Start by marking “Will You Tolerate This? (Robin Hood, #1)” as Want to Read:
Will You Tolerate This? (Robin Hood, #1)

Will You Tolerate This? (Robin Hood #1)

3.42  ·  Rating details ·  52 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Robin of Locksley returns from the Crusades to find his people starving and oppressed by the new Sheriff of Nottingham. Under this tyrannical regime,the slightest crime attracts the heaviest punishment, and dissent is impossible. Robin soon discovers that the only way to reason with the Sheriff is with bow and arrow – even if it means sacrificing his lands and becoming an ...more
Audio CD, 1 page
Published (first published October 13th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Will You Tolerate This?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Will You Tolerate This?

harlequin {Stephanie}
Dec 13, 2012 rated it it was ok
Redundant if you've already seen the show. Been there, done that. *stands and takes a geek bow* Loved Richard Armitage narrating so I did finish it.

That voice could melt butter.
Apr 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was basically just a retelling of the first episode of the tv show Robin Hood, which I knew when I bought it.

Coming in at just a hair over an hour and a half in length, it's an enjoyable three-star listen.

Richard Armitage earns it the fourth star. That man's voice, y'all. Y'all.
Anja Breest
Jul 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: richards-reads
This is the Audiobook Version of the very first episode of the 2006 BBC Robin Hood Series.
The first episode was never my favourite, but it is necessary to set the scene for the rest of the series. By hearing it I was reminded of some small forgotten scenes and I think I have to see it again...

The story is narrated by Richard Armitage, who played Guy of Gisborne.
He read the Robin Hood audiobook(s) right after filming Robin Hood and with the actors voices still very present. So he is not only doi
Lennongirl
The very first episode of BBC's Robin Hood retold and read. It's basically the story as the viewer of the show knows it, but with a few extra information on the characters' thoughts and such, given it's in novel form with an omnipotent narrator. Nothing new but entertaining nevertheless!

The Reader: Check the tag "Armitage reads". He's the best and makes every audiobook worthwhile and just so much better by reading it. Nothing more to add, lol.
Amy
Apr 23, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult, 2011
A simple book based on the first episode of the BBC Robin Hood series. It was actually better than I thought it would be. The original script was used in the creating of this book, so there were a few little differences between it and Episode One. I've seen the first episode a few times, and this made a couple things more clear. And it started my suspicions of Gisborne right away.

Decent read, but only if you are a fan of the series or looking for a very light read.
Sheila
Jan 09, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read2014, audiobook
My idea of Much as a character was strongly formed by The Outlaws of Sherwood, and Much's characterization here is so different it drove me nuts. I think instead of buying the next audiobook in this series I'll just reread Outlaws.
Gill
Jun 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Not really into the whole Robin Hood thing but I enjoyed listening to this. It was read well, by Richard Armitage. Shame it is the first episode of the BBC TV Series...will need to hunt down the others now!
Angie
Jan 19, 2010 rated it really liked it
This book is basically the first episode of BBC's Robin Hood. I listened to the audiobook as read by Richard Armitage and I have to say he's a wonderful reader. There's something delightful about how pitch-perfect his character voices are.
Sophia
Dec 08, 2016 rated it liked it
I read the book, but could not find it here on goodreads. I thought it was nice since it was a while ago I saw the tv series. Took me one hour to read but it was fun during a borring train ride. Not great, but fun.
Daftwullie
If you like the TV show, you will like this. Better writing than I anticipated. I think it would hold up on it's own, but I did watch the show first, so I'm not sure.
Amanda
Mar 23, 2015 rated it liked it
I hate myself for reading this

I am so embarrassed about my life right now
Lynette ~ Escaping Reality – One Book at a Time ~
I loved this so much!
Read by Richard Armstrong (I think), it really brings more light to the episode, and I thoroughly enjoyed it!

I'm 15, and I highly recommend these Episode Audiobooks.
Devi
Sep 23, 2011
Eesia
Nov 27, 2010
Sarah Gray
rated it did not like it
Jun 04, 2015
Nov 01, 2013
Annie
Apr 10, 2016

Robin Hood (4 books)
  • Sheriff Got Your Tongue? (Robin Hood, #2)
  • Who Shot The Sheriff? (Robin Hood, #3)
  • Parent Hood (Robin Hood, #4)