Start by marking “Times Two: Two Women in Love and the Happy Family They Made” as Want to Read:
Times Two: Two Women in Love and the Happy Family They Made

Times Two: Two Women in Love and the Happy Family They Made

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  83 ratings  ·  17 reviews
TO EVERY GOOD LOVE STORY, THERE IS A TWIST. Times Two is about two women meeting, falling madly in love, and realizing that they are so crazy about each other that they want to have a family together. The fact that they both get pregnant at the exact same time is where things start to get interesting.

Sarah Kate Ellis, a high-powered magazine executive, and Kristen Henders
Published April 5th 2011 by Free Press

To ask other readers questions about Times Two, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Times Two

The Kid by Dan SavageConfessions of the Other Mother by Harlyn AizleyFamilies Like Mine by Abigail GarnerA Family by Any Other Name by Bruce GillespieFairyland by Alysia Abbott
Nonfiction: Gay & lesbian parenting
43rd out of 118 books — 20 voters
Fun Home by Alison BechdelWhy Be Happy When You Could Be Normal? by Jeanette WintersonZami by Audre LordeAre You My Mother? by Alison BechdelNaked in the Promised Land by Lillian Faderman
Lesbian Memoirs
120th out of 163 books — 35 voters

More lists with this book...

Lissa
The title of the book describes exactly what this book is about: two women meet, fall in love (after meeting twice; the first meeting didn't take), and decide to have a family together. Sarah, who has wanted a baby for a while, decides that she wants to try to get pregnant, but has trouble conceiving; once she does, she loses the baby. Kristen, who also wants a family with Sarah, decides to try to get pregnant as well, in effect doubling their chances of having a child. But - surprise - Sarah an ...more
Kimberly Wallbillich
made me laugh and cry, good read
Wimfest
A slow but funny book about two women's lives together before babies and becoming first time parents (both are expecting at the same time)...the ladies seem to have a great relationship and love for their children...Not a best seller, but worth the buy for the laugh...i literally laughed out loud at times. I would recommend reading other reviews and the first chapter on amazon for free and decide for yourself. If you are looking for a quick read...it is a book for you.
Heather
Eh, whatever. Not the worst, but not exactly compelling. I'm sure the intent wasn't to come off privileged, whiny, spoiled, and narcissistic...but that's what I got from it. Seems like most of the book is Kristen and Sarah recovering from the complete and utter shock that when they randomly decided to have a baby, the universe didn't instantly procure one for them. I wish this had been better.
Jess
These writers were so wealthy and so excited to dress their kids in pink and blue (they <3 gender norms for children!!!) that it was hard for me to relate to them, and a lot of the book was about their lives pre-children rather than about pregnancy or parenting, but it is always nice to get a window into someone else's experience, written in a fairly genuine and compassionate way.
Erika
Mildly interesting story about a lesbian couple where both women became pregnant at the same time. I might have liked this better if I hadn't found one of the women so irritatingly shallow. Sarah spent a month feeling miserable because the US technician couldn't tell the sex of her baby?! Please.
Cheryl
Can't resist a tale of two moms...one is an executive at Real Simple & the other is in Antigone Rising - they both end up pregnant at the same time. Not very well written (particularly the quotes of supposed dialogue), but it was indeed hard to put down.
Bethany
read this while I was pregnant - what's better for putting my situation in perspective? Imagining how difficult things would be if my partner was also pregnant (not possible for Josh, but still). It's a pretty incredible story and it kept me entertained.
Tracy
A great book about two amazing women, their family and friends....Through some heartache came two very beautiful "twins" They both have two amazingly full lives I am just curious if one or two more little ones may be in the future.
Lauren
Adorable quick read. Any Antigone Rising fan will love hearing band background. Their love story isn't mushy and their infertility issues are something any woman, gay or straight, can relate to.
Caitlin Jellybean
I felt that it dragged at times but also was laughing out loud. I liked the style of going back and forth between the authors and felt that this contributed to the humor and intimacy of the text.
Sphinx Feathers
Quite interesting and evocative. Sometimes the book was difficult to continue through, especially toward the end when the book sort of ran out of steam, but overall it was decent.
Jillian
Quite the page turner! Although a fascinating story, it definitely proved my argument why my partner and I should NOT be pregnant at the same time ;)
Suzze Tiernan
This was fun! I enjoyed journeying along with Kristen and Sarah as they fall in lov, try to get pregnant, and both end up expecting at the same time!
Katherine
A little contrived (the story and how it actually happened) but a good read nevertheless and you really feel for the characters.
Kate
I really wanted to like this book. It's a sweet story & a fast read but not as compelling as I had hoped.
Gina Becconsall
Its a cute story and a fun, interesting read but not very compelling. But it was a good read.
Michelle
Michelle is currently reading it
May 11, 2015
Pratibha
Pratibha marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
Paula Shoffner
Paula Shoffner marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Carol Christine Mauck
Carol Christine Mauck marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Mahria Mauck
Mahria Mauck marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Charlie
Charlie marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Gracie
Gracie marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Ashley Tyler
Ashley Tyler is currently reading it
Jan 01, 2015