wealthy and so excited to dress their kids in pink and blue (they <3 gender norms for children!!!) that it was hard for me to relate to them, and a lot of the book was about their lives pre-children rather than about pregnancy or parenting, but it is always nice to get a window into someone else's experience, written in a fairly genuine and compassionate way.
Erika
Mildly interesting story about a lesbian couple where both women became pregnant at the same time. I might have liked this better if I hadn't found one of the women so irritatingly shallow. Sarah spent a month feeling miserable because the US technician couldn't tell the sex of her baby?! Please.
Cheryl
Dec 22, 2011 Cheryl rated it liked it
Can't resist a tale of two moms...one is an executive at Real Simple & the other is in Antigone Rising - they both end up pregnant at the same time. Not very well written (particularly the quotes of supposed dialogue), but it was indeed hard to put down.
Bethany
May 27, 2012 Bethany rated it liked it
read this while I was pregnant - what's better for putting my situation in perspective? Imagining how difficult things would be if my partner was also pregnant (not possible for Josh, but still). It's a pretty incredible story and it kept me entertained.
Tracy
Aug 06, 2011 Tracy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: autobiography
A great book about two amazing women, their family and friends....Through some heartache came two very beautiful "twins" They both have two amazingly full lives I am just curious if one or two more little ones may be in the future.
Lauren
Jul 15, 2011 Lauren rated it really liked it
Adorable quick read. Any Antigone Rising fan will love hearing band background. Their love story isn't mushy and their infertility issues are something any woman, gay or straight, can relate to.
Caitlin Jellybean
Sep 16, 2011 Caitlin Jellybean rated it really liked it
I felt that it dragged at times but also was laughing out loud. I liked the style of going back and forth between the authors and felt that this contributed to the humor and intimacy of the text.
Sphinx Feathers
Oct 03, 2015 Sphinx Feathers rated it liked it
Shelves: memoir, lgbt
Quite interesting and evocative. Sometimes the book was difficult to continue through, especially toward the end when the book sort of ran out of steam, but overall it was decent.
Jillian
Apr 23, 2012 Jillian rated it really liked it
Shelves: pregger-books
Quite the page turner! Although a fascinating story, it definitely proved my argument why my partner and I should NOT be pregnant at the same time ;)
Suzze Tiernan
Feb 25, 2011 Suzze Tiernan rated it really liked it
This was fun! I enjoyed journeying along with Kristen and Sarah as they fall in lov, try to get pregnant, and both end up expecting at the same time!
Katherine
Jul 23, 2011 Katherine rated it really liked it
A little contrived (the story and how it actually happened) but a good read nevertheless and you really feel for the characters.
Kate
Apr 24, 2011 Kate rated it liked it
I really wanted to like this book. It's a sweet story & a fast read but not as compelling as I had hoped.
Gina Becconsall
Jun 19, 2011 Gina Becconsall rated it liked it
Its a cute story and a fun, interesting read but not very compelling. But it was a good read.
Kerry
Kerry marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2015
Susana
Susana marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2015
Stephanie Post
Stephanie Post marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2015
Lauren
Lauren rated it it was amazing
Oct 15, 2015
Loran Peterman
Loran Peterman rated it really liked it
Sep 26, 2015
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2015
Michelle
Michelle is currently reading it
May 11, 2015
Christine
Christine rated it liked it
Mar 31, 2015
Pratibha
Pratibha marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
Laura rated it it was ok
Mar 13, 2015
Paula Shoffner
Paula Shoffner marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015