Start by marking “Elvis: A Graphic Novel” as Want to Read:
Elvis: A Graphic Novel

Elvis: A Graphic Novel (American Graphic)

2.96  ·  Rating details ·  23 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Elvis Presley was the King of Rock 'n' Roll. But his career was not all glitter and glory. The hip-shaking stardom of the 1950s sank into an embarrassing string of bad movies in the 1960s. Could Elvis kick-start his career and reconnect with his audience? Join him on his '68 Comeback Special and witness the King rise again.
Published February 1st 2011 by Capstone Press (first published January 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Elvis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Elvis

Jan
Oct 26, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novel
flashbacks will be hard for young readers who are unfamiliar with the subject's life
Allie Mueller
Sep 11, 2016 added it
Shelves: 1-10
Aaron Milnes
Feb 19, 2016 rated it it was ok
Graphic Novel Elvis by Terry Collins this graphic novel tells the story in a comic book hero fashion of Elvis trying to get back to the top.
Target Audience: Intermediate
Text to self: I have mentioned before I am a comic book movie fan, so this style of story telling catches my attention. The main character Elvis is my grandmothers absolute favorite performer. So when I was browsing through the graphic novels and saw this I had to get it. On a personal note Elvis and I have a name in common, Aar
Juliana
Picked this up for my 8 y.o. at the library. She wasn't interested in learning about Elvis so I read it on my own. Nice little intro about Elvis for kids. I was struck by the number of cultural references would be foreign to my child.

BTW my mom and aunt took my grandmother to see a very young Elvis in concert in New Orleans. She was shocked by the concert but also seemed to have a good humor about it. She later my ran into him in a department store and said, "You... You're...!" He asked her to n
Heather
When I choose to read this book, I thought it was an adult graphic novel. It is not!! For a children's graphic novel it is very good and still contains interesting facts - some that I didn't even know.

However, compared to Johnny Cash and Jeffrey Dahmer this would be a one-star for both story and illustrations. Good intro to Elvis for the young though
Olivia
Apr 03, 2015 rated it liked it
This book is about Elvis and his life. This book I think could teach us a few lessons but the one that speaks to me that applies to myself and the world is chasing your dreams. Everyone in the world should be chasing what they are passionate about. Elvis did this and he achieved so much. Everyone should be able to have a chance and chase what they want to do in their life.
Kelly
Apr 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
This book actually gave me tingles down my spine in the way it was told. It showed how he came to fame by focusing on one event in the present. Clearly a well-written and illustrated book. Has a lot of good info, too.
Gary Anderson
Jun 15, 2011 rated it it was ok
Although a graphic novel of Elvis Presley's life is a good idea, this one is mostly just sloppy--sloppy art, sloppy story-telling, sloppy writing.
Sonic
Apr 16, 2016 rated it did not like it
A graphic novel about Elvis? What's not to love?

All of it.

Not only is this poorly written, ... when your 1978 Elvis looks like your 1956 Elvis, well, ... you got problems.
Sara Asendorf
Dec 26, 2016
Kat
Jul 28, 2017
21961
I write. I teach. I teach writing. I write about teaching. I read about writing and write about reading and teach about both when not dealing with the paperwork being a high school educator demands in our current political clime. I'm National Board Certified in my discipline (English).

I've won awards, published constantly since 1989, and just wrapped up a two-year tenure as the editor and designer
More about Terry Collins...

American Graphic (6 books)
  • Thunder Rolling Down the Mountain: The Story of Chief Joseph and the Nez Perce
  • Houdini: The Life of the Great Escape Artist
  • The Bambino: The Story of Babe Ruth's Legendary 1927 Season (American Graphic)
  • X: A Biography of Malcolm X