Start by marking “Destined (House of Night, #9)” as Want to Read:
Destined (House of Night, #9)

Destined

(House of Night #9)

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  71,976 ratings  ·  2,687 reviews
Zoey is finally home where she belongs, safe with her Guardian Warrior, Stark, by her side, and preparing to face off against Neferet – which would be a whole lot easier if the High Counsel saw the ex-High Priestess for what she really is. Kalona has released his hold on Rephaim, and, through Nyx's gift of a human form, Rephaim and Stevie Rae are finally able to be togethe ...more
Hardcover, First Edition, 325 pages
Published October 25th 2011 by St. Martin's Press

·  71,976 ratings  ·  2,687 reviews

Start your review of Destined (House of Night, #9)
Thomas Reynolds
Feb 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Why are they bringing heath back? He's friggin dead. Just let zoey and stark live their life happy without zoeys ho problem >_< ...more
Heather
Jan 11, 2011 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I want to shoot Heath in the face, I <3 STARK! ...more
Sakina (Y.L.) Angel
Jan 02, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one
Shelves: supernatural, urgh
For the record, I hate this series like I've hated no other. But I just want to know what happens next... :/

...And after finishing it, I'm like: "Great. Not another cliffhanger."

If only the authors had put more thought into it from the start - the books have become so overrun with narratives that I'm wondering what is the point of the authors narrating Zoey in first person now? Seems to me this is a massive case of "we're making this up as we go along..."

If this was an anime, then I suppose it c
is mee... kissa
DIE HEATH DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIE!!!
ahem - okay Kissa, okay. You're getting closer to the end of the series. Just this one and then 3 more to go.
... and Heath is coming back! He's dead! Heath! The guy who I've wanted to hit since book 1! Don't bring him back! And I thought the books were finally starting to move forward. You're going backwards! Define: House of Night: see, Draco Malfoy's quotes: "if you were any slower, you'd be going backwards".
Manny
Jan 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: need-to-read
Oh my god is she really gonna bring heath into the mix. gggrrrrr he's dead move on. ( GO TEAM STARK!!)
Love thease books
Keep it up girls can't wait till Nov
May 30, 2011 rated it liked it
REVIEW DOWN BELOW!!!

Wow. Okay. Cool cover. I mean, there are abs in it. What could possibly go wrong with a hottie like that on the cover?

Ugh. Despite my love for the cover I can already predict that this book is going to be...yet another usless novel.

1) Heath is coming back. Oh Heath, you can be sweet sometimes, but my real feelings for you lie in my hands that want to slap you senseles. YOU WILL GET NO REMORSE HEATH LUCK!

2) Like I said up there, this is not going to be good. The lack of..
~Poppy~
Jun 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.75 Stars
Still my favorite character is Rephaim!!
Patricia
After people seemed to appreciate my Silence review (ahem) I felt like maybe writing a ranty summary-ish not!review for Destined might be in order. (Especially because of the entire "Those books suck, but I still want to know what happens" thing most of the not-fans have going on.)

What's happened till now

- Zoey became first fledgling High Priestess, very buddy buddy with Nyx (Goddess of all vampires)
- Stevie Ray, BBF of Zoey, is read vamp's High Priestess. (Red vamps haven't survived their trans
Michael
Jan 13, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: judge-me
Addictions suck. Especially when, as you're reading through it, your thought process is something like "Oh dear lord why am I reading this why are they talking like ten year olds why is absolutely nothing happening in the plot and even worse why am I enjoying it?" I seem to think this way when reading every installment in this series, and Destined is no exception.

Perhaps the most frustrating thing about this series is the dichotomy between the plot and the characters. The Casts (well, really, P.
hayden
Sep 05, 2010 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of the previous books, especially those who didn't like AWAKENED
The House of Night series is the definition of a guilty pleasure -- something you shouldn't like but do anyway. Let's face it -- the series has been going on for WAAAAAAAY too long. It could've -- and should've -- stopped at four. But it didn't. And some of us, like me, are still here, hanging on and enjoying the ride. For instance, it's obvious, and I mean really obvious, when the authors are inserting other people's works into their stories. For example (on page 63 of Destined):
"Actually,
Camilla Belle
whyyyyyyy? why??? I know that Heath might look sweet and everything but COME ON Zoey already has Stark and they are bound together for life plus they are in love ... ok now its good to know that in this book not always what is dead stays dead but please Heath was already an issue when he was alive, then he was a problem when he died, clearly nobody wants him back, lmao thats not fair for Stark... Since the first book Zoey has been having boys issues (with her having more than one boyfriend) firs ...more
Jess
I'm at a loss for words. Ok, I'll try to pull myself together enough to make a descent review for this well deserving book. Here it goes. I LOVE THIS SERIES! I can't express why, but I feel like if these books are ever insulted, I feel personally offended and like blow up like a bomb lol ;) This series is a great way to escape the all to troubling world and if this books release date dosen't hurry up and get here, there's gonna be trouble ;) can't tell you how much I love it, really. Thanks for ...more
R
Feb 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I haven't read this book yet but I can't wait for it to come out! I actually cryed for like 10 minutes because Heath died (I don't usually cry when characters die) and I'm actually glad that Heath may get a second chance and maybe be with Zoey again!
Taneika
More of my reviews can be found at Flipping Through the Pages!

This is going to be a pretty crappy review..
I would like to say, despite this review, the reason I give these books 3 stars is because they are extremely addictive! I love the drama, I love the story and I love how it's like watching Jersey Shore or something (haven't actually watched more than an episode), you know it's bad but you just can't get away because it is mind-blowingly entertaining. Like Jerry Springer, or something...

Her
Sophia Triad
This is another book in the series in which so many things happen and it has too many storylines that have started from previous books and they will continue in the next book. If I try to describe the plot, everything will be a spoiler.

I just have three important things to mention:

1. I love the bookcover which represents the Aurox/white bull. Obviously he plays a big part in this book.

2. My favourite scene of the book is again connected to the death of another favourite character:

“My own,” he s
emily_oriley
The thing I dislike most about this book is that it should've been combined with the previous book -over seventy percent of this was not only unimportant but simply did not even need to be there at all. The parts with Lenobia, completely pointless -I gained NOTHING from reading through them. The whole thing with the Twins is equally pointless unless it's played up in the next book, which, I highly doubt it will be. Overall, this was a blatant excuse to push out as many books in a series as they ...more
Katy
Oct 12, 2012 rated it did not like it
Problems I had with this book:
1) Too many points of view.
2) Way too much drama, but I was indifferent to it all.
3) They're talking about "love," but I don't see the spark between any of the romances.

The characters in this book are no longer the ones I liked in the earlier books. And of all the guys, I liked Stark the best, but even now, he's some insignificant consort. I really should have stopped reading this series after Book 5.
Demi
Apr 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think you guys are crazy for hating Heath he is so adorable. Plus he clearly loves his Zo. I mean Stark is alright, but Heath never fails to make me smile :D
Kit Kat
I have never really hated a series this much before. This series could have ended like 5 books ago and it's still going. I don't even know when it's going to end and I don't want to find out. The only reason I got so far in this series is because of Stevie Rae and Rephaim. They were the only parts that were interesting and didn't want me to rip the book in half. After reading another extremely badly written book, I have decided to give up. Zoey really got on my nerve and I hate how she treated E ...more
J.M. Clinton
Jul 23, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Full Review at:

I feel utterly underwhelmed and disappointed with this book. Hence the 1.5 star rating. It had its good parts and then there were the parts that were literally left to be desired. First with the parts that I felt disappointed with. Spelling and grammar are a big issue that I seem to be finding within each book. I still seem to question how it managed to get past the editing process. There was the added issue of chapters missing and somehow b
Shelley
*Rating* 3.0
*Genre* YA Paranormal

*Review*

I had serious reservations about reading this book and continuing with this series especially with such a horrific main character. Yet again, Zoey is annoying and childish. The why me fascade has become tiresome and boring as all hell. You are no longer a child! You have been given a huge opportunity and yet you whine and cry and mop around like a spoiled brat.

Understandably, Zoe finds out that her own mother was murdered and wants answers. The answers s
Naomi
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such an amazing ending! I was crying so much!
- ̗̀ whoreofbookboyfriends ̖́-
I won’t be doing review on my website for this series just because I’m almost done with it and it’d be .. weird? Maybe I’ll do reviews when I reread them all.
I’d like to start with the fact that I love our characters! I mean, they’ve been with me for sooo freaking long, I wanna be their friend! I’m so scared of this series’ ending because I don’t wanna say goodbye to them, like...ever but oh my, it’s approaching so quickly and I’m. Not. Ready.
Jay G
Apr 21, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Want to see more bookish things from me? Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfer...

3.5/5 Stars
Nicole
Jan 17, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: own, vampires
The 'House Of Night' books are like an episode of Jerry Springer; not at all mentally stimulating, you actually feel dumber for watching it, and yet — AND YET! — you can't bring yourself to change the channel; or in this case, stop reading.

Somehow this book manages to be quite long even though, nothing really happens. The entirety of this book can really have taken place in one chapter. The "climax" was completely obvious and not even vaguely surprising. I found that the best part about the enti
Brie
Oct 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: on-my-shelf
Heath!!!!!!!:):):):)
I cant wait for more Heath <3
"Sometimes I think I should have been the one to die and Heath should have been the one who stayed with you. He believed in love a lot more than I do."
Deepest. Smartest. Most thoughtful. thing Stark said the ENTIRE book. I've always been rooting for Heath but Stark was definatly a close second until I read this. Awesomesauce? Are you freakin kidding me? That is NOT was Stark would have said in any of the other books even if he was trying to make
Sarah-marie
Aug 01, 2011 rated it liked it
i really want to read this book but why does heath have to come back i mean zoey has been through enough stress in her life .Firstly she had to deal with erik the jackass and loren blake slept with her and broke her heart i mean come on leave heath to be dead.
Amandacoventry
Joyzi
Sep 02, 2010 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Peeps who don't mind cussing and slutty characters, fans of HoN
Recommended to Joyzi by: Youtube
5.5.2011

REPHAIM!!!

DON'T MIND ME I'M CRAZY

CAN'T WAIT TO READ THIS ^^

• Dark Flame (The Immortals, #4)
  • House of Night: Legacy (House of Night: The Graphic Novel, #1-5)
  • Torment (Fallen, #2)
  • Das letzte Dornröschen (Märchenfluch, #1)
  • Shadowland (The Immortals, #3)
  • Passion (Fallen, #3)
  • Blue Moon (The Immortals, #2)
  • Everlasting (The Immortals, #6)
  • Night Star (The Immortals, #5)
  • The Circle of Blood (Forensic Mysteries, #3)
  • Last Breath (The Morganville Vampires, #11)
  • Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4)
  • Black Dawn (The Morganville Vampires, #12)
  • Rapture (Fallen, #4)
  • House of Night #1 (House of Night: The Graphic Novel, #1)
  • Fall of Night (The Morganville Vampires, #14)
  • The Enchanted Horse
  • Love Bites (Vampire Kisses, #7)
PC was born in the Midwest, and grew up being shuttled back-and-forth between Illinois and Oklahoma, which is where she fell in love with Quarter Horses and mythology (at about the same time). After high school, she joined the United States Air Force and began public speaking and writing. After her tour in the USAF, she taught high school for 15 years before retiring to write full time. PC is a #1 ...more

House of Night (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Marked (House of Night, #1)
  • Betrayed (House of Night, #2)
  • Chosen (House of Night, #3)
  • Untamed (House of Night, #4)
  • Hunted (House of Night, #5)
  • Tempted (House of Night, #6)
  • Burned (House of Night, #7)
  • Awakened (House of Night, #8)
  • Hidden (House of Night, #10)
  • Revealed (House of Night, #11)