Start by marking “Destined (Arcanus, #1)” as Want to Read:
Destined (Arcanus, #1)

Destined

(Arcanus #1)

Raised together, Sarnaiel and Naliel are as close as brothers could be, until the dark elf Sarnaiel decides he wants them to be something more. Only after he reveals his intentions does he learn of an arranged marriage that stands between them and their happiness. Unable to stand the idea of the one he loves with another, he vanishes, leaving Naliel alone...or so he ...more
ebook, 1st Edition, 266 pages
Published June 25th 2011 by Silver Publishing (first published June 18th 2011)

Start your review of Destined (Arcanus, #1)
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*

So, I had this really awesome (and yes, long) review already written but wouldn't you know, I accidentally refreshed the page and poof! No more review. *sigh*

Anyways, the blurb is pretty detailed on what happens in the story. Almost exactly, in fact. I'm actually glad I didn't read the blurb before I started the book or else I might have been annoyed with that. Either way, I think this book would have benefited better if it were separated into two books instead of just one. The first
Mandapanda
Sep 27, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: various-romance
Unfortunately this book has a character type that I really, REALLY dislike and that's predominantly the reason for the low rating. Sarnaiel and Naliel have been in love forever but Naliel won't act upon it because of a childhood betrothal to a woman not yet born.

Naliel is one of the most infuriatingly passive characters I've met in a novel. All the conflict happens because he's a total martyr and won't do anything to help himself or stand up for his bond with Sarnaiel. He needs to be on the
Victoria Zagar
Jul 26, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This isn't a formal review, but I hate rating books 1 star. I'm usually pretty forgiving and easy to please. I really wanted to explain why I felt this way about this book and why for me it was an abysmal read. I only finished it because I had received the paperback as a gift and wanted to honor the giver for his thoughtfulness.

Naliel is a very unlikable character. He is passive to the point where he hurts other people. He's in an arranged betrothal that he states many times he *could* get out
Kriss
Aug 04, 2012 rated it it was ok
This book was okay. The author, I felt, has a lot of potential and I look forward to her future works. This book, however, is not something I would seriously recommend.

The pace is really too fast. There's not enough time to get involved with the characters and I found myself never really caring too much about their romance. Secondary characters entered and left the stage way to quickly for them to have any meaningful impact upon me. I felt I was reading two distinct stories in the same book.
blub

There were portions of the book that had me on edge and wanting more but also parts that made me dislike the story and want to put it down. I liked it well enough 3/4ths of the way in and the rest of the way I just didn't care for. There were a a couple of questions the book didn't answer and I'm not so sure I'll be continuing the series. There was good world and character development, not to mention the cover art is really pretty.
Gale Stanley
Jul 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to get a copy of DESTINED The Arcanus series in a giveaway and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Catriana Sommers blended fantasy and love in an intriguing and unique story. I love the characters of Sarnaiel and Naliel. They're like two halves of a whole and they go through hell to be together. The world building is well-done and I'm looking forward to learning more about it in book two.
Katherine
Oct 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing, I read it several times, I love stories that bring the characters to life and Catriana does just that. I can't wait for her next book.
Carrie
Mar 29, 2012
Emma
Jul 10, 2012
Vandesdelca
rated it did not like it
Jan 26, 2012
Jan 21, 2013
Nemesis
May 26, 2011

Arcanus (2 books)
  • Bound by Blood (Arcanus, #2)