Start by marking “L'alliance de minuit (Minuit, #3)” as Want to Read:
L'alliance de minuit (Minuit, #3)

L'alliance de minuit

(Midnight Breed #3)

4.25  ·  Rating details ·  39,318 ratings  ·  1,112 reviews
Elise Chase a perdu son mari et son fils et cherche à se venger des responsables : les rebelles. Tegan, l'un des plus anciens guerriers de la Lignée, a également perdu sa femme. Lorsque Elise est agressée par les rebelles eux-mêmes, Tegan la sauve. Malgré leurs tempéraments opposés, Elise est Tegan doivent œuvrer ensemble contre les mêmes ennemis.
Leur lutte les entraîne à
Mass Market Paperback, 480 pages
Published May 20th 2011 by Milady (first published November 27th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about L'alliance de minuit, please sign up.
arabia I'd definitely say that you'd have to read the other books first. Not only is the series following a continued story line, Elise's character in this b…moreI'd definitely say that you'd have to read the other books first. Not only is the series following a continued story line, Elise's character in this book is greatly influenced by things that went on in the previous book.(less)

·  39,318 ratings  ·  1,112 reviews

Start your review of L'alliance de minuit (Minuit, #3)
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
5 OMG someone hose me down it's Tegan Stars

OMFG I am so in love with Tegan! He was just so badass, damaged, and lickable! Tegan lost his 1st breedmate in the worst way ever and it nearly drove him rouge. He had his walls up and didn't let anyone in. He was so alone and cold I just wanted to make him all better. Elise who was more demure in the last book came out kicking major ass in this one. She lost her Breedmate and then her teenage son. She has nothing left but making those that killed h
Jilly
If I were a vampire, I would totally want to go around killing assholes. It would be awesome to cure society's ills every time I wanted a snack. Maybe I'd even make some sort of spandex suit with a giant V on the front and be some sort of superhero vigilante. That would be sweet.

And, have you ever noticed how wealthy vampires in all these books seem to be? They live in mansions, drive cars that cost more than my house, wear designer everything... and yet they don't have jobs. What the hell?

But,
AJ
OH MY FREAKING GOD, I LOVED THIS BOOK! It has the perfect mix of romance, action, and the paranormal world to make this a really brilliant read for me.

Rolling orange fire silhouetted him from behind, backlighting the warrior’s broad shoulders and casual, long-legged stride. As he strolled away from the inferno, the ends of his loose black coat winged out behind him like a cape befitting the prince of darkness himself.
“Holy hell,” Brock murmured. “Tegan.”

Holy hell, Tegan, indeed!!! The third bo
Debra Johnson
Midnight Awakening by Lara Adrian
Genres: Adult, Mystery, Paranormal, Romance, Suspense
5 solid stars

Can't think of anything to change from my previous review.
Although I think I enjoyed reading it even more this time around.

Review from March 2016
6 No 7 STARS!!
Exquisitely well written. Be prepared, because you will not be able to stop reading. I find it amazing that each book in this series gets better than the one before it. You will feel completely connected to Tegan and Elise. The world building
NAT.orious reads ☽
3 sobering ★★★✩✩
This book is for you if… you are in search for an overly unrealistic love story with a frighteningly good depiction of an alternate reality with an apocalyptic mood that features an alien version of vampires.

Overall.
I've read this book many times and even though I totally love this series, I have one recurring thought every single time I read this book: a painful past does. not. justify. [claps her hands] harmful. [claps her hands] behaviour. in the present.
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
This is one of those reviews where I have to eat my words. I have to say that I really grew to like Elise. I didn't think I would care for her as a heroine after the last book in the series, Kiss of Crimson. But I found that I liked and respected her. She has lost a lot, but rose like a phoenix from the ashes. She made herself strong, even though she was raised like a delicate flower in the Chase family, told what to think, how to act, and what she should do with her life.

Elise suffers terribly
Stacie
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tpam-br
3 3/4 "For the action!" Stars!

Slightly spoilerish...

(view spoiler)
MG
I read the first two book in this series about a year ago, and then I picked back up with this one for a BR --- and I'm glad I did!

Elise is the widow of an influential Darkhaven/Enforcement Agency male who died 5 years ago; to make matters worse, her son Camden was turned Rogue ("bad vamp") by the drug (crimson) that has been circulated among the young vampire community for nefarious purposes; when he turned on his mother 4 months ago, his uncle was forced to kill him. Since then, Elise has made
Zeek
Feb 12, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After my disappointment with the last book I read in Adrain's Breedmate series, I wasn't sure if I wanted to go on. However, Tegan's character intrigued me from the get go so I couldn't let his book go unread.

Elise Chase suffered remarkable loss in recent years. The loss of her beloved mate hurt her tremendously- but it was the loss of their son that devastated her. Determined to avenge his death, she transforms herself from a sheltered aristocrat to an emotionless hunter who will stop at nothin
Crista
Wow.....just WOW!

Until now, if anyone asked, I would have said that Lara Adrien's Midnight Breed series was good but not great. I would've said that it paled in comparison to Ward's BDB. I would've said that it wasn't anything really special. Now, I stand corrected. Midnight Awakening was something really special and I couldn't put it down!

What made this book different from the previous two was the incredible off the charts chemistry between Tegan and Elise. The previous books waited too long to
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
I could have enjoyed this book. A lot. But I had struggles with connecting with the characters, specially Elise Chase (how old is she?). Though she was cool, stubborn, naive and loyal, I still felt like I was on the outside looking in when it comes it Elise. Still not over the fact that she has the same as me.
He was the ghost you never saw coming, death breathing down your neck before you even realized you were in the crosshairs.

Breed warrior Tegan (more than seven centuries of exis
Alisha
Nov 16, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of wrecked-hearts mending through love
Quick Take: Loved it! My fave so far. The two leads were a great and compelling match. I'd recommend having read book two before jumping into the series with this book.

I'm glad to note that thus far, I've enjoyed each Midnight Breed book more than the last. Granted, I've only finished three installments now, but the direction of the trend is a very promising one. In this story we're treated to a closer look at Tegan, the most closed and inaccessible of the Breed warriors. Up to now he's seemed s
Anja
Aug 17, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
Audiobook.

2.5 stars.

Apart from the beginning and the very end, this book bored me and left me frustrated. The author’s style does not suit me. She is quite wordy and uses a lot of narrative. I wanted more dialogue and more action. The author also spent too much time on past protagonist pair-ups. I did not need the level of detail she gave on how they got together. It would’ve been sufficient to say "this is what’s his name and what’s his name’s girlfriend with X superpower."

I never connected wit
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Each book of the Midnight Breed series gets exponentially better than the one before it. I found that Dante and Tess were a perfect pair in Kiss of Crimson, but Tegan and Elise have just topped them in my eyes.

I’m always drawn to the guys who are cold-hearted and loners and perhaps that’s why Tegan caught my eye from the very beginning. There’s something so raw and powerful about him that you wish you can get close enough to get to know him. But that’s the thing with these types of characters. T
Sophia Triad
Breed warrior Tegan
Special ability: Gen one warrior, Second in command,
Senses truth and emotions through touch
Age: 700 years old

Breed mate Elise
Special ability: Hearing ugly thoughts of Rogues, Minios, Humans
Occupation: Darkhaven resident for more than 100 years. No occupation obtained.
Mark place: Right thigh, inner side.

Settings: Boston, Berlin, Prague

Tegan had a devastating loss centuries ago. His wife turned into minion and she was killed. Elise had a devastating loss recently. Her son
Shawna
5 stars - Vampire Romance

Midnight Awakening focuses on the unlikely relationship that develops between brooding Breed warrior Tegan and Darkhaven widow Elise. Tegan is dark, volatile, solitary, sexy, and surprisingly tender. This is probably the steamiest book in the series due to the great chemistry and sexual tension between Tegan and Elise. I loved this book! The Midnight Breed series rocks!
Delta
First read Jan 31, 2015
Second read October 2015
Third read September 2019
Lover of Romance
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance My Review
Summary
Elise Chase has left dark haven, the only home she has ever known to get justice for the death of her son. She has trained herself to fight and hunts down rogues in the city. She is on a mission and nothing is going to change her mind. When she stumbles on a minion and kills him, she is drawn into a danger she didn't see coming and then Tegan rescues her. Tegan is shocked to see Elise fighting or living in a run dow
DarienMoya
Jan 17, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampires, 2010-reads
Welcome to the world of Breed warriors, a group of vampires who have sworn to protect the civilian race of vampires and humans from rogues who have lost their senses to the disease of bloodlust. Bloodlust is the equivalent of a human being addicted to drugs, and all that these rogue vamps can think of is the undying need to quench their thirst. It has started a war that seems to have no end. This is the 3rd book in the Breed series.

This is about Tegan a Gen One( first generation vamp) the deadli
Gina
Out of the three novels, I can't decide which I liked more. If forced to choose, however, I'd have to say this one is my favourite... so far.

More excellent actions scenes that have you holding your breath. More erotic sex scenes that leave you just as breathless as the characters...

I'm so unbelievably happy for Tegan and Elise, happy that they found each other, happy that they found the love that was lacking. After all they'd been through, they so deserve each other.

Maket gets what he deserves,
Aղցela W.
I really like this series. At the beginning of this book I didn't like Tegan much I thought that he was too harsh with Elise, but in the end I think he maybe my favorite so far. Elise Chase has left the darkhaven that she was living she is a widow and after the death of her only son who went rogue after getting hooked on crimson the drug that Ben made that drug that turned vampires rogue her son was killed by her former brother in law Sterling she made a promise to hunt minions and kill as many ...more
Beanbag Love
Sep 17, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is probably the best of the Breeds series so far. Hmm. Best of Breed. Sounds like a dog show. But I digress.

Tegan and Elise are a great couple for several reasons. I think the biggest one is that we didn't have to go through the whole thing of the female learning what she is. It was nice that she already knew all about the Breeds and everything else was just the story. They were both strong, damaged characters who had no intention of falling in love, but they respected each other right off
Akaria Gale
Oct 03, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampires
It's official. I love the Breed! After finding the previous two books a little lacking it was so satisfying to see Adrian finally hit it out of the park with Tegan and Elise. The couple is matched perfectly. Both of them have lost mates due to the war with the Rogues. Most recently, Elise also lost her son to the drug Crimson. They know pain loss and Tegan especially understands Elise's need to kill as many Minions as she can. He's been filled with the same need for the past five hundred years.

T
Christel
Mar 21, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: laura-stamps
This is the 3rd book in the Midnight Breed series and I have liked this one the best so far. Tegan is an old vampire, a generation one. Elise is the formaer Breedmate to a Darkhaven breed who was killed. He son was killed in the last book, "Kiss of Crimson". Just the interaction as Tegan and Elise fight their feelings for one another is great. Now off to reaad Number4
Rebecca
Nov 25, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
(Midnight Breed,#3) The relationship between hardcore Breed warrior Tegan and beautiful Darkhaven widow Elise Chase was steamy and compelling, stemming from admiration and common purpose. I loved Elise’s transformation from composed and gentle to tough and vengeful. The story is nicely done, very suspenseful, and seems to lead the series in a new direction. Great ending!
Sep 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved Tegan and Elise

The story does go a little slow in this.... Luckily both Elise and Tegan were really addictive characters with a lot of layers, both tortured and saving each other....

The ending opens a whole new can of worms and a new big bad.....
Stellaria
3 star rating!

Maybe I did a mistake jumping right on book number 3 in the series but the blurb was great, so I decided to start from there.

The plot was very interesting. I like to read paranormal books once in a while and the start was promising. But in the half of the book I felt kind of tired. The author's describing the main characters was different from what their actions spoke to me. I was feeling something else, my impression was different. For example the main character Elise was describe
◊♦ Naomi
Midnight Awakening was incredible! This book was different than the first two, in a good way. Even though I loved Kiss of Midnight and Kiss of Crimson, Midnight Awakening is a very powerful story with two amazing main characters.

The MCs are super important for me (and for everyone I guess), but most of the time, I don’t love the MCs the same. I always prefer the hero. But in this book, I really loved them both. Tegan and Elise are awesome and their story was so good! I’ve said it before and I’ll
Soraia
The Midnight Breed series is something that requires patience.

On the first book you get a rough story, with not much of a plot line and lots of unexplained details. The heroine, Gabrielle, is nothing interesting, the conflicts are not well justified and the hero's nine hundred years of past are just boring.

The second book gets a little better. The heroine is more charming with a better constructed past, an amazing breedmate ability but still a little annoying. Dante, the hero, is less conflict
Lady Allison
Nov 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: BDB fans, any fan of great vamp romance

• Passion Unleashed (Demonica #3)
  • Darkness Rises (Immortal Guardians, #4)
  • Shadows Strike (Immortal Guardians, #6)
  • Phantom Shadows (Immortal Guardians, #3)
  • Night Reigns (Immortal Guardians, #2)
  • Night Unbound (Immortal Guardians, #5)
  • Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #7)
  • Ecstasy Unveiled (Demonica #4)
  • Death of Darkness  (Immortal Guardians, #9)
  • Devoured by Darkness (Guardians of Eternity, #7)
  • Lover Enshrined (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #6)
  • Darkness Everlasting (Guardians of Eternity, #3)
  • Lover Revealed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #4)
  • Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #2)
  • Blade of Darkness (Immortal Guardians, #7)
  • Darkness Unleashed (Guardians of Eternity, #5)
  • Awaken the Darkness (Immortal Guardians #8)
  • Beyond the Darkness (Guardians of Eternity, #6)
LARA ADRIAN is a New York Times and #1 internationally best-selling author with nearly 4 million books in print and digital worldwide and translations licensed to more than 20 countries. Her books have been named among Amazon’s Top Ten Romances of the Year, and have also been nominated by readers multiple times as finalists for the Goodreads Choice Award for Best Romance of the Year. Reviewers hav ...more

Midnight Breed (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed,  #1)
  • Kiss of Crimson (Midnight Breed, #2)
  • Midnight Rising (Midnight Breed, #4)
  • Veil of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #5)
  • Ashes of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #6)
  • Shades of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #7)
  • Taken by Midnight (Midnight Breed, #8)
  • Deeper Than Midnight (Midnight Breed, #9)
  • Darker After Midnight (Midnight Breed, #10)
  • Edge of Dawn (Midnight Breed, #11)