Start by marking “Flashpoint” as Want to Read:
Flashpoint

Flashpoint (Troubleshooters #7)

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  6,804 Ratings  ·  256 Reviews
Jimmy Nash has already lived two lives - and he can’t talk about either of them. Formerly an operative of a top secret government agency, he has found a new job with a shadowy company called SOS Inc. Created by a former Navy SEAL, SOS Inc. helps anyone in desperate need - which provides a perfect cover for its other, more perilous objective: covert special operations.

Now N
Audio CD, Unabridged - Library Ed, 13 pages
Published June 10th 2004 by Brilliance Audio (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Flashpoint, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flashpoint

Hildy
Oct 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not going to lie. I was a little ticked off with Suzanne Brockmann for not giving me Max's story next. I desperately need to get to Max and she threw Nash and Decker at me first and I didn't even care. I was tempted to book skip because MAX, but I didn't. Well, as almost always, I was all sorts of wrong. This book was highly entertaining and I couldn't stop reading it.

What was a little different with this instalment in the series is that it was really only one story. Nash and Decker are bud
Shawna
5 stars – Romantic Suspense

This is another great read in the thrilling Troubleshooters series. The formula is somewhat different this time around than the previous 6 books because it marks the beginning of a new stage in the series where missions are carried out by the newly formed Troubleshooters, Inc., which is comprised of former members of SEAL Team 16 and various government agencies.

There are lots of new characters introduced in this story and several of them have key roles in the plot, but
Robin
Jul 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jimmy Nash and Lawrence Decker work undercover for the CIA. They both leave the Agency after an incident where they were deemed expendable. A major earthquake in the country of Kazbekistan has caused the war-torn country to open its borders for aid. This gives Tom Paoletti's group, Troubleshooters, Inc., a chance to enter the country posing as relief workers. Their mission is to find the laptop of an al-Queda operative who was killed in the earthquake. Nash and Decker are part of the group infil ...more
Leea
Jan 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars...

He wanted her with a sudden sharpness that triggered an equally powerful realization. It was so strong it nearly made him stagger.

In Flashpoint the seventh book in the highly acclaimed Troubleshooter Series by Suzanne Brockmann we're introduced to a whole new group of heros. Tess is a computer geek who love Buffy the Vampire slayer and has been infatuated with Diego "Jimmy" Nash for a long time. He sits on her desk eating from her little bowl of candies ever time he's in her offi
¸. • * ° *❧Gwendolyn❧•°**★❧ •°**★
HEY, WHERE DID EVERYBODY GO, SAM, ALYSIA, JULES, MAX?

Man oh man was this book ever so different!

IMO, what made this one so different~

♣The main character's~ Pretty much are all new~They are intriging. My heart goes to Sophia she's so broken.

♣The writing~ No WWII story .

♣The setting~Kazbekistan, this 3rd world country was realistic and very well written~I liked it alot but, dang it was so depressing~

♣The plot~really good, but,predictable.

♣The ending was not epic, but really good

♣The only constant
Wendy F
What can I saw about the book 7 of the Troubleshooters series... hmmmm...

Well, first off, there's always about a third of the book where I'm just agitated. It's the recipe for the series to have one character fighting his/her attraction to the other. Someday I'm going to write a romance novel where they just happily fall in love and something ELSE happens to keep them apart. I just want to dive into the pages with a frying pan and lay one of them out. This installment was no different. James 'Di
Michael
I heard this author’s thrillers could be pretty entertaining, but I was seriously disappointed with this one. A small company of ex-military and CIA guys who take on a covert operations contract work get tapped by the U.S. government to get the goods on an al-Qaeda plot brewing in Kazbekistan. (No, you are not slipping up in your geography—it is just a fictional place, a generic jihadist regime; at this point a few years after 9-11, all those “Stans” kind of blur anyway). The country has just be ...more
Rossy
I only finished this book because am anxious to read Max's story, but the way this story was told made me actually stop reading it more than once. The dynamic from the previous books was missing and the lack of knowledge on these new characters didn't make it any better. The story itself would have been fine on its own, but after reading the first 6 books one after the other it was a bit shocking.
Kirsten **Be A Dragon**
Previously having read this author's book The Admiral's Bride, I was looking forward to this book. Unfortunately, I was disappointed. There was little chemistry between the main couple for me (even though they **** like bunnies!). The only bright points were the characters of Khalid, Sophia, and Decker.
Lorraine.Hates.Cliffhanger.Endings!

there was something missing from this story. I don't know what it was, I did enjoy it but it was lacking substance
jenjn79
Tara
You know it's hard when a book like this comes in the middle of the series. This is like a series reboot essentially. This book was difficult because EVERYTHING changed with this book.
The format of the storytelling was different:
Romance: instead of there being a main romance, a WW2 romance, and a secondary romance, plus a possible set up for a future book, there was just one sort of main romance and one sort of maybe set up for something later. Basically the romance was a generic girl and boy
Peridot_Lyoness
Anita
Jul 07, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romantic-supense
At lot of the characters in this book are always sorry about one thing or another. There is a lot of angst in this one that is surprising in this series. The mission also takes a far backseat to the romances. Not my favorite by a long shot.

We get a new cast of characters as Tom Paoletti gets his security firm, Troubleshooters Incorporated, up and running. We meet Jimmy Nash, aka 007, and Tess Bailey who are the romantic couple this time around. Jimmy is a wet work type for the Agency and has iss
Charlene
3.5 stars, raising to 4 stars.

I do get tired of romances where one or both people in the couple feels he or she is "not worthy" of the beloved, or is a commitment phobe for similar reasons. There was much more of this here than in previous books in this series. The proportion of pages spent on angsty romance to action and suspense is heavily weighted on romance. There is also no WW II story included.

At the end of my library's hard copy book, there is a (very) short story about Sam and Alyssa on
Lisa - (Aussie Girl)
You know an author is great when after finishing a fantastic six book story arc she can follow it up with another fantastic instalment. Book seven, Flashpoint starts off in a different direction, as Commander Tom Paoletti's Troubleshooters Inc gets off the ground with its first mission. And this means new characters and new dynamics. After the heart stopping action of the previous book I thought Flashpoint was bound to be a let down. But no way, Tess Bailey, James "Diego" Nash and Lawrence Decke ...more
Mareli
Jan 13, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After the huge story in Gone too far, this one is a bit subtle and it seemed to me a bit short but it was good. In this story I fell in love with Sophia, a damaged soul, with a baggage so sad and big, I wonder if she ever will be able to find some happiness.

Truth to be told, I didn't like the main character, Jimmy Nash, so much. I liked the heroine, Tess, a great woman and I'm not so sure Jimmy deserved her.

But my hope are all for Sophia and Deck, another damaged soul. I'll keep my fingers cross
Tasha
Not one of my favorites because it didn't contain any of the usual team members. The main characters of this one, I didn't know. I might have enjoyed it more if they had been introduced in other books first instead of giving them their own book when they were still unknowns.
Wendy
Sep 01, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sep-12, jul-16
Really enjoyed this 7th book in the Troubleshooter series again :)
JBradford
My eldest daughter expressed surprise on seeing a Suzanne Brockmann book on my kitchen table, telling me that Brockmann writes sex romances (she ought to know, as that is about all she reads). I picked it up from the library as an espionage/mystery because I liked the cover photo, and it moré or less lives up to both sides.

The story features three former members of the CIA, including two hardened fighters and a computer-nerd office girl who wants to be in the field. Following a rather unbelievab
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
3.5 Stars

This book introduces a new cast of characters to the Troubleshooters series, which I found a bit confusing at first as this book immediatly jumps straight in to action, and I was wondering, "Who the hell are these people, and what have they done with the Troubleshooters?!" However, once I got into the story I enjoyed reaing about the new characters and their connections. The focus of this story was of two of the new characters, Tess Bailey, and Jimmy Nash.

I actually found it hard to war
LaFleurBleue
This book is clearly a turning point in the series, as it is the first in which some of the Seals from Team 16 have set their own company and work independently. Therefore there are some new entries with different profiles and experience. The hero and his long-time partner make their entrance here, accompanied with a Seal whose name I had just read once or twice before. The hero is a very black character, much blacker, more secretive and tortured than usual. He's not a former Seal, marine and mo ...more
Wendy
Although I really liked this book, there was just something about it that I can't give it all five stars. I think it was that when writing a conversation between the main characters, Nash and Tess, she would rarely finish sentences. Saying something like, "I just can't tell you about.....". It really got annoying! Some thing else, that I hadn't noticed in any of her other books, Is that there wasn't very much specific detail about the things that they were doing. Like if they kissed, it just sai ...more
Deb
This book isn't up to Brockmann's normal standards and even by genre standards it is mediocre. Instead of multiple storylines with complex characters we get a single storyline with multiple points of view and flat characters. A lot of ink is spent on describing really interesting sounding characters, but when it comes time for them to act and speak they are all pretty generic.

The pacing is dreadful with lots of heavily padded scenes in which nothing of import is learned. Then when something real
Sofia Grey
OK, while I love and rave over almost all the Troubleshooters series, this one holds my attention the most. Why? I think it has to do with Nash. I'm a sucker for the enigmatic, emotionally distant playboy character, and love to watch them unravel for that special, certain someone... and Nash unravels perfectly.

Tess Bailey does not appear to be the perfect woman for him. He is movie-star handsome with a 007-complex, while she looks like a farm girl (round cheeks & freckles), and is described
Sandra ~ ♥ Cross My Heart ♥
4.5 Stars I was expecting to feel a little let down after reading Sam's story and with this story hosting some new characters hired on by Tom as he gets his new TroubleShooters Team up & running. But, man oh man...Nash & Decker stepped up to the plate and knocked it out of the park! What an awesome, intriguing, suspenseful, heartfelt story! I applaud what Brockman did with this story...great way to ease into the new TS outfit & meet some of the new guys. A Must Read!
Colleen
I was hesitant about this one in the series since it's the introduction of Troubleshooters, Inc. and doesn't include the characters we have come to know and love from SEALS TEAM 16, but I was WRONG! I loved Jimmy Nash's character so much and I can't wait to read more about him (and Tess, and Decker, and Sophia) in the upcoming books.
Krista (I remember you, Min) (Critical)
Well, my only complaint is that this book spent way, and I mean waaaaay too much time with Decker, whose book this is not. In fact, I'm pretty sure more time is spent with Decker and/or Sophia than with Jimmy and/or Tess. It bugged me, because I'm practically obsessed with Jimmy, so...yeah.
Laura (Kyahgirl)
This was a good book. I didn't like it as much as some of the other trouble shooter series for some reason.... I think Tess and Nash and Decker just didn't come together for me as believable characters.
Jenifer Mohammed
Mar 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
I absolutely loved this story of how Tess and Nash get together. Great to see the friendship between Nash and Decker too. Interesting to see where Sophie and Deck's relationship will go.
  • Next to Die (SEAL Team 12, #4)
  • To the Brink (The Bodyguards, #3)
  • Kiss and Tell (T-FLAC, #2)
  • Crazy Kisses (Steele Street, #4)
  • Breakpoint (High Risk, #4)
After childhood plans to become the captain of a starship didn’t pan out, Suzanne Brockmann took her fascination with military history, her respect for the men and women who serve, her reverence for diversity, and her love of storytelling, and explored brave new worlds as a bestselling romance author. Over the past twenty-five years she has written more than fifty-five novels, including her award- ...more
More about Suzanne Brockmann...

Troubleshooters (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • The Unsung Hero (Troubleshooters, #1)
  • The Defiant Hero (Troubleshooters, #2)
  • Over the Edge (Troubleshooters, #3)
  • Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)
  • Into the Night (Troubleshooters, #5)
  • Gone Too Far (Troubleshooters, #6)
  • Hot Target (Troubleshooters, #8)
  • Breaking Point (Troubleshooters, #9)
  • Into the Storm (Troubleshooters, #10)
  • Force of Nature (Troubleshooters, #11)

“That leaves Decker and what's his name, Mr. I'm Too Sexy for My Shirt.” 16 likes
“You're the very nicest jerk I know.” 9 likes