Start by marking “బుడుగు” as Want to Read:
బుడుగు

బుడుగు

105 pages
Published (first published April 1957)

Start your review of బుడుగు
Deepthi
May 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the very first book I read outside my curriculum when I was 10 years old and hence is very special to me.
Sweet and cute, the first person narration of the kid in the book is just hilarious! Bapu's pictures add to the charm of this book and light up the whole mood even further. Still cannot forget how Budugu explains about "Seegana Pesoonamba", the first crush of the kid.
A must read for Telugu people. Trust me, you will love it !
Ramyasree D
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How can I not rate it 5? Such a cute book. And actually it has some truth lying in between lines. Nijam chepthe entha nashtamo. Abbhadham chepthe kaanilu istharu.. Nenu juttu duvvukokapothe vedhava antaru adhe Amma duvvukuntu unte Nanna enduku alane baaunnav antaru. Ee pedha vaallu anthe.
Sanjeev
should have read it when innocence is alive
Divya
Dec 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: telugu
First read this when I was a kid. Read it again a few days ago. Enjoyed it equally both times. I am a huge fan of the Bapu-Mullapudi duo. Everything that they do, be it Mullapudi's writings or Bapu's paintings, or the movies that they made together - reflect the day to day middle class telugu household so well. Budugu is a simple yet extremely interesting book that looks at the world through a child's eyes and told in a child's language. Lovely read and a must read.
Sreevalli
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book i liked too much during my childhood. That innocence, the way Ramana depicted BUDUGU's character and the way Bapu sketched Budugu made him stay close and dear to my heart. All the charterers in the story , budugu's way of charechter description is awe-inspiring. I can just say I love the book so much that whenever I feel like reading a comic, the first one that comes to my mind is Budugu :) Thanks Bapu-Ramana :)
Janardhan Prasad
Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ha Ha Ha...

too funny. it's a kind of Auto biography of a 6 years old kid. kind of wimpy kid.
i read a lesson in my school days, now i read the complete book.

Budugu -- tittle character
Sigana pesunamba -- budugu's Crush
Gopalam -- Budugu father
Radaa -- Budugu mother(most beautiful smile)
rendujella sita -- his babai's crush's
and many more.

you can find all sorts of entertainment comedy, emotion, romance and our telugu in kids language.
Vasavi
May 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This book is pure fun.. no one can turn a page or even cross a paragraph without smiling or laughing.. We can relate to all the characters in the story.. and the language used is also a highlight.. new words like "veepu meeda champeyatam" etc n Budugu's sweet way of pronouncing names like seegana pesunamba will take the reader back to childhood..
Ramakrishna Venkata
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Every big and small kids should read this at least once. Comedy and Bapu pictures with so many feelings and very little lines are added advantage
Harish Challapalli
a heartfelt humorous book..u will surely enjoy this comedy based on innocence..different from the slapstick comedy these days we are witnessing everywhere..
Papiya Asrith
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Auto biography of a 6 years old kid.
Amazing telugu read.
Sruthi
Aug 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This book is hilarious. It is such kind of a book, where you can open any page and start reading from it. You will never get bored by this one. The narration by the author, Mullapudi Venkata Ramana Garu and also the illustrations by Bapu Garu. You will love the little guy 'Budugu', he is adorable. I can assure you, this book will never disappoint you when you want an entertaining read..!
τεξασωινη βυλυσυ
It's an awesome book. Can't imagine how he managed to write full length novel with main characters and conversations all in little childrens language and understable to everyone. I read it when I am 6-7years old but still remember this book and is my all time favourite.
Dinesh Chandan
Nov 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
it's one of the most hilarious book I've ever read.. the character budugu n his first crush "siganapasunamba" hahaaa.. it's really hilarious.. and yeah the 1st person narration by budugu is the highlight for this book.. just go for it.. u won't regret for ur choice ever..
Raghu
Nov 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good
Tonu.Pranavgmail.Com
Aditya Sarvepally
Aug 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: telugu
Books that are first read by us in our childhoods are always special!
Am glad that I laughed, loved and lived a *Budugu* life in my 'balyam'.
MANOHAR BURRA
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Naughty, above average to his age thoughts and poking fun at common day to day activities, Budugu, is a lovable character.
Sai Teja Pratap
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book has a very interesting style of narration. A 7yr old is talking to the reader explaining his life and his interpretation of the world around him.

Typos and grammatical mistakes is a feature of this book. It took me back to images from my childhood on how I used to mispronounce and misspell words.

This is a very happy book and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.
Ramani Adusumalli
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
described very well. remembering my childhood days.
Preetam Emani
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
All-time favorite :D
Bindu Madhav
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can write a huge essay on this book. But those words will not even scratch the surface of how awesome this book is.
kiran
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an wonderful read, I was smiling through out my read. Seriously so innocent and clever budugu. If you like humor,Go for it.
Excuse my reading
This book is HILARIOUS. I can read it everyday. I just looooove this comic.
Pradeep Gunda
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Doesn’t take much time to fall in love with Budugu and his equally loving and adorable family! Such a nice book, made me smile on every page! Bapu’s sketches are as adorable as Mullapudi’s writing!
Sriram Nyshadham
Apr 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Happiness overloaded
Raja Sekhar
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
How to read to this book in the app.. i read it many times but will do it again..can anybody suggest me. I couldn't find any option in the app
Kiran Reddy
Apr 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
One of the best humour writing in Telugu. It appealed to me when i was a kid and even now, when i am 50+ years old! :)

Pradeep
Jun 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice book
Arun Shourie
Nov 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A classic Telugu comedy compilation of small stories revolving around Dennis like Telugu Boy "Budugu". Though an inspiration from Dennis, The Menace, the stories are Pure Native Telugu writings, very close to every Telugu lover and are ever young inspite of being more than 60 years old. The Comedy is so subtle, that the elders enjoy it more than the Kids. The stories all along complains humorously about how mean the elders are to the kids, with their illogical anger and highhandedness. All the c ...more
Telugu Readers: BOTM-May, 2018-GR2(Comedy)-Budugu 21 21 May 26, 2018 07:12AM

• డబ్బు టుది పవరాఫ్ డబ్బు  [Dabbu to the Power of Dabbu]
  • అభిలాష [Abhilasha]
  • అంతర్ముఖం [Antarmukham]
  • కాశీ మజిలీ కథలు [Kasi Majili Kathalu]
  • మా దిగువ గోదారి కథలు (Maa Diguva Godari Kathalu)
Sri. 'Mullapudi Venkata Ramana' was born in a middle class traditional family and his childhood mostly spent in a tiny village called Dhowaleswaram near Rajahmundry, Andhra Pradesh. Ramana had one elder sister and a younger brother. It was a happy family with no troubles until his father expired when Ramana was 9 years old.This turned their family status upside down and they shifted to Chennai (ca ...more