Start by marking “The Spiral Path” as Want to Read:
The Spiral Path

The Spiral Path

After defecting from the Star Union eleven years ago, Starship Captain Lara Soto is now the leader of the free Chimerans. Her only regret is the intense young officer she left behind. When Terra's S.U.S. Interlace goes missing with her brother Rafael on board, she has to push aside the pain of her betrayal and team up with her old love once again.

Commodore Mitch Yoshida h
Published March 28th 2011 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about The Spiral Path, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Spiral Path

AnnaM
Apr 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011-sfrs, sfr
I read this novella really fast. There was quite a bit of romance to it.

On the SFR spectrum this one is definitely over by the Romance.

The Spiral Path was unique because I've never read a story where the main plot hinged on dimensional phase shifting--the ability to travel from one dimension to another or, in this case, exist in both at once using wrist devices. The hero/heroine being from different dimensions was presented believably and well. The Romance was believable and hot in places. It
Matthew
May 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
A fun and concise adventure that combines science fiction and romance. The ideas are cool and the sex is sweaty, so what more could you want? Check it out!
Sohvi
May 04, 2018 rated it did not like it
The idea of dimension hopping usually annoys me in scifi, but I actually liked the way it was done in this. Unfortunately I didn't like most other things.

Lara had potential to be excellent and very kick-ass character, but for some reason none of the characters really had any personalities. Lara had the most, but even she was a bit two-dimensional (see what I did there, eh?)

I can see the potential, but this really should have taken a lot more work to be an actual book. I would give a second sho
Jo  (Mixed Book Bag)
Mar 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
Lisa Paitz Spindler has set The Spiral Path in a unique universe. Terra and Creed are located in different dimensions. The wormhole that opens up to connect the two is called the spiral path. Only children with one parent from Creed and one parent from Terra can stay in either dimension. Others must limit their time when they travel between the two.

Star Ship Captain Lara Soto is a Chimeran, a child of both Terra and Creed. Lara was part of the Terran Star Union until Terran tried to turn the Chi
Cleffairy
Mar 28, 2011 rated it liked it
Reviewed at: Library of Lights

Date reviewed: 27 Feb 2011

Review link: http://mykindaland.com/?p=167

The Spiral Path by Lisa Paitz Spindler is a science-fiction romance with fantastic background setting. The story was fast-paced and I had no difficulties in turning the pages. I do with there’s more passion in the story, though. I feel that there wasn’t enough romantic scenes in there. Perhaps there was, just that I couldn’t get enough.

I sincerely hope that there’s more books to read from this autho
Tamahome

I liked the kindle sample well enough, although it definitely has some romance. Lisa is an Sfsignal blogger/podcaster. Shouldn't the cover have a shirtless man? I think it's a novellette, since the audiobook is 4 hours.

Kerry  sullivan
May 08, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
I found this book overly complicated and drawn out. I got as far as page 52 and gave up as I found I really didn't care what happened to any of the characters. The premiss of the story was good but the execution of the plot just didn't do it for me.
Stacey
Mar 22, 2014 rated it it was ok
Didn't really work for me. I liked the setup. But the world building fell short for me (are the Havens planets? Space stations? If planets, are habitable planets common?). The wrist-syncs were too convenient. The main characters reconnected a bit too easily.
Leslie Dicken
Feb 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favs
Read this novella as an ARC. Loved it. Fascinating science mingles with romance and a kick-ass heroine. A top-rate Science Fiction Romance!!
Jaime