Start by marking “Matchmakers 2.0 (Novel Nibbles)” as Want to Read:
Matchmakers 2.0 (Novel Nibbles)

Matchmakers 2.0

(Novel Nibbles)

MICK - Guppy scientist and victim of her self-inflicted dating adventures.

MIRI - Astrology whiz and promoter of steamy sex for the greater good.

DERRICK - Data genius and life idiot.

Meet the match team at MatchMakers.com, the web 2.0 online-dating service with a personal touch.

Can Mick lead her team, find a guy, and finally win Match the Loser? Enjoy a little humor, a littl
Nook, 140 pages
Published February 16th 2011 by Fireweed Publishing (first published February 12th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Matchmakers 2.0, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Matchmakers 2.0

Start your review of Matchmakers 2.0 (Novel Nibbles)
Lara
Jan 17, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: z-2012-in-2012
What a cute story about a young woman trying to find her way in the world. She works for an online dating agency trying to match difficult people, yet has trouble dating herself. She has great friends, likes to knit, and has a fabulous sense of humor. I really enjoyed it.
Kate Copeseeley
May 14, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the story of Mick, former guppy studier and current employee of MatchMakers.com —a local South Carolina company that matches up their customers based on a fancy computer algorithm. Obviously, computers don't always work. Which is why the company then sends the profiles to their crack team of professionals who use their wits, education and the occasional coin flip to figure out who goes with who.
This is a charming story, filled with multiple snappy comebacks and witticisms that reminded m
Cathy
Sep 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-books
What a pleasure it was to read this novella after some of the other crap I've read lately.
Matchmakers 2.0 tells the tale of Mick and her matchmaking team. They all have different approaches to getting the job done but it seems to work for their matches.
Mick, who studied guppy mating habits, is the team leader. She is a young woman who can't seem to find a date for herself.
Miri and Derrick are her team. Miri depends on astrology. Derrick, a likable geek, always wants new algorithms to make matche
Cyn Bagley
Jun 15, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Since I have started to support ebook authors, I found Debora Greary in the paranormal romance section. I was pleasantly surprised with Greary's book. This particular book is more normal than her other books. Mick works at an internet Matchmaker site, but has some problems with her own romance capabilities. And she also has a degree in guppy love.

When her friend wins a bet, Mick puts her name into the system and meets Sam. When she finds out that he is an erotica writer, (it pays the bills), sh
MK
Oct 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this story. As another reviewer said, it left you wanting more. Can't help but wonder if Geary won't return to this world someday. I read this book after I'd read every other single possible Witch Central (Geary's Modern Witch series (of series! lol) related stories available (at the time); this story has nothing to do with those stories .... and yet, like those worlds, I really loved immersing myself in this world. It feels like maybe this world has more tales to share, maybe :-)
Alice Yeh
Jun 02, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Debora Geary proves that a good story can be delivered in a small package, or rather, a "novel nibble". In roughly 20,000 words, we follow the antics of Derrick, Miri, and Mick, a quirky group of matchmakers with very different approaches towards the process. This year, Mick finds herself pulled into the fray and discovers what it's like on the client end of Matchmakers 2.0.

This novelette is refreshingly successful in its delivery of pure chick lit. Humor gives it that sense of buoyancy, while t
Patricia
4:52 p.m. I don't know why it took me so long to start this Novel Nibble, because it's really good so far. It's a quick & enjoyable read - at least until now. :)

10:00 p.m. I finished the book. It was an easy-read. Nothing that'll cause you a heart or headache. It's funny, short and worth the hour it took me to finish it.

Considiring Debora Geary's book-prices you won't do much wrong. She also enabled the lend-me-function, which I appreciate. :)

Next to Matchmakers 2.0 I won "A Modern Witch", wh
Bree
Mar 03, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: won-it, galley-grab

I did not know what to expect when reading this book, as I had never heard of the author, Debora Geary before.

I didn't expect it to be written so well and with such a solid story! Very well done! Also, it's short. I read the book in like an hour. But it's full too.

The main chick is Mick, and she is leader of the team at matchmakers.com that hooks up all the people that are finding it hard to find there match.

The focus of the book is Mick, who in losing a bet, h
Andie Murray
Mar 17, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a short novel, a novella really that was very enjoyable to read. The story moves along at a nice pace, and the characters are all pretty likable. They are not fully-developed because there isn't really time to make them into 3-dimensional people, but they are not flat or unlikable. Ms. Geary has created a fun, very light and enjoyable read.

I don't normally read novellas or short stories, but I'm glad I gave this one a chance. I don't give it 5 stars because it wasn't something that real
Mandolin
What does a girl who researched the mating habits of guppies do for a living? She works as a qualified professional matchmaker at one of the country's most popular web-based matchmaking companies, of course! Mick, whose own dating life leaves much to be desired, is the head of the personalized matchmaking group at MatchMakers.com. With astrology-crazy Miri and technogenius Derrick, she tries her hardest to match up the failures that fail the company's computerized matching service. When she lose ...more
Murphy's Library
from Murphy's Library — http://www.murphyslibrary.com/ — rated 4 and a half there

Matchmakers 2.0 is a novella that goes so fast that you are left wanting more. And I mean it. I read the pages really fast and when it ended up I wanted to know what happened after the last period. The characters are so likeable, it isn’t even funny.

A team of people are employed by Matchmakers to… erm… match people, and this is where—and doing what—we start this story. Micki is an amazing character and I found mysel
Monique
Jun 01, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Matchmakers 2.0 is not a novel. The author, Debora Geary, calls it a Novel Nibbles which is a cutesy way for saying short story. I finished this short while enjoying the day at the beach with my sister and cousin. It was very light and entertaining, the prefect beach read.

Since Matchmakers 2.0 is a short story there is not a lot of room for the character development that I am use from novels. The story is told from the point of view of Mick, a scientist turned online matchmaker. Mick is corky an
MiMi Rae
Feb 20, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
To start...this book was gifted to me though I am in no way a friend or even an acquaintance of this author (gotta love the Amazon community discussion boards :)

That said, I would buy this book in a heartbeat. I will definitely buy future Debora Geary books.
If you like romantic and sweetly funny stories, this one is for you! Mick (Michaela) and Sam are a great couple. Smart and funny with well thought out attitudes and responses. All characters including the secondary ones are interesting quir
Mike
Sep 22, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: indie, well-edited
I read this on the "read ALL the Debora Geary books" principle, because I love her Modern Witch series and its spinoffs. This isn't in the same setting and has completely new characters. In fact, it isn't in the same genre; no fantasy here, only romance (and humour). I enjoyed it anyway, if not as much as her main series.

Like most novellas, it would benefit from being filled out a little more, maybe even to novel length, but what there is is good. I found the humour actually funny (always a plus
Shelleyrae at Book'd Out
Matchmakers 2.0 is a charming and engaging short story. Surprisingly complete, Matchmakers 2.0 has a well crafted plot with well balanced elements in such a condensed format. I really enjoyed the light touch and sense of humor Geary bought to the story.
The author establishes her likeable main characters easily, developing a slightly quirky cast comprised of the staff and clients of Matchmakers. It's really Mick's story though, having lost a bet with her best friend she has to enter her details
Birgit
Apr 07, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Now I know what Novel Nibbles are. Debora Geary certainly presents a lovely reading nibble to everyone who loves chick lit. Admittedly though it is a short piece, more a novella than an actual novel, but don't let this keep you from reading the book.
Romantic and funny, highly entertaining, the story takes you on a hilarious trip into the world of dating, or more precisely, the world of online dating. The team around Mick is both distinctly drawn and wonderfully quirky which not only reflects in
Shirley
Apr 30, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Clearly the author takes great pride in her art as there were no typos or the requisite misuse of there vs. their vs. they're so often found in the writing of independent authors. This novel "nibble" as the author refers to them reminds me of the 30's era radio shows whose purpose was to entertain - to allow the listener to sit back, relax, and enjoy a simple story. The main character Mick, short for Michaela, has a few insecurity issues. Her friends encourage (push) her to put her foot to the f ...more
Urs
Feb 17, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-lendables
I stumbled upon this book while looking for something quick and suitable to read on lunch breaks and fifteen minute breaks. This book is perfect for that. It is a quick, easy read, with really short chapters. It was a humorous and cute read, as well.

The story follows Mick, who works for a matchmaking service. However, Mick has had trouble finding a match for herself in the past. She is surrounded by interesting and funny coworkers, friends, and potential matches to round out the character set.

T
Joe Young
May 16, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A delightful short story with characters that everyone will know and love. I'm amazed at how comfortable Ms. Geary's characters come across. These are people who we encounter in our lives daily (although some are a little quirky). Once the empathy starts, you have to root for your favorites. Even the HR person matches all those you've encountered throughout your life. I was especially gladdened by the results that emerged. I enjoy sympathetic characters that get together and seem to be headed fo ...more
Witchbaby
Dec 14, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
I’m really happy that I read the witch based books first. Don’t get me wrong, this is a cute story – fast paced & quirky – but it lacks a certain je ne sais quoi that the other stories have.

This is much more along the lines of a short traditional romance. I fell in love with the characters especially Mick. I really identify with her. So stuck in my head that I fail to see what is happening in my life. It would probably take a bet with a friend to get me to open up. I loved the pseudo scientist
Wendy-Lynn
Mar 04, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was definitely a "nibble" of a novel. Matchmakers 2.0 by Debora Geary was a pleasure to read. I just love Library Thing as you get to experience new novels and authors that you wouldn't normally pick up on your own. This was one of those. Even though it was short, it was enjoyable. Mick is an employee of an online dating service who sets up her own account. Essentially she becomes the client as well as the matchmaker. What a combination!! I don't think I would be able to do that. Very fun a ...more
Raymond
“This novel was a fun, quick read. All of the characters were very believable and likable and I found myself wanting to know more about them. It's a statement of the authors talent that such a short story can engage the reader and draw them into the story. The story was romantic without being cheesy or cliched and I was sad that the story ended. I would really like to see a series of these books following the characters lives. I recommend this book to anyone who wants a quick believable feel goo ...more
Chrissy
May 12, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2011
I am not a fan of short stories. I hate that they end just as I am really getting into them, but this one looked cute and light. I needed something to get me out of my reading slump and this was it! I totally loved every character right from the beginning. For a short story they were developed enough to really know them. The story moved along at a nice pace with just enough details. The ending was good and you felt satisfied with where all the characters were.

If you are looking for a short stor
Susan
Jan 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012, paranormal
This was a really cute short. Mick, aka Michaela, is a post-doc who studied the mating habits of fish, and was hired at an online dating company to help with their match-making system.

The story actually focuses on her budding relationship with a date she meets from the online service she works for. Mick had been on the wrong side of an agreement with her BFF about whether she could find a dating companion on her own.

Upbeat storyline, populated by some interesting characters, very enjoyable way
Kate Maeda
Aug 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I come back to this book often

Sometimes it's the antidote to a bad day, or my hope of inspiring goods dreams but I love reading this novella. It makes me happy. The protagonist has crazy friends and a weird job. She knits as a paying hobby and is a yarn enabler for her best friend. To pay off a bet she has to sign up for online dating (where she works) and the results have me laughing to tears even though this was probably my fifteenth reading of the book. Tomorrow night I might need help windin
Charlie
Mar 06, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, ebook
Matchmakers 2.0 was a very quick, yet very satisfying read. I read it in one sitting, and loved the main character Mick who is an employee of a dating service. After making a deal, she herself ends up with her own profile on the database. It’s really easy to read, and quite believable. My only complaint was how it ended…too soon! A must read, I know I will be looking for more from author, Debora Geary.

I got this book through the LibraryThing Member’s Giveaway Program.
Vivian
Mar 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
Wasn't quite sure what to expect when I received this novella, but it was a quite enjoyable read. The main character, Mick, works for a Matchmaking firm in North Carolina. And although this is 2011, she is quite naive in many ways but entirely believable. A quick read that is well-written, funny and timely in this era of online dating. This was my first novella by Ms. Geary but I can't wait to read more.
Rhonda
Mar 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I liked it was cute fast read. I wanted more of the characters. they were fun for the most part. It dose not make me want to do on line dating. mick,derrik & Miri are the human match that work together fixing the matches after the computer ones. they work together in a fun way. Mick lost the bet with her friend so she has to enter her profile to the computer. first date does not work out but second is interesting one. lots of talk about dates, dating and fix ups. I enjoyed it. ...more
Kitty
Mar 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay, this was just plain fun. It was sweet without being annoying, and funny without being stupid. Even though it's just a novella, it still felt like a complete story - just a quick one. I finished reading it this afternoon, and I still have a goofy grin on my face, just because the book made me happy. I love books that make me happy. The only thing wrong with it is that I finished it already! I will definitely be buying more from this author.
Stefanie
Mar 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book so much! I found each of the characters to be delightful! I can not wait until next month until Ms. Geary's next book comes out. I realy enjoyed the wide variety of characters in this book. Where else are you going to find a granny, an erotic author, a prude, and a computer nerd all together? I also enjoyed that it took place in my home state! This was a great gift from the author!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Say You're Mine
  • Kin Selection (A Shifter’s Claim, #1)
  • It All Starts Here: Sweet Romance Collection: 3 Stand-Alone Series Starters
  • A Pack of Blood and Lies
  • Baby Animals Of The World
  • What Underwear Does a Zebra Wear?: Illustrated Jokes: Especially Great For Very Young Kids.
  • Puppy Love - World's Cutest Puppies: Dog Facts and Picture Book for Kids
  • Disney Descendants: Dizzy's New Fortune -- FCBD Chapter 1 Preview
  • Sweep with Me (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4.5)
  • Knock Knock!: Over 100 Funny Knock Knock Jokes for Kids (Best Jokes for Kids)
  • Scott Pilgrim Free Comic Book Day Story
  • Natural Mage (Magical Mayhem #2)
  • Natural Witch (Magical Mayhem #1)
  • Fused in Fire (Fire and Ice Trilogy, #3)
  • Warrior Fae Princess (Warrior Fae, #2)
  • The Kinsman Universe
  • The Pursuit of William Abbey
  • The Slap

Novel Nibbles (2 books)
  • To Love a Witch (Novel Nibbles)

News & Interviews

“The greatest impediment to women's liberation is dumb commercials.” 9 likes
“No drunken orgy could possibly cause as much next-day exhaustion as a birthday party for six year olds.” 1 likes