Start by marking “Interest Of Justice” as Want to Read:
Interest Of Justice

Interest Of Justice

Lara Sanderstone is a young, dedicated judge when her sister is brutally murdered and life spins out of control. She finds herself coping with her troubled fourteen-year-old nephew and the shocking possibility that he is connected to the murder. Then the presiding judge accuses Lara of impropriety and social services try to take her nephew away. Suddenly Lara realises she ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages
Published August 5th 1996 by Orion (first published January 1993)

Start your review of Interest Of Justice
Kara Klos
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
Interest of Justice started out very slow and maintained that pace until the last 50 pages or so. I really struggled to get through this book. The main character is Lara - most people pronounced it “Laura” but the author never tells you how it’s truly pronounced. Lara is an unlikeable and lonely judge with no life to speak of. While she claimed to have strong ethics, she made questionable decisions that indicated otherwise. Her sister and brother in law are semi-estranged from her and involved ...more
Jennifer Robb
Jan 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Recommended to Jennifer by: Avon Lake Public Library
This book was on the book exchange rack at the library, and I thought it might be a change of pace from the usual Love Inspired type books usually on the rack.

The book starts slowly with a lot of information and background--some of it becomes important later in the book. The narrative style is distant from what's going on which made it hard for me to become absorbed in the story.

Lara Sanderstone is a dichotomy. She's somewhat successful professionally and claims she holds strong ethics. In her
Dirk Lapere
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: not-recommend
A plot full of cliches and low credibility. Main character is a judge who believes she is the best thing since sliced bread, yet equally corrupt as the people she judges. When she becomes the indirect victim of violence, she loses all composure and demands justice (this is the only thing I liked : the irony of judges acting one way as judge, but when the boot is put on the other foot, they behave just like all victims : out for revenge and justice).

Throw in a few cliche characters (handsome
Lissa Wells
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hard-cover
This was a great book! A great legal thriller that takes you on a wild ride with lots of twists and turns
Christa Ruhnke
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great read. I was hooked and suprised all the way through. Family, relationships, trust, betrayal, etc.
Linda
Jun 15, 2017 rated it did not like it
Couldn't finish this book, everything on it was bad.
Gene Steinbacher
Mar 02, 2019 rated it liked it
The characters in this book didn't seem very intelligent. Police officers telling Lara, the judge (and main character) details on an ongoing investigation telling her not to share the information. Then she proceeds to share the information with others, causing even more troubles. The author did keep me guessing on who the villian was.
Steen
Lara Sanderstone is a Judge, whose life takes an unexpected twist when she finds herself having to take care of her nephew, Josh, after her sister Ivory and her sisters husband turns up dead. The last few years her sister Ivory had denied Lara any contact with her nephew so when he has to move in with her since she is the only family he has left, tensions rise.

Lara is determined to find out who killed her sister but as little bits of the pieces come together her suspicions are cast on everyone
Joe
May 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
A wild ride, in the legal thriller genre. The author's inside knowledge of the criminal justice system has you shaking your head and wondering how the "System" really works even today. Judge Lara Sanderstone finds out her sister and brother in law are brutally murdered, leaving her in care of their son, her nephew that she has been estranged from for years. Thinking the murders were drug related, the Judge finds her life in danger when she realizes there is much more going on and now her life is ...more
Legolas Devildog
Feb 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Another huge hit in the legal thriller area. I love the knowledge that Nancy Taylor Rosenberg shows when she writes a book. You can see the truth in the legal scenes and how they play out. More then once you will sigh and wonder why the system is the way it is sometimes but you know that is how it is because we have seen it at work. Judge Sandstone (Lara) has to take her nephew in when her Sister and Brother in Law are murdered and because she was estranged for years it is a huge adjustment. ...more
Marti
Dec 01, 2009 rated it liked it
i found this book interesting for two reasons--the fact that it was about a single woman who is a judge in california, and second for the outrageous plot twists and turns that it takes. the lifestyle of judge lara sanderstone is far removed from that of her sister Ivory. There is some drivel about how beautiful Ivory is, and how she was expected to become a Hollywood actress, despite the fact that she seems to have a mental defect. the parts where the orphaned nephew is interacting with a young ...more
Cara Byrne
A gripping page turner from the beginning. Easy to read, not too technical (always a thumbs up from me!) and not too far fetched. Judge Lara Sanderstone hears her sister has been brutally murdered. She finds she is having to cope with her fourteen year old nephew who might be linked to the murder. Then, Lara is accused of impropriety and social services try to take her nephew away. When the investigation uncovers shocking facts about her sister's life, Lara realises that she may have been the ...more
S
Sep 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a gripping book from beginning to end, where the courtroom drama was as much a thrill as the mystery itself. Highly recommended. content warning: there's explicit language, violence and sex in this book.
Joanne
Jun 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
this was my first book by this author. I am surprised that it didn't get a better rating...I really enjoyed it and was ready to read another as soon as I finished. This book (author) is one of the most enjoyable I have read...perhaps I won't be as impressed with some of her other books.
Cheryl Galmore
Jan 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is the second book I have read by this author. She has a good handle on the judicial system and the books always leave you on the edge of your chair with the twists and turns. Just when you think you have figured out who did it, something changes.
Doingitrightdj
Nov 16, 2009 rated it liked it
With the exception of a slow start, INTEREST OF JUSTICE is a good mystery with some redemption and a surprise ending. The book cover on the book that I read is different from the one in the photo, but the author and title are the same.
Don
Dec 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: p-2010_goal-33
Interest of Justice was one of my first Nancy Taylor Rosenberg reads. It was thoroughly enjoyable if you like the suspense, but not too gory, type of thriller set with among the legal scene.
Chamie
Dec 19, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: everyone
i love rosenberg's writting there is never a boring moment.
Cheer Papworth
Apr 20, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: suspense
I read all of Nancy Taylor Rosenberg's books. They are a bit disturbing in the nature of the crimes, but they are well written and interesting.
Roxie Gallinger
Sep 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
first time reader of this author, really enjoyed the book,keeps you guessing right to the end,then the characters you thought did turned out that it wasn't them after all, really enjoyed the read
Patricia
Ellen
Judge Sanderson
Debbie
Jan 04, 2015 rated it it was ok
This book was irritating in the same way Kate Winslet's character in the Titanic was.
Craig
Ladyjexie
Sep 09, 2008
Tammy
Feb 17, 2013

• Homicide by Horse Show (Creature Comforts #2)
  • Two Are Better Than One
  • The Confession
  • Grace
  • After All These Years
  • The Dark Lake
  • Saint X
  • The God Game
  • Low Country Christmas (Safe Haven #3)
  • Trust Me
  • The Chamber
  • Report from Engine Co. 82
  • SeinLanguage
  • Moonlight Mile (Kenzie & Gennaro,#6)
  • I Owe Russia $1200
  • Mean Spirit
  • La sostanza del male
  • Los comuneros
With a BA in English and 5 years as a photographic model behind her, Nancy Taylor Rosenberg studied criminology. She served in the Dallas Police Department, New Mexico State Police, Ventura Police Department and as an Investigative Probation Officer in Court Services for the Country of Ventura where she handled major crimes. She lives in California.