Start by marking “Happily Never After (Night Huntress, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Happily Never After (Night Huntress, #1.5)

Happily Never After

(Night Huntress #1.5)

Isabella Spaga is about to reluctantly walk down the aisle with Mr. Dangerously Wrong...but not if dashing vampire Chance has anything to say about it. As a favor to Bones, Chance has come to derail this wedding of beauty to the beast. Now if only he can keep his hands off the bride. From New York Times bestselling author Jeaniene Frost’s Night Huntress world, it’s the wed

Published July 19th 2011 by Avon (first published May 28th 2008)

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
*sighs happily* I've always loved this story.

My love of necessary violence and Bad Boys makes anything mafia-related an obvious choice for me, and while this novella's villain is a gangster wannabe, it's still a lot of fun.

Once upon a time, Greta Spaga was a member of Bones' household. She left to live a human life with the man she fell in love with, but when her grandchildren find themselves in a bad situation, she doesn't hesitate to ask him for help.

Bones can't take care of the situation him
Sophia Triad
Greta used to be one of Bones's girls (and I really wonder whether Cat will ever know that besides the hookups with multiple random parterns, Bones also used to have permanent female residents as his blood donors in his house). Now, Greta's grandchildren are in trouble. Her favourite grandson Frazier has disappeared and her favourite granddaughter Isa is forced to marry a gangster.

Greta will ask Bones'help and he will sent Chance to help her. Bones is Chance's sire. Chance will be attracted to I
Danielle (Bookwhoreblog) Perez
Nov 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is a short story about a woman named Isabella and her brother Frazier. Frazier becomes mixed up with the mob, and his involvement causes Isa to be forced to marry a man she has no desire to be with. Lucky for Isa her grandmother has an old friend named Bones; and Bones has a loyal friend named Chance who comes to save the day. I have had this book for awhile and I have put it off for a long time. I am such a huge fan of Cat and Bones love story that I wasn't sure how I would react to any of ...more
❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️
What a great novella! I can't believe I missed this one during my read of the Night Huntress novels!!
Ray
Mar 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: vamp-romance
Again, a nice little side story novella. It was good, and it filled some things. It wasn't omg. It was nice.
Baylee
Una storia breve assolutamente spassosa, perfetta per un attimo di relax. Non mi aspettavo una storia così ben delineata in appena 112 pagine.

La vicenda prende inizio da una nonnetta decisamente arzilla - basti pensare che è stata una delle amanti di Bones! - che chiede aiuto proprio al nostro amatissimo vampiro, ai tempi impegnato a trovare Cat.

Ora, nonna Greta è preoccupata per le sorti dei due nipoti, Frazier e Isabella, intrallazzati loro malgrado con la mafia e il boss locale. E Bones, da v
Britta ★ Nachteule ★

Fair warning: While set in the Night Huntress World this is not a story about Cat and Bones! (Bones makes an appearance for a sec or two in the beginning and the end, though.)

We meet Chance, a vampire sired by Bones, who is helping Isa to find her brother and to prevent her wedding with the local mobster.

I really liked both MCs.
Isa had a quick mind that made me smirk more than once. (Yeast infection is all I say!)
Chance... We don't get a lot of him and his backround. I liked him, thoug
Sera ~ Catty Reader
Feb 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5/5 stars

I really enjoyed reading this short story. It is set in the same universe as the night huntress series (kind of logic since it's a novella from the same series, but still good to know).
It however doesn't really involve Cat and Bones. Though Bones does make an appearance in two scenes. This whole story is about the vampire Chance who is helping out Isabella as a favor to his Sire, who happens to be Bones. It's a nice short story with humour, romance and suspence and great for a nice sh
Danielle
I love the Night Huntress World novels (but this one was just too short. Frost did not even try to remind readers of who Chance was and his history with Bones, she simply made a brief reference that Bones had been Chance's master but now Chance was a Master himself. I have read every book in the Night Huntress series and the Night Huntress World series but I still could not remember Chance, and therefore I could not picture what he looked like. I could not picture what Chance looked like and I d ...more
Kathy (Kindle-aholic)
Jul 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: novellas
4.5 Stars

I actually first got this in Weddings From Hell - it was my intro into the Night Huntress world and I loved it. Cat & Bones have only a tiny part to play, but since I didn't know who Cat & Bones were, it really didn't matter. This story was wonderful on it's own.

Hero and heroine were fantastic, great chemistry (all hail Ms. Frost - the queen of the smexy), I believed the romance (a neat feat in a novella) and I absolutely LOVED the grandma (kickass grannies are the best!)

Maria Dimitrova
Oct 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Set in the world of the night huntress this story takes us away from the usual main characters and let's us see a little of the world away from the constant drama surrounding Cat and Bones.

I really hated the situation in which Isabella was in and loved the way Chance played with her betrothed before he was finally killed. Short and funny, it was a great way to fill in half an hour of free time.
Selly - Leggere Romanticamente
La Frost mi piace sempre ma questo era troppo corto!
Fortuna che tra pochi giorni arriva VLAD!!! *___*
Kimberley doruyter
very clever lady.
Danielle
Nov 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Rating: 4.5 stars!

2018 reread:
I still really love this novella, and I hope that we get to see some of Chance and Isa in future novels in this series.

2015 review:
I actually really enjoyed this novella. In fact, just in the 2 novellas and one novel I've read of Frost's, I've decided that I really do like her third person voice in the 2 novellas than her 1st person in novels. In general, I prefer third person over first, but with Frost, I feel her writing is stronger in the third person and makes
May 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
When Bones is asked for help by a human he cares for he sends Chance to assist her. Greta is worried for her grandchildren and doesn't hesitate when it comes to accepting Chance's help. What should have been a simple job becomes much more complicated when Chance sets eyes on Isabella but can he help her and her brother?

I've read quite a few novellas and can happily say this is one of the best. Although it is part of the Night Huntress series it doesn't feature Cat and we only have a brief appear
Becky ♡The Bookworm♡
This was a cute addition to the Night Huntress series that introduces readers to Chance and Isabella ("Isa"). When Isabella's brother gets into trouble with the local mob, she finds herself engaged to Robert "Robbery" Bertini, the next big crime lord wannabe. She goes along with Robert's rediculous demands - agreeing to a date, getting fitted to his mother's wedding gown and playing the attentive (sometimes) fiancee, all to keep her brother safe. Her biggest fear is that something will go wrong ...more
Ami
Nov 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
Though set in the world of Night Huntress, this one doesn't feature Cat, Bones (oh, he appears a little bit), nor their bands of friends. Instead, this feature a vampire named Chance (whom Bones sires) who has been asked for favor (by Bones) to help a woman named Isabella. Isa is forced to marry a mafia boss to help her brother.

I really enjoy Ms. Frost's writing ... and though (at first) I am kinda bummed that this one is NOT about Cat and Bones, I forget about it quick enough because Isa and Ch
Pam Nelson
5 Grave Stars

I have to say getting more/different characters in this world makes me want more, more, more.
This world Jeaniene has created is probably one of my most favorites to come back to over and over again.

I really enjoyed the fact that Isa didn’t freak out and go screaming in to the night when she found out what and who Chance is.

She was open minded and didn’t judge. Sure she questioned who wouldn’t.
To be honest I can’t remember reading this the first time, so I am glad I re read this
Anna (Bobs Her Hair)
Aug 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: paranormal romance fans
Loved it! So funny!

Chance has a simple job for a master vampire. His task is to save Isabella Spaga from coerced marraige to a wannabe Goodfellas mafia boss as a favor to an old friend. These mobsters have a hard time getting Chance to sleep with the fishes. Isabella teaches women the power of Vagisil. LOL (You have to read it.) This novella delivers laughs and romance.

Bones has teeny tine scene. This story can stand alone. Enjoy!
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Feb 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Frost Fans, Night Huntress Fans, Cat-n-Bones fans
C/chance is certainly what I gave this story. Without C/chance this story only had to be connected to Bones N Cat in some way, no matter how insignificant. I would have read it.

Hot guy in a dark corner watching your every move. Creep? Hot? Sexy? Intoxicating? Maybe a bit of all the above but there is nothing about it as bad as marrying a man you just can't stand.

Thanks, Jeaniene, I'm a very happy girl.
Stacie
Sep 01, 2015 rated it liked it
3 1/2 Stars!

Very nice little addition to the series. Not much Bones, no Cat at all, but still good. I liked Chance a lot. Happy reading!
J Stanley
Mar 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!! I love Jeaniene's writing and the entire world she built.
Persis Menon
Aug 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I can't get enough!!
Mona
Feb 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I only wish this book was longer that's how much I enjoyed it. You can never get enough of Jeaniene's books!
Michelle ♣ Ndayeni
Note: In the event it proves relevant, at the time I write this review I have only read Halfway to the Grave and Reckoning in this series, thus I only have knowledge of characters that appear in those books.

As someone who is still fairly new to the Night Huntress universe, I thoroughly enjoyed this short story even though it seems to be only minimally connected to the main book that proceeds it. We only get a few glimpses of Bones here, and he seems somehow a bit different, though perhaps his be
Berls
Jul 16, 2013 rated it liked it
My Initial Reaction...
Happily Never After was a fun, quick read that gave me a bit of the Night Huntress world, without focusing at all on Cat and Bones. I enjoyed it and hope I get to see some of these characters more!

The Good...
I really loved the characters in Happily Never After. They're decently well developed for a short and have fun personalities. Greta was my favorite character - she's Isabella's grandmother and an OLD friend of Bones. She calls on him for some help for her grandchildr
Jessica (a GREAT read)
Jul 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Jeaniene Frost's Happily Never After is a fun quick read! I didn't read it when it was originally in Weddings From Hell, so I was super happy that it was available as a Kindle book for a low cost of $2!

I love Jeaniene's Night Huntress world and reading a novella set in it, even with different characters, is still amazing!

Isabella is one tough chick! She's in a helluva situation where she literally has to marry this prick of a dude! Robert is a mobster and like any jerky guy he wants what he can'
Kerry
Aug 27, 2011 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this. It was just a fun, short story in a world I enjoy and a good read between a serious SF book (Ammonite) and a serious fantasy book (Peril's Gate).

Wanting a quick read before seriously getting back into Peril’s Gate (and, if I’m honest, something short enough I could squeeze it in as an August read), I picked up Jeaniene Frost’s Happily Never After, which was a short piece set in her Night Huntress world. It was originally published in an anthology (Weddings from Hell I think it wa
Sabrina (Soter) Sally
"Alcuni la chiamavano chimica, altri infatuazione, altri ancora destino. A Chance non interessava etichettare quella sensazione. Sapeva soltanto che era reale."

"Eterna è la notte" è una breve novella collegata alla famosa serie di Cat&Bones ma non aspettatevi di rivedere qualche vecchio amico perché "incroceremo" giusto Bones un paio di volte e niente più (a quel tempo Cat non era ancora entrata in scena ;D). Pur non aggiungendo nulla alla serie principale, sono comunque contenta della scelt
Rebecca
Aug 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
As most of you know today is the release of the much anticipated One Grave at a Time, the sixth book in The Night Huntress series. In fact if you’re reading this review after 9AM on August 30,2011. I have most likely already drug my children to the store, am back home, and reading my copy. Now if you are one of the few that does not know the awesomeness that is Jeaniene Frost, Happily Never After is a great please to start.

Even though this novella is set between the first and second books in the
Audiobooks: Three new Jeaniene Frost novellas 1 22 Jun 24, 2014 12:46PM
  • Weddings from Hell
  • Unbound (The Hollows, #7.5; Night Huntress, #0.5; Sign of the Zodiac, #4.5; Dark Days, #0.6)
  • Four Dukes and a Devil (The Byrons of Braebourne #1.5)
  • A Family Affair (Cassandra Palmer, #4.1)
  • Home (Downside Ghosts, #3.6)
  • Death's Excellent Vacation
  • Hunted (Vampires in America, #6.5)
  • Driving Mr. Dead (Half-Moon Hollow, #1.5)
  • Forbidden Blood (House of Comarre, #0.5)
  • Devil's Luck (The Disillusionists, #3.5)
  • Eternity Embraced (Demonica, #4.5)
  • Leashing the Tempest (Arcadia Bell, #2.5)
  • A Taste of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #9.5)
  • For I Have Sinned (Charley Davidson, #1.5)
  • The Golem Hunt (Jaz Parks, #3.5)
  • Angels' Flight (Guild Hunter, #0.4, #0.6, #0.8, #3.5)
  • Ember (Darkest London, #0.5)
  • The Renegade Hunter (Argeneau #12; Rogue Hunter #3)
Jeaniene Frost is the New York Times, USA Today, and international bestselling author of the Night Huntress series, the Night Prince series, the Broken Destiny series, and the upcoming Night Rebel series. To date, foreign rights for her novels have sold to twenty different countries. Jeaniene lives in Florida with her husband Matthew, who long ago accepted that she rarely cooks and always sleeps i ...more

Night Huntress (7 books)
  • Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1)
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
  • At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3)
  • Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress, #4)
  • This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress, #5)
  • One Grave at a Time (Night Huntress, #6)
  • Up from the Grave (Night Huntress, #7)
“Do you know want I'm going to do first thing tomorrow?"
"Can I put in a request?"
"I'm going to call every man I've ever had sex with and demand an apology.”
30 likes
“Then, when people saw you strolling around at high noon holding your rosary beads, they’d think, ‘Well, that can’t be a vampire.” 12 likes